It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Disclosure and Steven Greer?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
The "Disclosure" movement is a rebirth of the old 1950s UFO cults. It has no basis in reality and is very much a religion that preys upon people and their money.

You might be right this time
Maybe I should join em... I needz a new car

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You'll be hearing from them soon. Word has it they are trying desperately to create some serious special effects on their next outting for the poor believers lol. Oh these people never seem to shock me at what they'll go through to fool people and make them $$$. If you people only knew the money some of these folks make off this stuff. Think of it like this, ever noticed how some of the more popular preachers make some serious cash, while the other nobody preachers just have that little ole parsonage beside the church they live in? Theres a reason folks, because some people are just better speakers, and b/s story tellers. Its that glow, that charisma, that spark lol.

Hope this helped.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It's my opinion that the field of ufology as a whole kinda fell into a ditch when Art Bell retired.

I'm not sure exactly how ridiculous that is or not, as I came late to the party, but all the old heroes you'd hear on Coast (not that I count Greer among them) all just went off the radar. I'm sure they're continuing some project or another, we just don't get to hear about it.

Under Noory, Coast has completely forgotten ufology it seems like. Perhaps they feel it's beating a dead horse, as if scraping the bottom of the new age barrel is any better.

Is it just me or did ufology really lose its voice collectively when Art retired? Nobody talks about it anymore.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Lazyninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
It's my opinion that the field of ufology as a whole kinda fell into a ditch when Art Bell retired.

...Is it just me or did ufology really lose its voice collectively when Art retired? Nobody talks about it anymore.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Lazyninja because: (no reason given)

Well, IMHO, it may not have lost its voice so much as lost some of its volume, pitch, and tenor.

Another question entirely (though related) is has ufology lost its way more than its voice? Which "loss" is more damaging? Are they correlative? Are they Mutually/Commensurately/[&/or]Parasitically Symbiotic?

edit on 7/8/2011 by Outrageo because: well, you know...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I think you're right, it's a combination of both. Ufology has been losing it's way since the start. Too many frauds and claims of fraud, muddying the waters and making it impossible to see truth if we happened upon it.

But still it was a heck of a lot of fun (I imagine) during the Art Bell era, all I have is basically reruns which I came upon a couple of years ago, and I really appreciate the fact that I missed out on the high point of ufology, when it seemed truly exciting.

There are places to report ufos, there are websites, there are ufologists, but I feel that Art was the glue that held it all together.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In the early days of Art Bell, Jacque Vallee, etc the research on UFO's was taken seriously. But today in the interest of keeping your audience and making a fast buck, even many of the old timers still in the circuit have fallen pray to what John calls "UFO disease".

That is where you begin to follow any currently popular story no matter if real or hoax just to keep your followers, who are very fickle, coming back.

For some reason "we the people..." are not satisfied with the whistle blowers original story... the story that because of compartmentalization is most likely the one true story they have... But after a few years of telling that same story, the public gets bored and expects their favorite insider to give opinion on all the other stuff in the news... stuff they would have no idea about anymore than the average Joe.

You can see what I mean in the "Ask Stanton Friedman" thread... People are expecting answers to all sorts of things beyond his scope. He has already told us all he knows... but its not enough for the audience. They expect him to have all the answers

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonYou can see what I mean in the "Ask Stanton Friedman" thread... People are expecting answers to all sorts of things beyond his scope. He has already told us all he knows... but its not enough for the audience. They expect him to have all the answers

Great point zorgon. I also thought the same thing when reading that thread. It seems some people are desperate to find validation for some of the most bizarre and least credible aspects of Ufology (like the "Dulce Base" for example, which I saw someone asked about).

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

I'm afraid we will never get disclosure, at least not for a while. If the Aliens and the Gov want us to know we will know, until then happy hunting.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Very credible people indeed! Cannot vouch for all but there are sure alot of military and many more.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Maybe they took a vacation

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Maybe Steven has finally been abducted by Aliens

He seems to have fallen off the face of the planet. Somebody must know something?

Anyone got Mulder and Scullys cell phone numbers?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Instead of waiting for the US govt. to give us "permission" to be infomed, how bleeding arrogant of them. Why not try to somehow get everyone to figure out a way to contact said aliens and ask that they have a MASS SHOWING at one single time. Wouldn't that stop all of the rubbish that governments are carrying on with? Would that put an end to the secrecy of the so called political industial complex? Wouldn't that bring an end to our addiction to oil? Wouldn't that bring out into the open the apparent ideas of govts have mudered people, both average people AND well known people to keep the power to themselves?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

What if it doesn't work that way, though?

What if you ask for a major sighting, like a "Phoenix Lights" type of event, but they only allow you to see a little orb for a few seconds?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is more reports filed every month, the MSM is starting to cover stories and
the anchors aren't cracking jokes like they use to.
Celebrities are coming forward with beliefs and sightings, military and politicians
are coming forward with the same. I think there is a conditioning of society going on to
blend the existence of other life forms instead of throwing it all on the table and
tipping the ever so delicate human conscious over the breaking point.
It seems to be accelerating over the last couple of years, and they let out that there is
life on other planets,witch is going to happen very soon, your really going to see the flood gates open.

Friday, April 13th : Conversations With Dr. Steven Greer

11 am Pacific / 2 pm Eastern
and 6 pm Pacific / 9 pm Eastern

DR. STEVEN GREER & DR. TED LODER

UFO & Energy Secrecy: How It Is Maintained
From Early 1900s Through The Present

Dr. Greer will be joined by Dr. Ted Loder to discuss the complex issue of UFO and Energy secrecy. They will discuss how since the early 1920s energy solutions have been suppressed and they will also address the confluence between that and UFO secrecy. From T Townsend Brown to Jimmy Dolittle to the Third Reich to Barry Goldwater. This will be an indepth discussion of history from a different perspective.
edit on 12-4-2012 by zigoapex because: to add greer info

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yeah, whatever happened to that fraudste...eh..guy...

Seriously, he started off so promising too, very intelligent, very well spoken with some great stories and he seemed to be organised.......
I lost interest when i saw $$$ signs and heard his radio nonsense about Alien arms growing out his body and other far out there mince....why do they feel the need to push things waaaaay off the sphincter scale. pfffft

How many more of these cranks do we need to suffer.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Dr. Greer ranks right up there with that fraud and charlatan David Icke and his "reptilians". These guys literally have made MILLIONS of dollars off poor ignorant gullible people who are simply looking for an answer like we all are. These charlatans need to be outed for what they truly are, nothing more than a corporate machine who's revenue intake during one of their very long "preaching/speaking" sessions is on par with that of large rock concerts like AC/DC.

They truly are a tumor in the rectum of UFO research.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by imnotanother

I think Dr. Steven Greer is commendable and has already made enough effort. It's sad, but not unexpected, to see his later talks and interviews over-packed with incredible concepts. I can only imagine how tiring it must be to repeat the same seemingly incredible accounts to skeptics and students alike over and over. Disclosure should have already taken good traction.

He does make a few presentational mistakes by not emphasizing the strengths of some testimony. It confuses the skeptics and draws fire from the staunch disbelievers.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

...He does make a few presentational mistakes

Oh, Greer has made much more grievous and disenfranchising errors then merely those having to do with "presentation".

I'd include factual errors, misrepresentation errors, fallacious errors, philosophical errors, errors in judgement, errors of record, technical errors, material errors, errors of misconception/misconjecture/misinterpretation/mistranslation, misuse of words, prejudicial errors, manifest errors, fundamental errors, and errors of mistaken beliefs - to name just a few...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
As much of a fraud as he is, Greer should have been homeless in 2013. Unfortunately, there's always gullible suckers out there to provide him with a steady flow of income.

Kind of makes you wish that shooters like the one at Sandy Hook Elementary would target people like him, rather than innocent children.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Hey, U_O - nice to have you here - and please don't take this personally:

Just a warning. Your profile/avatar is in violation of ATS T&C rules. Merely giving you a heads-up so you can change it before one of the mods, or worse, one of the Three Amigos slap you upside your l'il Joker-head.

Specifically, the T&C states,

re: Mini-Profile Background Images
...Background colors and imagery that obscure your member name are not allowed.

You may want to take a look at this ATS thread by Skeptic Overlord.

Good luck - and take care!

edit on 1/3/2013 by Outrageo because:

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join