It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-foaming agent found in Chicken McNuggets

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The thing about this article and the hundreds of others over the year from various sources all slamming McDonald's for additives in their food, is that I finish reading every one and instantly want a Maccy D's. I haven't had one for a while, but Lord knows I want one.

Is it ironic that whilst reading this thread the adverts down the side are selling me the "best burger" in my home town? Yet I don't want that Burger?

Perhaps the effect that McDonald's intensive kid aimed marketing through my childhood (Late 80s, early 90s) had, however much I make the effort to understand what I consume.

Edit to add: McDonald's could probably make a fortune from creating or funding articles like this knowing that most of us who grew up during that time already sold our souls for a "Happy Meal" a while ago.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Hypernova86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I heard that they spray dihydrogen monoxide in our water supply...

Spray? You must be drinking too much of the dihydrogen monoxide laced kool-aid.

They literaly pump that stuff through the water system.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Some people just don't care.

Your money is your vote, folks.

I stopped eating McD's 15 years ago when I found out they clear cut rainforest to feed their McCattle.

Breathing trumps 99 cent 'cheeseburgers'.

I cheated a couple years back after seeing a McD's right after a walk about and a fast and got so sick I had to have my stomach pumped.

There are so many processed, non-food chemicals in this 'food' that it must be back room bribery that allows them to even serve it.

This comes as no surprise, but it's still disgusting.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

I kind of hope you felt compelled to read this based on your name rather than being a non McDonald's eater, albeit a cheating one, haha.

I mean you no personal insult.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is nothing new...I was on my kids about the things bac in january

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Is there such a thing as "eat healthy" now days..?

Have your 5 fruit a day, it's really good for you! It's jam packed with all the chemicals and alterations you could ever need!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by survivalstation
Sounds so simple until you realize what all that actually means. You are eating chicken skin, bones, sinew, tendons, cartilage, fat and a little left over meat. YUM or YUCK?
edit on 26-6-2011 by survivalstation because: last line

Eating the ENTIRE animal.

And thats yuck?

No, that's the impact your consumerism has left on you. Imagine you had to gut your own dinner? "Ewww its got all this red stuff in it, yukkkk!! Mummy, I don't want that yucky stuff. I want a hamburger!"

Ironic name, "Oh it's got beaks in it... no thank you!" survival tips..

You seem to have misread my post as a personal commentary. Nowhere did I use the word "I" as in "I won't eat animal parts" nor did I say "YUCK" to eating animal parts. My original post closed with "YUM or YUCK?" and that was meant as a rhetorical question for each reader to ask themselves.

I regularly hunt for my meat and gut, quarter and process my own game. I brain tan deer hides, oil tan rabbit and squirrel hides, turn sinew into cordage, make my own jerky, pemmican and sausage and use the bones and cartilage to make soups and stews and tools. Not much of an animal is wasted, nor should it be.

I have no problems using an entire animal for food, tools and clothing. What I have a problem with is eating a meat product that is filled with chemicals intended to disinfect, flavor and preserve.

I can't remember the last time I ate at a McDonalds let alone the last time I ate chicken nuggets. I used to work at a chain fast food joint when I was a kid and can tell you that everything they serve has a list of ingredients a mile long, most of which are preservatives and stabilizers.

Since you really know nothing of the true nature of my "consumerism", I can only surmise that your response was a hastily crafted reply to what you think everybody lives like. Sorry to burst your bubble but the only things I regularly consume from a grocery store are staples like flour, sugar, salt, pepper and coffee, lots and lots of coffee.

Why would I want to buy meat that is full of hormones, antibiotics and God only knows what else when nature provides free range meat for free?

Ironic name? Perhaps, but I happen to practice what I preach.

Now that you know a little more about me and that I really don't like anti-foaming agents in my food, would you care to tell the rest of us how often you consume those little chicken delights?

Perhaps if your avatar was not always busy sharpening it's nails for a personal attack you would have had a little more time to read and comprehend my original reply.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow as if no one read my post...THIS COMPOUND IS THE SAME AS MARGRINE! you know "I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER!"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join