It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would appreciate some help with these symbols.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Good day, I was wondering if I may have some help or insight on these symbols in this tattoo. I was at the local strawberry festival and I ran into a man with these mysterious symbols tatted on his arm. The first one (top) looks like The Rose of the Rosicrucian but I have not been able to find any of the other ones. Are they just art or do any of you know any other meaning. Symbolism fascinates me and I would love some help figuring these out and even better yet some direction to help me find them myself. Thank you for your time in advance.
edit on 26-6-2011 by thirdeyeflight because: forgot the image

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeflight

Your pictures did not show up...I am curious to see them though.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Try reposting the pictures and I might be able to help you.
I have a hard time embedding, too.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ok pic is up please help

not a one line post, or a fragment, thanks.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Chakras in the body. Top one is the crown chakra, the one below is the third eye chakra, below it is the throat chakra, then the heart chakra, solar plexus chakra, sacral chakra then the root chakra.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
Chakras in the body. Top one is the crown chakra, the one below is the third eye chakra, below it is the throat chakra, then the heart chakra, solar plexus chakra, sacral chakra then the root chakra.

Well that was so easy im embarrased thanks for your help.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Chakras symbols you can probably find explanation and more info. on line or at the libarary

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Anytime =)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

MAybe I have lost it...but why those colors....base is red...but its supposed to flow like the rainbow...red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, then ulta violet(admittedly usually its a shade of red/blue as we cannot see ultra very well so they blend it with a red to imply its harmonic transition to the next visual octave...

Sorry to pic it apart, feel free to correct me
So IMHO its an incorrect portrayal of said kundalini/endocrine points and color harmonics....

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Wow, I don't think you lost it, I think thats a very very good thought. It does seem to make sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Sorry to pic it apart, feel free to correct me So IMHO its an incorrect portrayal of said kundalini/endocrine points and color harmonics....

Nope, you're correct, but it's a tattoo-kind of like people getting Chinese symbol tattoos and not knowing what they say.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
"I was at the local strawberry festival and I ran into a man with these mysterious symbols tatted on his arm"

so you were able to take a picture of his arm ? But you didn't think to ask him what they meant?

Or did you take the picture without him knowing and his hands behind his back

Perv!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Haha you put a picture of a chakra symbols tattoo in the secret societies forum.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
"I was at the local strawberry festival and I ran into a man with these mysterious symbols tatted on his arm"

so you were able to take a picture of his arm ? But you didn't think to ask him what they meant?

Or did you take the picture without him knowing and his hands behind his back

Perv!

He looked like the calm but crazy @ss dude that might rip out your spleen and take the time to make it into a wonderful dinner for him and his fam. So I played it safe with a camera phone shot.

Originally posted by RightInTwo
Haha you put a picture of a chakra symbols tattoo in the secret societies forum.

I almost put it in the Philosophy and Metaphysics but I wasn't sure what the symbols meant. Sorry I will try and place in the correct forum next time.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
He looked like the calm but crazy @ss dude that might rip out your spleen and take the time to make it into a wonderful dinner for him and his fam. So I played it safe with a camera phone shot.

I generally find that those with original body art welcome the chance to talk about it's meaning and are more than happy to display it. And the big, crazy, looking ones, if you are polite and courteous, are generally the nicest of people. Especially bikers, no need to worry unless you plan crossing them. I've asked people, quite randomly, if they'll remove an item of clothing so I can get a better look, and ten times out of ten, they have done so.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

I generally find that those with original body art welcome the chance to talk about it's meaning and are more than happy to display it. And the big, crazy, looking ones, if you are polite and courteous, are generally the nicest of people. Especially bikers, no need to worry unless you plan crossing them. I've asked people, quite randomly, if they'll remove an item of clothing so I can get a better look, and ten times out of ten, they have done so.

I assume you are not suggesting the OP go ask a biker to remove his clothes? And in the last line, I am hoping you mean get a look at the "Tattoo".....otherwise it could be a rough day for the OP

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drala

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

I assume you are not suggesting the OP go ask a biker to remove his clothes? And in the last line, I am hoping you mean get a look at the "Tattoo".....otherwise it could be a rough day for the OP

Haha...yeah, I see your point, but I think we can assume, contextually, that I wasn't recommending that the OP ask random people to remove clothing for no reason... And, just to avoid later law suits, those people that I have asked, it really only involved rolling up their shorts a bit further or taking off a shirt or pulling down a shoulder strap in the case of women. I wouldn't ask someone already scantily clad to reveal more, as I would have already no doubt have seen more than enough already...plus, it is limb work that I particularly like, not a big fan of huge, all over tattooing, quality over quanity being a motto of mine.

new topics

top topics

join