It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam is being persecuted unfairly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sirri, I was kidding. I just wanted to cheese some people into defending their anti war stance after I listed his atrocities.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is a tired topic. If there were "camps everywhere", according to crmanager, we would surely have heard about them many, many times. Instead we hear weird statements from the officials that "he was coddling Al Qaeda type organizations". No specifics. Saddam was open in his animosity towards the US, that much is true, but invading Iraq because of that does not make sense, given his complete inability to attack. Iran in fact got some breathing space and more time to develop the nukes as the US is mired in Iraq. So, crmanager... Duh.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I heard that Saddam is going to Sweden soon...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I believe that saddam only killed the kurds when they were hiding iranian troops in iraqi land..and saddam killed them all..Sounds like what most countries do...

All the crap you hear about saddam is propaganda..I really dont understand why people dont understand that.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have not changed my opinion of this Iraqi thing including Saddam Hussein. He is being sacrificed by the Bush Crime Family. As this election campaign proceeds, we unveil more dirt on this bunch of criminals who would use the name of America to sit in false judgement on a man who pulled Iraq together and sat on the trap door of hell. His Baathists kept three different moslem factions from destroying the world's largest supply of crude. Mr G.Brish unloosed the chains and now the situation grows worse with threats of secession in the south(shades of 19th century America) and people in the North(the Kurds) not only in rebellion but are shutting down the pipelines. In the meantime, the price of crude is rising and civilian America will now suffer along with the military. So, YES, Mr. Hussein is being unfairly persecuted, prosecuted, and prejudged by a bunch of ignorant NewCons( nuke ons) We should have protested more violently before G.Brish illegally invaded Iraq, and we MUST get rid of that maniac before he can invade Iran and throw us into a nuclear holocaust.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If youre going to blame Iraq (Saddam) for harboring terrorist elements, then at least be consistent and blame the USA, as well.

How many terrorists have attended Americas finest educational institutions? I can think of at least one: Osama Bin Laden.

How many terrorist cells are located in the USA? I dont know the number, but its common knowledge that they do and are probably numerous.

So, if youre trying use the existence of terrorist cells in Iraq as some kind of rationale or justification for invading the country, then its a convoluted argument at best. Terrorists are located all around the world, in every country, regardless of its politics.

We were wrong to invade Iraq. None of the reasons given by King George for doing so were correct. Therefore, even though I think Saddam is a muderous tyrant, I think his detention and trial are illegitimate and, therefore, illegal. Our President is a Bible Thumping, psychotic sociopath who lied to us and is destroying our country to satisfy his own personal agenda. And like sheep being led to slaughter, a great number of our citizens are blindly following and supporting this maniac, despite the damage hes doing us.

Baaah, baah

I think its disgusting that the ones most responsible for 9/11 are not being pursued with anything near the vengeance and ferocity that Saddam was while we hunted him down. Whats wrong with this picture? No wonder the rest of the world hates us. Were thugs.

Therefore, I think your clever little list/group of the greatest leaders the world has seen is clearly incomplete. A more complete list would be something like this:

Saddam/Hitler/Bush The Three Amigos

There, now thats better

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
When will people get through their heads that Saddam had nothing to do with 911.
I live in NYC and Im sick and tired of people using 911 as a justification for the Iraq debacle!

Anyone who debates the fact that Saddam was an evil man is a moron, Unfortunately being an evil man is not enough justification to me to invade another country, sacrifice over a thousand american lives, squander over 100 billion dollars that would have been better spent on domestic security, and further inflame the whole mideast situation.

At best Saddam would have been a threat in ten years.
Compare that to North Korea which is a threat now!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Let us not loose sight of who had brought Suddam into power and supported him through most of his worst atrosities. these people are the same people who are determinig policy and waging this so called war on terror.
A lot of people seem to want to divide the big players in all this into good guys and bad guys. but there are no good guys and bad guys.
everyone has blood on their hands.
they all have their own agendas that have nothing to do with the interests and wellfare of the civilian (real people) population.
and spilling more blood is no solution.
all it leads to is more anger, sadness, feelings of betrayal and more of our humanity to slip away.
there is no excuse for war. war is the action taken when no other solution can be thought of. and if one cannot think of better solution than they have no place as a leader.

i am not an American, i live in Australia.
but i have spoken to americans and i know of others who have too and these Americans have said that they are scared. but not of Suddam.
during the recent scares, the introduction of the so called 'Patriotic Act' and various other implentation of Bush Addmin. policies, they have said that they are scared to express their opinions, ideas, feelings and veiws.
if this kind of fear exist then we have to ask ourselves; where is and what kind of freedom are we fighting for? that our troops and iraqi people are dying for?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

So he killed a few thousand kurds (not the millions Bush has said.) They were revolting. He was just trying to maintain his country.

It was the Iranians who killed the kurds with cyanide missiles during the Iran-Iraq war. The CIA even said so at the time. It wasnt until Saddam became the enemy of the USA that they changed the story to Saddam killing the kurds.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
crmanager

Maybe you can explain how you came to the conclusion that saddam was a great man, taken from his people, by the imperialist.

Enlighten me with the knowledge you posses on this hero of yours.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join