It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam is being persecuted unfairly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
George Bush has run roughshod over his last country.

After destroying the reputation of the U.S and throwing our economy in the toilet he decided to unfairly and illegally invade Afgahistan and Iraq.

Look at the numbers, the American military has failed to even restore electricity to pre war levels. Water and sewer levels are horrendous. Innocent people die daily because the Americans can't provide the protection and stability the Saddam could.

So he killed a few thousand kurds (not the millions Bush has said.) They were revolting. He was just trying to maintain his country.

So he emptied the southern marshes and relocated the Arabs located there forever destroying the environment and ending a lifestyle the marsh arabs had for a thousand years. They were revolting.

So what if he invaded Iran? He was just doing the bidding of Halliburton and the its evil cabal of NWO henchmen. I know he used WMD's in the war but the Iranians were winning.

So what if he invaded Kuwait? They are illegally squatting on Iraqi oil. They are all animals anyway.

So what if he tortured his Olympic atheletes? They lost they deserve it.

So what if he was SUPOSSEDLY building WMD?He needed to protect himself and there was no proof anyway.

His history is one of perseverence. He never knew his dad. His stepdad beat him. His tutor was pro nazi during WW2.He tried to overthrow the corrupt Quassim regime. He later grew to prominence with a reputation for being a prolific torturer. He tried another overthrow that worked and established himself through terror and control. He NEVER quit. A winner!!!

Wait that sounds like some one I heard about... HMMMMM....

images.google.com...:a8UpaJd4Z4oJ:hsgm.free.fr/liens/hitler.jpg

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Wait... What? I don't get it. You aren't seriously defending him, are you?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
So he killed a few thousand kurds (not the millions Bush has said.) They were revolting. He was just trying to maintain his country.

Wow....thats a little too bold! Killing anyone should be considered wrong. I can see what you are saying in some sense, but the guy is probably just as big a madman as Bush is. Saddam is a nut case, but then again, so are most leaders!!!

[edit on 10-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You cannot defend Saddam. Anyone who has treated human beings like he has deserves to be locked away. However I would defend that fact that besides all this, what right do the U.S have to go around telling countries how to do things without UN support. America or any other country should not have this right.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I saw this and thought, "no, I'm not gonna open it"....now I wish I hadn't. I can't believe you are thinking this way....I mean, are for torturing people? Pease explain to me your thinking process here.....or, is this an attempt to stir things up a bit?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think this was an attempt at sarcasm. The last line is very impt, as is the link. crmanager is making an allusion that Saddam was very much like hitler in many ways.

However I would defend that fact that besides all this, what right do the U.S have to go around telling countries how to do things without UN support. America or any other country should not have this right.

THANK YOU someone agrees with me. America has NO RIGHT to boss countries around. None. WE don't klnow best, even though we think we do, aren't an unbiased perspective, even though we think we are. If you want a fairly unbiased perspective go to Canada.

Saddam is a nut case, but then again, so are most leaders!!!

Anybody who wants to run a countyry is a nutcase IMO. The people who should run countries are the ones who never try to hold any public office of any type. In other words, the people in the background.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow,

I am against the ground invasion of Iraq, yet Saddam deserves nothing more than a bullet in his skull, two if needed. I am sourly pissed that they did'nt throw a grenade into his hole so we could skip this rediculas trial and potential escape or coup.

Even though Bush used horrible judgement, with limited intel and justification to invade Iraq this does not excuse Saddam's atrocities.

Was it the US armed forces job to take him out? Nope its not why we have Armed Forces, but Saddam needs dead none the less.

Your wrong to support this excriment of a human Saddam Hussein(sp).

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am very serious about the fact that Saddam is a great man.
Like Hitler he dragged his coutry to modern times.

Hitler restored national pride. He gave the world the superhigway. So what if it was to spped the flow of troops to the fronts.

He built a war machine second to none. Sure he invaded a few countries but "Liebensram" right?

Saddam took what was his. Kuwaiti oil was Iraq's befroe the english split the country illegally.

He was just helping the poor oppressed Palestinians with cash any way he could when he paid suicide bombers. THAT is a humanitarian.

The trains ran on time in a contry that was backward.

Wait.. HMMMM... that reminds me of another guy I heard of...

images.google.com...:w_Nu7jm6l-MJ:www.fresno.k12.ca.us/schools/s090/history/mussolini.gif

Just a misunderstood genius.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by crmanager]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
LOL! I find it very funny that people are taking you seriously.
Good spin!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I hope you get lots of points for this one crm. That is what you're going for here right? Because you can't honestly think this. Unless you think the torturing of innocent people including chilren, including your own children is ok. No one really thinks like this unless you're Jack the Ripper.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Actually, i think crm was being satirical and was not lauding sadam.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Wait.. HMMMM... that reminds me of another guy I heard of...

Don't forget about the dynamic duo

www.picturehistory.com...

[edit on 10-8-2004 by flashburn]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hitler and Saddam in the same post?

They were both human criminals and history will judge them along with many others.

To rationalize that abject horrors people like this have visited upon humanity takes something that escapes me.

From earliest history mass murderers have existed. Claiming that what any one of them did was for a good reason I believe is shallow. This mentality could easily be used to extol the positive aspects of such as any serial killer. All the potential for excellence that vanished can not be counted.

Life imprisonment or death is none too good for Saddam.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No, Saddam is a great and fine man!

What was Bush thinking when he took this loving leader away from his people whom are suffering unger the American imperialist death threat. The Americans only did this for oil. All oil.

Bush was wrong for taking him away!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
We can make it here as comical as we wish, having enough time. I haven't followed the fact about Saddam's indictment, but if it includes gassing the Kurds, then the US should also invade Turkey and prosecute those responsible for atrocities against same Kurds.

Saddam is being prosecuted in Iraq by a bunch of gangsters installed by the US. On these grounds, he should really be let go. Who cares about Saddam when the country is in much, much bigger mess than it has been since Babylonian times. Really. Saddam was cakewalk compared to the prospects they are facing now.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Funny thread. Here's a picture for you to chuckle about.

Yeah, this whole Iraq thing is real funny. Just a big joke, huh?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
images.google.com...:eMztl1_ZkfQJ:www.september-11th.us/9-11.gif

curme... take a big ol bite

try telling me that these men died for nothing and I swear to God I will pray every night for you to meet a family member of a 9/11 victim and tell them they are not worth the fight.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've served my time in Iraq, it's nothing to joke about. (P.S. 9/11 has nothing to do with Saddam).

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Curme, thank you for your service. I am a little older then you probably> I was in another fight.

9/11 has everything to do with Iraq. So Saddam wasn't in the planning!

He fed, clothed and encouraged almost every piece of waste wanting to hurt the U.S. Don't fight me on this point there were camps everywhere.

We shut down Afghanistan. Now Iraq. Iran is surrounded. Asking for European help to develope nukes. They are scared. They see the writing on the wall.
This post was just to bring out anyone wanting to say there was no war justification. LIKE YOU. Saddam is HITLER. Not Bush.

The Patriot Act will not lead to mass jailings. relax.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
CRManager,

Your information in regards to Iraq seems to be dated.

Check out this link from the Department of Defence.

The report is dated June 6, 2004.

www.defendamerica.mil...

john

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join