It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 25, 2011 2 UFOs moving exactly the same speed/ distance between each other

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
please i need feedback! have you seen this?

i was looking east and there is a very bright star east. The 2 objects were moving north to south, kind of not in a straight path, but the 2 objects appeared in the middle of the sky, and were both brighter than any star. but heres the thing, they both went at the same exact speed, they both maintained the same exact distance from each other, it wasnt an estimate, i have very good binoculars, they both were exactly the same speed, exactly going, without moving. Then the one on the bottom, got brighter and brighter, as if moving down to earth, then went back to normal, they both went on for about 40 seconds, and vanished.

Bad drawing, but just to get my point
2 points are the objects
dashed line are where they were going
--
that picture shows it exactly, 1 was ahead than the other, but im not exaggerating, EXACTLY they were going the same speed, and maintained the distance from each other, now what are the chances of seeing 2 bright sattelites, right by each other, and both of them going the same speed, and going in the same exact direction?

tinypic.com...
Incase that doesnt work somehow

tinypic.com...

chances are 2 sattelites appear at the same time, and disapear at the same time, = 0?

EDIT: when the bottom one became very bright and bigger, i saw a black speck in the middle of the light, if that helps
edit on 26-6-2011 by Ab123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't know what you saw, but there are satellites that do travel in pairs, one behind the other.

However I have seen lights traveling in pairs, side by side, two following two...that are not typical for satellites.

If you don't know about this site, it is very helpful to know just 'who' is flying overhead. There are SO many satellites up there, and some are just junk haphazardly tumbling, dim, yet visible.

Heavens Above Satellite Tracking

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ab123

Maybe this will help...

edit on 26-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...just because...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
In my part of the world, on clear nights with no moon I see many satellites, and I have seen two, one following the other, many times. Same speed and distance from each other. I assume its always the same two as I have seen them so often, always travelling in the same direction. Also depending on what time of year it is you can see satellites get brighter/dimmer as they move in and out of the suns light as even though its night where you are, the sun is just over the horizon and the satellites are up so high they are in sunlight, this also explains why very late at night even though you can see lots of stars you usually don't see any satellites, we only see them as they reflect the suns light.
edit on 26-6-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Am i supposed to conduct a 10 hour drawing board and fully detail? Thats all you need to see, thats how they formed, nothing else would help you tell what they are

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
the sattelites were not following each other, 1 was above, 1 was below, and 1 was ahead of the other

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ab123

How could you tell one was higher than the other?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I, and others, witnessed something similar last year.

The two travelling objects kept the same distance apart, however, one leading the other.

I imagined it to be the head and tail lights of a vast ship.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Because i saw one above the other one? So i assume the one above the bottom one is higher than the other one

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

I looked, and it said no sattelites were in my area going North to South, these objects were

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
did it look like this?

www.satobs.org...
One of the interesting sights in the night sky are the Naval Ocean Surveillance System (NOSS) satellite formations, each having two or three satellites in close proximity to one another. Normally these satellites are relatively dim to the unaided eye, but on occasion they brighten sufficiently to be easily seen in a dark sky.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

It looks like they were going the same speed and maintaining the same distance from each othe like that video, but 1 was lower than the other, like in the picture i drew

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ab123

You don't give your location or the time of the sighting. ... what gives?

Another possibility is that it could have been GRACE-1 and GRACE-2, which travel together on a north-south orbit.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Oh sorry i forgot, the location was blue springs missouri, aprox. 11:30 PM - 12:00

Didnt check time for a while, could have been between that time

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ab123

If they maintained the same distance from each other then how could you tell one was 'above' the other? I'm just havin trouble visualizing that. The two I have seen were on a north/south track also, and one wasn't directly behind the other. Do you live in the UK?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ab123

Then the one on the bottom, got brighter and brighter, as if moving down to earth, then went back to normal, they both went on for about 40 seconds, and vanished.

Brief brightening is usually due to the sun glinting off of solar panels or flat, reflective surfaces. The Iridium satellites were well known for their 'flaring'. As the ISS was adding its bits and pieces I remember a few nights seeing what seemed like red rocket flares but turned out to be new solar panels. Now it can be brighter than the planet Venus, making it the third brightest object in the sky behind the sun and moon.

As many satellites as there are nowdays (as a child I would wait for hours just to see the original dim little Sputnik) I definitely think there are still things not explainable floating above our heads.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Read the post above for my location, ok ill try to explain

lets say the ............ is space
and lets say the 0 0 are the UFOS

1 was above, 1 was below, the distance between them, was the same, 1 DID NOT go faster than the other, they had the same speed.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

But only the bottom one got brighter

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ab123

yesterday? the 25th? EDIT: Nevermind, it is in the title.

edit on 26-6-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Correct, the 25

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join