It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it's possible to "sell your soul" to the Devil?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The way I understand it, if the devil is not real to you, then you cannot sell your soul to him.

If the devil is real to you, it is just a matter of offering something of serious worth, such as an unborn child and then writing up the contract.

I saw in this thread someone had suggested a contract signed in blood, they are correct.

The way to know it has worked is to see what happens to the unborn child (or whatever you offered). If it survives the pregnancy, then the contract was not accepted, if the unborn baby dies, for whatever reason (the powers that be take the child before it is born), the contract was accepted and whatever you wished for will become yours over time. You must be the biological parent of the child in order for it to work.

Please don't go offering unborn children, I am just going off of what I understand and what my own experiences have shown me. It is an awful subject, but then the dark side is an awful place to be in.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's actually pretty simple to sell your soul to the Devil.

Just deny Jesus.

(I wouldn't recommend it though)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I researched this whole thing awhile back and never found much, do I think you can? Eeeh probably not. But anythings possible in this crazy crazyyy world.

Think your friend maybe was just messing with you.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
It's actually pretty simple to sell your soul to the Devil.

Just deny Jesus.

(I wouldn't recommend it though)

Or what? You will kill everyone not like you? Oh you won't, but god will? Hmm, sounds like the same logic people have used for thousands of years to justify killing other human beings.

Why can't people realize that it is not like you're stuff [jesus] is good and islam is bad, its all crazy bullcrap, and until people realize this we are going to continue getting closer to the dark ages.

Think of it, this is the most religious time in history of humanity, and we are on the brink of economic collapse/massive world wars which some say already started.

Can a gorilla sell his soul to jesus? How about a fish? What about the children that get shot in drive-by shootings, did they deserve it because they did not have jesus in his heart?

Yea you can sell yourself to a road, be it christianity or otherwise, but you are going to do some things that you question deep inside but never mention, like those crazy girls that stuff plates in their lips, they are only doing that because they got on a road and everyone else on that road has plate lips..

But when you start telling other human beings you must accept jesus or else you are going to die, you are no longer preaching what you believe, because any god that has to have recruiters to get me to believe in him, is a god that does not exist.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

That comes from your own arrogance to assume thats the case. Its a freely availible gift. God seeks you out to know him. But its up to you to accept it.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Its one thing to mock something you dont understand, but dont berate someone because of their belief which unbeknownst to you might be for good reason. By experience.

Such as myself.

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the Prophets according to the commandement of the everlasting God, made knowen to all nations for the obedience of faith,
edit on 4-7-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by Jrocbaby

That comes from your own arrogance to assume thats the case. Its a freely availible gift. God seeks you out to know him. But its up to you to accept it.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Its one thing to mock something you dont understand, but dont berate someone because of their belief which unbeknownst to you might be for good reason. By experience.

Such as myself.

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the Prophets according to the commandement of the everlasting God, made knowen to all nations for the obedience of faith,
edit on 4-7-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

You had a religious experience? Please PM, I had a couple too. It will strengten both our faiths.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You can't sell your soul because it's already owned by God.

If you are a Christian... the bible says that God breathed into Adam and brought him to life (with spirit).

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I replied before and still believe you can't sell something you don't own.

However, the mind is so powerful I guess someone could truly believe they sold their soul to the Devil, if they believe in the Devil that is. Sometimes I think people are confused by the portrayal of the Devil in movies where people sell their souls and become rich, famous, all that... It all kind of seems all cool and glamorous somehow.

I knew a person who wanted to be someone else. I mean a "someone else" who didn't actually exist, just an imaginary character that this person made up in his mind. Sort of an alter ego type of thing. He prayed and prayed to God to turn him into this person and when it never happened he decided he would sell his soul to the Devil in exchange for being transformed into this other (imaginary) person who he created. He decided that the process for doing that was to accept the Devil into his heart, promise the Devil his soul, ask the Devil for what he wanted and then kill himself. He believed he would then reincarnate into this other person. I'm not sure whatever happened to him but thought it was an interesting thing to mention with regard to this topic.

Personally, I don't open myself up to this kind of thing. If it's real, I don't wanna know... I'll leave my soul in-tact the way it was given to me and make my own fortunes

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
We are in fact spiritual beings. We use these physical bodies while here on earth. There are good spirits and bad spirits. Satan and his army of demons is very real. I have lived in a ministry and have seen first hand how satan strikes those who believe in Christ as our Savior. They say the windows are the eyes to the soul. I have seen these demons. I have experienced first hand the battles. My soul belongs to G-d.
Those who do not believe are easy to deceive. Be careful with your soul.
Look are the world around us ... the evil, the greed, hate ... only satan can be held responsible.
Don't play with your soul and don't make fun of those who do believe. As a baby Christian I had to fight satan's temptations, then realized what I was doing. Do I want to please G-d or satan? I was on the right back on the same old path until I looked at myself in the mirror one morning. I wasn't pleasing G-d. My soul was in trouble. I made up my mind that satan would have no part of me.
If you don't believe, don't make fun of those who know and do believe. In time we will all know the truth.
Just be very careful because this is very real!!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The true question... How much do you shop at Wal-Mart and buy Pepsi? It's more of a trade than a direct buy.

Ha, no... Selling your soul to the devil is a term that directly implies that you are in control (say, the Devil offers 100 pesos for your soul--it is up to you to accept or decline). The metaphorical acceptance of the deal is when you then believe yourself to be under control of the devil. For example, I could easily say that I sold my time to physics this morning. Physics didn't really ask to by some of my vast collection of time, no I am merely stating that I accepted using my time to think about particle motion before breakfast.

Of course we could take the Ghost Rider route to this question, but Nicholas Cage isn't a good enough actor to even consider doing thaat.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NellahB
Look are the world around us ... the evil, the greed, hate ... only satan can be held responsible.

Why? Why can't the evil, greedy, and hateful be held responsible for themselves? There is no such thing as evil, just human nature, in which greed and hate, love and giving are all apart.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Absolutely. People "sell" their souls to the devil every day just by rejecting the truth of Christ.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
You can't sell your soul because it's already owned by God.

If you are a Christian... the bible says that God breathed into Adam and brought him to life (with spirit).

Adam came to life because gods breath was so bad

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NellahB

And what proof do you have that Satan is responsible? Oh yeah I forgot, because god would neverrrr everrrrr do anything wrong even though he was the one who created Satan, evil, greed, hate blah blah blah

I suppose when god apparently flooded the world and wiped out everyone that was Satan's fault too right?

Now you'll quote some vague bible verse to 'prove' your point.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

Fatgoblin get your facts right you fatgoblin lolz

God creates lucifer as the most pure of angels, impecable at a gaze and he was the minster of music in heaven.

www.google.co.uk...

www.google.co.uk... d&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=19889l22776l0l23l14l0l6l6l0l392l1058l3-3l3

Lucifer was cast out of heaven because he thought he could be greater than God.

www.google.co.uk... =e&gs_upl=13312l19679l0l41l27l0l11l11l1l493l2263l3-4.2l6

God punished him and cast him down to the earth

www.google.co.uk... aqi=&aql=undefined&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=80988l82708l0l13l7l0l0l0l0l406l775l3-1.1l2

lots of links in there for you to feast upon!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I don't embrace the Judeo-Christian belief systems anymore so...

It seems to me that "selling your soul to the devil" is more of a symbolic thing. Instead of making a deal with an otherworldly being that affects your eternal destination, I think it would be more like devoting your life to the dark arts as opposed to the light, or building on your less desirable traits to move forward in the world.

After all, they say it's the worst people that get ahead in life.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join