It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it's possible to "sell your soul" to the Devil?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is worth a watch.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yeah it can happen to you and before you know it you fall for it.Corruption,scandals,arrogance,hatred,jealousy.Look how crazy the dictators in the muslim uprising have been to unarmed people.Power corrupting them and making them believe they rule the world.Have to be careful.I think that is the devils power or evil forces taking you over IMO.I think it is a real force that we cannot see.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
However it also has to do with your upbringing of your seeds and history and where you came from as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You can't sell something that doesn't belong to you. That said you can "sell out" your soul, albeit temporarily. Lucifer is the light bringer. He represents the knowledge of this "material" world. He is also part of creation. He is not against the creator for he is a part of him. He is necessary in this system.

Think about this. Bad things happen not because the Creator doesn't care, or Lucifer hates us. But it's what comes with free will. So you can choose. To choose, you need to have something to choose from. If everything was paradise you wouldn't have choice. The soul would not feel the need to improve, to advance. "Those who know not, care not."

Now are you someone who lives for financial advancement? You sold out your soul. Money is a man-made invention.
Are you willing to kill your fellow human being in the name of your nation? You sold out your soul. Nations are man-made inventions.
Do you believe that life is about how much material stuff you can accumulate? You sold out your soul.

Stop trying to blame all evil on something outside of yourself. Take responsibility. The devil is not at fault for the conditions in the world. We are. We gave away our power. We sold our creative energy for a weekly paycheck.
But all that is okay. It is just what your Spirit or Soul wanted to experience in this moment of time. You'll be back to try again.

Once you "die" and you awaken from the "dream" you will realize. That there is NO hell, NO vengeful, punishing God. NO death. No devil.

This is my opinion, my reality. So of course could be different than your reality.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

i think this is another example of how people put great belief into things that began as fables and stories long ago. one similar thing is people will sometimes reference a 'level of hell' as if it was factual, forgetting the concept of levels of hell as most people know it had come from Dante's Inferno, the first part of Dante Alighieri's epic poem Divine Comedy.

a few years ago i saw people listing their souls for sale on eBay, and there were those willing to bid. this tells me there are people who believe in the concept of selling and buying one's 'soul'.

alluding to the mindset "only thinking makes it so", if a person believes they have indeed sold their soul and have received and accepted payment in kind, a transaction has taken place.

if we asked a person of Science or Medicine to show us this soul or to extract it using surgical techniques the empty jar would remain empty.

I don't think one actually sells their soul to the devil. I think it is more a metaphor, a use of poetic license, in which a person who has displayed a high degree of proficiency in skill & mastery of a particular talent might be self-described or described by others.

as for the fellow at the party, i hope he wakes up. i use to run with a crowd that lived to party, none of us ever expected to see 19. somehow the years ticked by, those i used to know long ago are who knows where and unwelcome in my home if they did show up. i could have done so much more with my life if i got help a long time ago. beating the bottle was difficult. i didn't fry all my brain and i did have fun. but sometimes i wonder who and what i would have been if i went a different route.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Not so much sell it the devil, but its a good metaphor for going against your morals or better judgement for selfish gain. Your soul being your moral conscience, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Well I can only say this - my father is what his employees refer to as the living incarnation of satan and I asked him and he told me he would actually purchase your soul for a small sum.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When are people going to realize that the 'devil' is a Christian deity?

'Evil' is as subjective a term as 'tasty.'

Having said that, I would say you can make selfish decisions that turn your life into hell on earth.

Look at the lives of the super famous.

They live in an echo chamber, where everyone around them tells them what they want to hear.

In those cases, more often than not, their lives pretty much tank.

It is that old adage 'Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.'

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
i found this site

You will need a cold room that has not received sunlight for three days, and you'll need a parchment of plain paper that also has been in total darkness for three days.

SELL IT!

I personally don't believe in the devil. But if i could sell my soul I would for immortality that way i wouldn't need to go to hell after

Had you read on from that line you'd see the author of that site was joking when he wrote the top two-three paragraphs stating that this is the kind of stuff that you find in movies and that Christians want to believe..

from your same source:

The person who asks "How do I sell my soul" is most likely new to the Satanism - and probably new to science, new to critical thinking, new to adulthood, and generally just newy. They are most likely asking this question to the first Satanist that they have encountered. Satanism does not, however, recognize Satan as an existent being.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yep.

I sold it a few years back before the bubble burst and that bastard defaulted on the loan.

Then the bank took it over, and its been in limbo ever since.

Damn banksters and their economic crisis......

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

You hear about famous people doing it all the time!

Bob Dylan and other Artists admit selling their souls!..pay attention!

Kate Perry sold her soul!Notice the song I kissed a girl pushes homosexuality?Not to say there's anything wrong with homosexuals,I just don't think it's right to push it on people..kids especially!They shouldn't even be thinking about sex till they get older!But yet they love pushing it on people!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

If I was ever to sell my soul to devil I think I'd want to immportal(vampire
) other than that, I have no idea.

Maybe the OP could try it out and come back with the results

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
www.wewantyoursoul.com

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It is my personal belief that there is a completely other world going on on 'the other' side. A world that has, and can be connected with this world. Today we live in a world of science and rational thinking and have we lost the knowledge of how this other world operates.

The world of magic doesn't belong only to the fairytale books and the witches in them but it appears that many world famous and respected persons have been bussy with this other 'science'. and world. The rituals performed by freemasons or the quest for occult knowledge by Himler and the reporting to his master Adolf.

There are rumours that ssome of the elite of the world we live in today, which are well educated people, is also using the occult knowledge to 'improve' their lives. (Hint: Have you ever heard the words chanted...YES WE CAN?
:cool

Are there other or should I say more laws of physics? Are these other laws censored and kept from the people? I think that part of that is true.

Did you watch this interview with Bob Dylan?.....

Look at his face...It seems to me that Bob is absolutely not joking in this interview.

To answer your question....yes, it is possible to sell your soul to the devil. How.....I have no clue...

But I am sure some high-up people know where to go and how to do it. If it is the devil you make a deal with, I doubt. I suspect the deal will be made with an entity that is willing to help you forward with your wishes but will demand something in return for his 'troubles".

edit on 27-6-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2011 by zatara because: Had to add and substract some stuff

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hi Monts

Do you think it is possible for your left hand to sell the rest of your body to... umm... the postman?

I apologise if I sound facetious, I am actually being serious.

Your soul is not a commodity that you can trade. You don't "own" your soul. If anything it works the other way. You are an expression of your soul. So there is no way for you to sell that which is far greater than you.

Maybe you can choose to believe you sold your soul to the devil and have all kinds of interesting experiences as a result of that illusion. You might feel more powerful. You might open yourself to attracting more wealth. You might be willing to behave in more self-centred or even "evil" ways. But that is all just you enacting your freedom of choice. Your soul was never negotiated by you.

My 2c. Which you may spend whichever way you like. :-)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Don't forget about Jimmy Page's involvement with the occult and Alister Crowley (he bought Crowley's haunted house). He was only a bass player with the early Yardbirds then incredibly became a top lead guitarist.

If you play "Stairway to Heaven" backwards there are references to "666' and "sweet satan". Still on you-tube.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Bah humbug!! LMFAO ...

Second line ...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There are countless reports out there of the different rituals that members of Satanic Cults partake in. Sometimes, children who are barely old enough to talk are forced to participate in ritual sacrifices that involve the rape and cannibalization of other children. These rituals involve being indoctrinated to believe that God hates them and Satan is their savior, and they must give themselves up to be possessed by demonic entities or suffer the consequences, usually intense torture.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

No, it is not possible. None of it exists.

It's fairy tale fodder.

I need neither the promise of a reward nor the threat of punishment in some fairytale afterlife, to make me act as a morally responsible human being.
edit on 27-6-2011 by sinesolis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
No the devil is not even real..
I've invited demons to posses me, devil to buy my soul etc, out loud etc many times just for fun because I know its not real, and nothing ever happens at all. Try it, its a good way to get over your silly superstitions and fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join