It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think it's possible to "sell your soul" to the Devil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
There is no such thing as the devil, so no, it is not possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Hi all,

Just a question I have been thinking about for a few days now... thanks to a comment someone made to me at a party.

I didn't really know anybody at the party- I was there with my girlfriend, and they were all her friends and their friends. Towards the end of the party, I found myself chilling down in the basement of the house talking with this guy I had been hangin around with for the most part of the night.

I had heard him say a few times, "If I live and make it to 30 years old, something's gone wrong or I've done something wrong", although I just assumed this to be a joke in reference to his care-free-party-spirit. As I was sitting in the basement with him (while the rest of the people were checking up on someone in the bathroom), he looked at me straight in the eyes, and said in a somewhat casual tone,

"You know Monts, I sold my soul to the Devil."

I kind of giggled and laughed, assuming it was a joke.

"No man, it's true, I actually did."

I kind of stopped giggling when I realized he was still staring at me, and seemed to be serious about his claim.

"Okay," I said, "So how do you go about selling your soul to the devil?"

w"It's a complicated process," he said, "and it takes a long time and dedication too"

After this, the rest of the troop came down and the subject obviously changed to something a little less weird.

So, do you think it's possible for someone to do such a thing as "sell their soul" to someone; possibly the devil, Satan, or some malevolent spirit?

Do you think, if you are more on the skeptical side, that by somehow embracing and practicing the conceptual "dark side" of humanity, you can attain power over people, immense riches, or other materialistic things (while paying a price of course)?

edit on 26/6/1111 by Monts because: spelling/grammar

On a philosophical level i would say yes. Taking the phrase 'sell your soul to the devil' literally. i would say no. Though its an interesting concept. what would such a thing entail? Do you go to hell? What would you get out of it? Personally if i believed in a soul, i think i would have a hard time parting with such thing. But it all depends on what happens to my soul. What use does it hold to the Devil? Does he eat it? Molest it? Make it into a stylish lampshade?

Wish i knew so the decision would have more merit.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Many people sell themselves so that they can become thier ego.

Its sad, many people, are just brains, no astral being, no soul, just a thought, in a mind-matrix.

I see "them" - ego's, their true self a dark mess.
edit on 27-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

No, it is not possible, because Devil doesnt exist. Simple.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Hmmmm no! But if you go down to the crossroads, fall down on your knees, ask the lord above for mercy and try to flag a ride you too might might play guitar like the "late great" Robert Johnson! lol!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
The devil uses him to turn teens into drunked retards. Not saying partying is bad but you know exactly what im saying.

Saying partying is bad is exactly what you're saying...

Unless you love Satan apparently!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
on ATMs soon

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
8mile is all about how Eminem gave his sole up.

Sold his shoe sole too?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
There is no such thing as the devil, so no, it is not possible.

My 1st wife had a 3rd nipple. That crap in the bible about women with a 3rd nipple, that's the suckle of Satan....

It's true. She was evil.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I once slepted with a Tesco checkout bird from reading whilst in Bangkok and she had only one breast (nice one mind). So I was kinda empty handed (true story) but you cant give, share or sell what you dont have! Basic!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Probably is, but most people who do it probably don't believe in God or the devil while doing it. I don't think anyone's stupid enough to go to hell on purpose.
edit on 27-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I don't know... how cool was that party? That should tell you something right there.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
of course it's possible, just look at Ozzy, he had to have sold his soul like he said he did. No one can go that long,and do that much to themselves with out dying, and think also, his voice, (his singing voice that is) has never changed in his music.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
A person cannot "sell" something that they freely give away!

To allow a Demon into your being one simply lies! From that small white lie the "untruth" takes hold and begins to accumulate. Layer by layer each lie enforces the next until suddenly the person is a Sociopath and cannot control themselves.

Actors are liars. Politicians are liars. It is all so easy to lie about what and who we are; our dominion over the meek seems to perpetuate the lie into a greater and greater force. Soon there is no semblance of what once was of the person as they have consumed themselves in their lies.

When they die there is nothing True of their nature and so they are cast into the lake of fire to spend an eternity because that is where the demon must return, as you have now discovered soon enough, you are the Demon!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If I can sell my soul to the devil, is it then possible to sell my soul to god?
What usually means I give up all the wrong nice pleasures in this life to gain acces for my immortal life to god's playground. And what happens if I dont sell my soul to anyone but just keep it to myself...?!
Which I'm doing right now...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Of course your friend has sold his soul to the devil or whoever and so as everyone else on this planet

The churches and charities are worth billions,

Yet people are starving, But thats OK because God will forgive us.

We feel sorry for people that are worse off than us, but what good will that do.?

We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Never mind just go out and enjoy yourselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

No. It's quite impossible for a number of reasons. First the soul is nothing really to do with, nor is it subordinate to, the human personality and, contrary to popular belief, is not "in" the body but only attached to it. The realm in which the souls is native to is much, much higher in the spirit world than any evil force can penetrate and there it will stay no matter what the personality wants. Second there ain't any Satan. There are only fearful people who don't know any better (preachers).

edit on 27-6-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If you knock on the Devil's door long enough eventually he'll open it.
Anyway... you can't sell your soul, it doesn't belong to you.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I wonder...can you sell your soul for anything?

what if your negotiate a contract that says "I offer my soul in exchange for all previous souls sold into hell are set free to enter heaven"...

-ponders-

Well now..that is totally altruistic! I think if you did that, Satan would go up in smoke himself. Good thought.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

You should ask him more questions.

After this, the rest of the troop came down and the subject obviously changed to something a little less weird.

It is not easy for me to accept this story . ( not possible )

You should insist on getting more info from him and then inform us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join