It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does California food have radiation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have not been keeping up with the latest on fukashima, I know that its still releasing radiation and will do so for at least a year. I am worried because the air current from Japan flows right into California. I went to my local grocery store and was surprised to see A TON of organic food, it all came from California and it was INSANELY cheap. It looked like very good produce. This store does not carry much organic products. I thought it was weird that they had so much of it and it was so cheap. They brought it all the way from California yet the prices are low. I a couple months after the melt down reports wear coming out of radiation in milk. Does any one know why its so cheap?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Knowing your and my bad luck it's probably radiated. It's this cheap ? There is a major hole

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

The food that you may wish to be concerned about are dairy and meat products. While plants will collect radiation, animals will collect all of the radiation from all of the plants that they consumed. Forget those "happy cow" commercials.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

The food that you may wish to be concerned about are dairy and meat products. While plants will collect radiation, animals will collect all of the radiation from all of the plants that they consumed. Forget those "happy cow" commercials.

I like your pic. Jimmy page and his deamon

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Stay on topic dammit! haha
Thanks
Jimmi had to have had The Devil Playing on that second neck to pull off some of the stuff he played.
Sabbath rocks too. I would have thought that Ozzy had a demon, but he's a Born-Again Christian.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Amen to that, Jimmy played his ass off! But I think some of it might be radiated, the meat and dairy but plants have been known to soak in anything but I'd still be careful.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Stay on topic dammit! haha
Thanks
Jimmi had to have had The Devil Playing on that second neck to pull off some of the stuff he played.
Sabbath rocks too. I would have thought that Ozzy had a demon, but he's a Born-Again Christian.

Born again hahahaha. Some how he is still alive and on MTV and he is "born again" haha.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yes, I heard that radiation levels in California are elevated. Although the federal government said there is no need to monitor the levels because they (supposedly) are not enough be a threat to our health, there are private labs that have continued to monitor the radiation and have found levels to be much higher than the feds are saying. It's been found in milk, water supply and produce in Calif, Wash, Oregon. Vegetables that absorb the most radiation are broad leaf greens such as spinach. I hear the strawberries have it too. Interestingly, I read that there are certain foods you can eat to help speed up the body's process of getting rid of radiation. Cilantro was on the list as one of the best herbs to support detoxification. I'll have to search for the article and post later because I don't have it handy at the moment.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I have noticed that produce from california is
really cheap right now.I am afraid to buy any
of it because of radiation fears.
I will have to wait until local stuff becomes available.
I want to can as much as I can

top topics

join