It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Rebel Uprising in Libya Approaching Endgame?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

BBC is reporting that rebels are engaging Government forces in fierce fighting just outside Tripoli. High casualties reported amongst Government forces.

Is this an all out offensive on the capital by the rebels? Either way, it will probably make or break them.

I think we'll see some sort of endgame this week in Libya, if this attack continues.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
www.bbc.co.uk...

BBC is reporting that rebels are engaging Government forces in fierce fighting just outside Tripoli. High casualties reported amongst Government forces.

Is this an all out offensive on the capital by the rebels? Either way, it will probably make or break them.

I think we'll see some sort of endgame this week in Libya, if this attack continues.

I dont think there will be an endgane yet this week in libya if anything the rebels aren't rebels but outside terrorists
since they are hiding in the rugged mountains, using terrorist tactics.

Oh by the way on your link BBC gave away the location of the rebels, Nafusa Mountains is the only thing near outside Tripoli.
East Libyan Rebel Mountain Base
edit on 26-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I am sure in same situation you would bravely go forward to meet superiorly trained and equiped army, mr. Agent_USA_Supporter
It woud probably be a very short manifestation of currage though

It was quite the majestic effort from the rebels side to transform themselves from 'guys from the neighbourhood' to a fighting force they seem to be now.

It seems people screaming for freedom are getting help from most unexpected places, like NATO and such...

People should not be left for themselves to be slaughtered by oppresive regimes and the ones helping the people should not walk alone.

Anyway, I do hope this war in Libya will come to an end as soon as possible, because many have already lost lives in it and many more are in depserate need of humanitarian assistance.
edit on 27-6-2011 by ISeeThroughYou because: typo

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Lets hope Gaddaffi can put that info to good use and quell the threat of all those CIA operatives mixed amongst our very own spec ops.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Lets hope Gaddaffi can put that info to good use and quell the threat of all those CIA operatives mixed amongst our very own spec ops.

www.panorama.am...

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi addressed his nation in a televised show giving promises NATO forces will be defeated in the war, “Reuters” news agency reports. According to the source, Gaddafi said: “Libyan people are decisive to win the traitors, even if they apply nuclear weapon. The Alliance will be defeated.”

Well, if he can win against 'nuclear weapon' this should be very easy for him to exploit

new topics

top topics

join