It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you don't know about Gaddaffi

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Gaddaffi and Libya are good as dead.

Question is....which country is next?

China, Russia, or the US?

The Globalists could abandon America overnight and continue operations from China to continue their global conquest.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Lybia Media War- How much of what you know is actually the truth?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Syria and Libya has oil and Libya has an underground water supply !

the infrastructures need replacing .... hence the military destruction.

the Agriculture Cartel has plans for Libyian irrigation farming in the desert.

Libya Water Project

I think that Colonel QaDAFFY-Duck is already in retirement.

all we are seeing is old footage and "double" vision.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
There’s been plenty of propaganda and media hype surrounding Libya and Gaddafi but it serves no purpose to go wholesale in the opposite direction and paint Gaddafi as a saint.

He is a dictator, he has sponsored terrorism and he has been responsible for a litany of serious human rights abuses.

Below is Amnesty International’s page on Libya which, if you trawl through it, details cases ranging from the torture and execution of political rivals to mass disappearances and prison massacres.

www.amnesty.org...

It is also illegal, and punishable by death, as per Article 3 of Law 71 to join, form or associate with any group that opposes the ideology of the 1969 revolution.

www.hrw.org...

Would you like this man as your leader, with no prospect of ever removing him?

Bear in mind that Amnesty and HRW have both been critical of the western media and has rubbished such claims as the use of mass rapes.

Gaddafi is not a kind and benevolent leader.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by youwouldknow
I still dont understand what is exactly going on over there. People are trying to oust gaddafi because he is "corrupt"?

It is not because he is corrupt, infact he is the one who initialized the plan to give oil money back to the people, which is why the people don't need to work anymore, a lot of them study in America and Canada and they get their fees paid for. They got free education, Libya has one of the most intensive anti-corruption agency in the whole of Africa, there is a reason why NATO bombed the anti-corruption agency headquarters in Tripoli.

This is about the dollar, US is trying to save it, Libya was trying to start trade with a Golden Currency, many countries around the world was in the plan, they wanted this to happen, to move away from the dollar and be less attached to US.

China refused in 2010, China wanted to keep the dollar as reserve, which is why they didn't veto the attack.

Qaddafi did a lot for Libya, the independent banking system, away from world bankster cartel was also helping Libya. Also the man-made river which ended water shortages completely, it would have continued that way for thousands of years, but some claim they want to privatize it.

People didn't want to topple him, people wanted more political freedom, Qaddafi wasn't against reforms, he accepted it, but CIA stooges who were trained for decades to topple the Libyan regime started attacking police and Army compounds to get weapons, some already had weapons, shooting pro-Qaddafi protesters, and started killing Black Libyans, Torturing and Raping their wives, started hanging them in public etc. That is why Qaddafi said they were on drugs, why would you act in such an insane manner.

The Western media including Al-Jazeera didn't report any of those atrocities committed by CIA pawns, instead aimed at Qaddafi, spreading false Mercenary claims, spreading false bombing of protesters claims, spreading completely out of context, and complete fabricated shooting of protesters, then blaming the regime.

One video showed pro-Libyan regime demonstrators being shot at, and the media twisted and cut the video in half just to claim that it was actually anti-government protester being shot at by Libyan security.

Long Live Qaddafi

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

It is not because he is corrupt

It’s a dictatorship where it is explicitly illegal to oppose the government, how is that anything but corrupt?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

does this suggest "Media False Flags" ?

who would think that Mossad/CIA/MI5 could do such a thing !

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Some claim US is a dictatorship. In Al-Jazeera opinion section, an article is published by Ted Rall, he talks about who might be the next US president, the elections. The most liked comment under the article makes a mockery of the US political system, most people knows it is a joke now, that's why the comment got the most "likes".

Dictatorship doesn't mean corrupt, that's like saying Democracy means corrupt, holds no value at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Anyone who is confident of how "nice" Gaddafi is then come to Scotland and express your opinion anywhere of your choice. Make sure you book a single ticket though because you'll not get out alive!

As for the rest of Britain choose to promote the very same twisted propoganda in any location where the IRA blew people up and you will get the same response.

Why? Hmmm let me think Gaddafi is facist dictator who not only oppressed his own people but supported terrorism such as the Panam bombing and provided the IRA with arms and funding.

Not even the flagrant ignorance of world politics expressed by most US citizens is an excuse here because of that US PanAm plane.

Obama worse than Gaddafi has been expressed here!. That's just plain sick irrespective of your political allegience and a sad reflection on how twisted to the truth some people can become.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Gaddafi is a dictator who's policies go against the freedom and liberty of the individual.

His big social projects might be eye catching, but he's a tyrant who should receive no more admiration than Kim Jon Il, Sadam or Stalin.

Do the rebel forces comprise an uncomfortable number of Islamist nutcases who also hate individual freedoms? Yes. Until people unite under the banner of liberty and freedom and not democracy or some other vague system of arranging collective coercion, Libya will be no better should a revolution succeed.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

It is not because he is corrupt

It’s a dictatorship where it is explicitly illegal to oppose the government, how is that anything but corrupt?

Sounds like the direction of another country that I happen to live in.

edit on 6/27/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

I will actively support Gaddaffi over here in my home of England, unfortunately i wouldnt want to come to Scotland as i have never been there and with any luck, it will stay that way !

As for all your comments on 'supporting terrorism' what do you have to say about the secret services of the US and the UK, supporting and funding/training terrorists and islamic militants ?

These libyan 'rebels' are actively going through any towns they 'conquer' & are purging them off Blacks, killing them all, Sounds like Genocide to me, but hey, you say Gaddaffi is a Brutal dictator, So thats where all our £££ and support has been going to these Libyan Rebels, to oust all the blacks, Well maybe if thats the agenda, they should start doing it on the streets of England, so the population can really see who were supporting ?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Some claim US is a dictatorship.

Does that make Libya any less of a dictatorship where opposition to the government is routinely quashed and legally punishable by death?

If not then I don’t see the relevance; whatever the reasons for the NATO intervention Gaddafi is not the good man the OP video seems to wish to portray.

Dictatorship doesn't mean corrupt

I would very much say that it does, the words may not be synonyms but I can’t see any real world dictatorship without corruption; meaning the abuse of power for one’s own gain.

The Libyan government does not have any mandate from the people, it exists because it took power by force and uses its position to put down dissent; that is corrupt.

Would you accept a situation like in Libya, where you had no means of removing your leader from power, where opposition to the government was illegal, where the media was not free criticise the government, where political opponents just disappeared?

I’m not defending the media hype or bias concerning Libya but this whole “long live Gaddafi” stuff is just as bad.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

Sounds like the direction of another country that I happen to live in.

But it’s not though is it, as much as you dislike your government you can say what you like about it, you can join opposition groups, political parties etc. That is not the case in Libya; you have it made compared to those in Libya.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Does that make Libya any less of a dictatorship where opposition to the government is routinely quashed and legally punishable by death?

If not then I don’t see the relevance; whatever the reasons for the NATO intervention Gaddafi is not the good man the OP video seems to wish to portray.

Really, and you got that information from the same media that complete created fabricated lies to justify the war?

I would very much say that it does, the words may not be synonyms but I can’t see any real world dictatorship without corruption; meaning the abuse of power for one’s own gain.

That's your own greedy mentality which makes you think that way. Maybe you need to open your mind a little bit.

The Libyan government does not have any mandate from the people, it exists because it took power by force and uses its position to put down dissent; that is corrupt.

Really? That's corrupt? I thought corrupt meant dishonest to gain money or wealth. So how was Qaddafi dishonest? He was the leader of the revolution against the European terrorist imperialists, he came to power in the hands of the people. That is unlike US, where continuous votes are inserted in to the ballot box, but the same morons keep coming to power, with the same policy, and people are wondering what the hell is going on.

Qaddafi wasn't a dictator, he listen to hist people. US has dictators behind the politicians, those politicians who eventually come to be the president is no different than Iranian politicians who eventually end up being President. As you know Ahmadinejad is not running the show, and as we all know Obama is not running the show.

So who is corrupt? US government or Qaddafi? dihonesty to gain money or wealth, the US government is obviously dishonest, we can easily establish that, but the Ayatollah behind US Presidents are making all the money, which equates to corruption.

Would you accept a situation like in Libya, where you had no means of removing your leader from power, where opposition to the government was illegal, where the media was not free criticise the government, where political opponents just disappeared?

You are focusing on the negatives, how about talk about the positives. Compare that to your own fascist government where people are being assassinated for speech, and others have vanished for telling the truth about the government. In the other hand, millions have been imprisoned, thousands homeless, including war veterans, the major corporations who run the puppet show take all the money, even steal the money through bail out plans in the hands of their puppets, the people loose their jobs. For god sakes, Libyans didn't even have to work, 40% didn't want to work, they got their money straight in their bank accounts.

I’m not defending the media hype or bias concerning Libya but this whole “long live Gaddafi” stuff is just as bad.

Long Live Qaddafi.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Really, and you got that information from the same media that complete created fabricated lies to justify the war?

No I got that from Amnesty International and HRW which have both been critical of media reporting. I posted the links.

That's your own greedy mentality which makes you think that way. Maybe you need to open your mind a little bit.

Or maybe you need to take a look at real world examples, I can’t think of any dictatorship that hasn’t abused its power.

Really? That's corrupt? I thought corrupt meant dishonest to gain money or wealth.

Then you’d be wrong, the term has meaning far beyond what you ascribe.

However this is turning into a semantic back and forth, whether you call it corruption or not doesn’t matter since it doesn’t change the fact that it is a dictatorship that does not allow its people a say in their own governance.

Qaddafi wasn't a dictator, he listen to hist people.

That is patently not true, did you read the links I provided?

So who is corrupt? US government or Qaddafi?

Why not both? What the US is or isn’t does not change what Gaddafi is. The OP and yourself try to present and image of Gaddafi that is not true, that is my bone of contention.

You are focusing on the negatives, how about talk about the positives.

Because free healthcare does not make up for a lack of self determination; is it ok for someone to murder people so long as they sponsor a puppy?

Compare that to your own fascist government where people are being assassinated for speech, and others have vanished for telling the truth about the government.

Like who?

In the other hand, millions have been imprisoned, thousands homeless, including war veterans, the major corporations who run the puppet show take all the money, even steal the money through bail out plans in the hands of their puppets, the people loose their jobs.

Well I think you’ve put your own slant on that but I’m not denying the bad aspects of my own culture/government, I am only countering the notion that Gaddafi is a benign, peaceful leader.

For god sakes, Libyans didn't even have to work, 40% didn't want to work, they got their money straight in their bank accounts.

Do you have a source for this?

By the way, you didn’t answer my question, would you accept a situation like in Libya, where you had no means of removing your leader from power, where opposition to the government was illegal, where the media was not free criticise the government, where political opponents just disappeared?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Gadaffi did more for his country than any US president has done for America in hundreds of years. He might be a dictator but he doesn't kill as many people as the US Executive Branch. He is helping his people, US presidents suck the life out of their population. He transformed that country.

And anyhow, America is a 2 party dictatorship anyhow. You have an illusion of democracy there - which is actually worse. In Libya you had sustained growth due to one man's vision and things actually got done - unlike in democratic countries where teh ruling dictatorship argues with itself so nothing gets done (except screwing the people of course).

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

By the way, you didn’t answer my question, would you accept a situation like in Libya, where you had no means of removing your leader from power, where opposition to the government was illegal, where the media was not free criticise the government, where political opponents just disappeared?

Americans can't remove teh ruling dictatorship from power either. This was confirmed when Obama came to power on his message of CHANGE. Of courese no change, same dictatorship in power, same policies. Only difference is you still have some semblance of free speech which you can have when the people are fooled into thinking they live in a democracy. Single dictators can't have free speech as they have no via alternative. Demo-Oligarchies can have free speech as there's always an "alternative" to please the masses - but the dictatorship remains the same.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
www.youtube.com...
So is this man a mad butcher of his own people or what ? People are so quick to judge and follow the first thing they hear.

9/11 - AL QUAEDA - SADAAM HUSSAIN - This prety much sums up your quote in the brackets above. People who don't think for themselves will be led to the slaughter and my words at the beginning of this reply are evidence for all to see and prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Its just what the person on another thread posted. "Dont let you eyes fool you" you see what you wanna see.

well its just too bad, such a great man

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join