It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best way to talk to God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In my opinion is through an intimate conversation alone, not in any church or at any holy pilgrimage. The biggest con in life for me is that the churches has led us to believe that they are our portal to God.I don't care what anybody says, the religious books were written by men and all men are corruptable and thats even before translation takes its hold.

My advice is, live your life in a way of which you leave a posative influence on others lives and live in harmony with nature void of the greed that consumes us.

If you do that then God will love you for eternity.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

i do so since i have 8 years old

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
In my opinion is through an intimate conversation alone, not in any church or at any holy pilgrimage. The biggest con in life for me is that the churches has led us to believe that they are our portal to God.I don't care what anybody says, the religious books were written by men and all men are corruptable and thats even before translation takes its hold.

My advice is, live your life in a way of which you leave a posative influence on others lives and live in harmony with nature void of the greed that consumes us.

If you do that then God will love you for eternity.

To me the best way to talk to God is through communion at Church. You can't get that at home.

" the religious books were written by man "

Yea inspired men. All men are corruptable, but not when inspired through grace.

I mean the idea of a God unknown is a con to me. Why would God leave man in the dark? Don't you think God would create a book, written word, the way of communication, to his creatures so they could know his life and his teachings?

An idol unkown God can lead to countless divisions and different ideas of God.

OP your idea of God is an unkown one. Think of it like this.

There is no rules or guidlines that, that idea of God is left with us.

So i can twist my mind to anything I want God to be, which is what freemasonry is. Anything is God to them, anything can be God to them.

You might say: Well my guideline is love. I don't need a book to tell me that. Sure you do. because certain people can easly say, since their God is unkown without a book or any revelation whatsoever, they can hate their foes. God would want it that way. Where is the book to say otherwise?

I don't have any written or oral confirmation of the God I believe in. So it can be twisted any which way the soul wants to.

later OP

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I went to chirch for the first time in a long time today and they spent the majority of it talking about wars in Egypt and Syria saying that the Christians were oppresed and needed people to join their cause.

What you miss is taht God does not need to be defined like you say.The bible is great and is the basis for most of our laws but if it was genuine messages for us all why not be so straight and tell it like it is? Why talk about humans like we were the first life forms on the planet?

God is almighty and great but God put us here for a reason, I am yet to find out what it is. However God did not intend for religion to create divides and war much like it has in this modern world. If everybody kept their relationship with god on a personal basis then there would be no divisions.

God is how you percieve God and as long as your life is a caring and harmonic life then that is all God will have expected of you.

There is too much scope for exploitation by man when asking somebody to believe what they tell them with blind faith which is what makes me suspicious. If God wanted us to hear a message he would tell us direct as man cannot be trusted. Even in Psalms it talks of the lying tongue.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I went to chirch for the first time in a long time today and they spent the majority of it talking about wars in Egypt and Syria saying that the Christians were oppresed and needed people to join their cause.

You'll often find members of religions preaching or promoting their religion; rather than adhering to that religion. They certainly preach Christ, they certainly try to "sell" the religion to people; but do they act Chirst-like?

What you miss is taht God does not need to be defined like you say.The bible is great and is the basis for most of our laws but if it was genuine messages for us all why not be so straight and tell it like it is? Why talk about humans like we were the first life forms on the planet?

Like yourself, many would agree that the bible provides a sound foundation for moral values; but man is writing the bible; not God. They state they were "inspired" by God, but does that mean "GOD" actually spoke the "answers" to them? I don't believe so.

God is almighty and great but God put us here for a reason, I am yet to find out what it is. However God did not intend for religion to create divides and war much like it has in this modern world. If everybody kept their relationship with god on a personal basis then there would be no divisions.

ALl the religion's can't be right, so either 1 religion is correct OR none. If we pressume that God is man made, it's easy to understand why there are so many contrasting and differring belief systems. (and thus ethical and moral values)

God is how you percieve God and as long as your life is a caring and harmonic life then that is all God will have expected of you.

Even as an atheist, i can agree with that. Live your life, be a good person, try not to be a ghastly as some of your fellow human beings.

There is too much scope for exploitation by man when asking somebody to believe what they tell them with blind faith which is what makes me suspicious. If God wanted us to hear a message he would tell us direct as man cannot be trusted. Even in Psalms it talks of the lying tongue.

I can't agree with you more here; they should stop promoting their religion; and start acting as as respectable citizens that treat believers AND non-believers with the same kindness. Maybe people will consider religion a force for good once they can stop their incessant prosthelytization.

I don't think a belief in God requires you to perform rituals; or build churches; or sacrifice animals or people. I think you should act like a good person and be as kind as possible; what merciful God would not except you with open-arms?

Peace, friend. You and i share many concerns.
edit on 26-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
OP

"God is how you percieve God and as long as your life is a caring and harmonic life then that is all God will have expected of you"

It's so much more deeper than that. Your idea of God is still unknown. We are still in the dark. he didn't leave us any written word, any stories, just silence. I don't think god would do that.

And there are no rules. Abortion is fine, as long as the mother thinks it's a loving decision. Having sex with married people ruining marriage is fine, why? because I believe her husband is a bad guy by the look on his face. So by me sleeping around as much as possible, hech I'm loving them while I sleep with them, so it coincides with God, (my idea) of God.

It's not gonna work man.

A true parents leaves rules and guidlines.

peace OP.

edit on 26-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruthh

You wrote:

["" the religious books were written by man "

Yea inspired men. All men are corruptable, but not when inspired through grace."]

Says who?

Quote: [" I mean the idea of a God unknown is a con to me. Why would God leave man in the dark?"]

Because this entity pretending to be a 'god' really isn't one, but is a demon *. And the ability of demons to make miracles, e.g. have telepathic communication with people is greatly exaggerated. They can only make some primitive stunts in that direction.

Quote: [" Don't you think God would create a book, written word, the way of communication, to his creatures so they could know his life and his teachings?"]

Kind of round-about way. Speaking directly to everybody would be rather convincing.

And there are MANY manuals from different religions making the same claim.

Quote: ["An idol unkown God can lead to countless divisions and different ideas of God."]

That is actually the case now, because the christian manual 'speaks' to people in different ways. There are many claiming to be 'true' christians, knowing how to listen the 'correct' way. And they all quibble with each other.

Quote: ["You might say: Well my guideline is love. I don't need a book to tell me that. Sure you do. because certain people can easly say, since their God is unkown without a book or any revelation whatsoever, they can hate their foes. God would want it that way. Where is the book to say otherwise?"]

Just as there are many holy manuals, there are many different versions of 'bhakti' practise. It doesn't favour any specific religion.

*Considered from a religionist perspective. If there are 'gods' and 'demons' objectively is something else.

edit on 27-6-2011 by bogomil because: clarification and spelling

new topics

join