It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I don't get is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
why almost every account of an Alien being always seems to relate to two eyes, one mouth, 2 legs and 2 arms with hands of around our height. Surely given the bio-diversity of this planet alone that it would be highly unlikely that an Alien race would resemble our evolution. There is always the possibility that they planted DNA here of which we evolved but again if so I find it hard to believe that they would not show more open interest to us than we see now.

Simple questions like these just do not add up for me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Some reports claim alot are not humanoid but disguise themselves to not shock us so much.

I agree that if they were involved in our evolution why not be more visable or leave more evidence.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
That's certainly an interesting question, but consider the remarkable similarities between highly divergent species on earth. Even dinosaurs had arms, legs, faces, hearts, brains, and bones that were similar in a general way to our own. You could probably even fit many of them into shirts and pants made for people... Given that we can at least imagine far stranger anatomical configurations, this is somewhat surprising. Perhaps evolution tends towards certain fairly specific solutions to the problems of general body design.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Yrd I understand your point but evolution is dependant on enviroment and as it seems that every planet is different then what are the chances of there being conditions for life to flourish in exactly the same enviroment in order to evolve the way humans have else where in the universe. For example penguins originally had wings to fly away from preadators but when they got disconnected with the world in Antarctica, no more predators were around so evolution removed their ability to fly.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

Hmmm.... Aliens ? In disguise ? WTF?

edit on 26-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Consider (if you believe in god as do some folks) that like god, they have a hands-off policy. The exact same old "free will" argument that has been knocked around in discussions of religions for a couple of centuries.

If it is good enough for religions, it is good enough to explain the actions/inactions of ETs. Even more so if you want to credit them with engineering us.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The bipedal form is more adept for building spaceships

And then there is Troodon Sapiens

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
You could probably even fit many of them into shirts and pants made for people...

Hmmmm

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff35b1eee50b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 26-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Then again, the diversity with which they do appear--albeit mostly in humanoid form--could suggest that "they" might have the ability to either change form at will or they are able to influence our mind to "create" various forms from the stuff in our subconscious and therefore the humanoid forms are most likely.

The more I look at it, the more the Interdimensional Hypothesis makes sense as it has explanatory power for so many elements of the phenomena. But we shall see said the blindman.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by OnceReturned

Yrd I understand your point but evolution is dependant on enviroment and as it seems that every planet is different then what are the chances of there being conditions for life to flourish in exactly the same enviroment in order to evolve the way humans have else where in the universe. For example penguins originally had wings to fly away from preadators but when they got disconnected with the world in Antarctica, no more predators were around so evolution removed their ability to fly.

True, but it may be the case that complex life is most likely to develope in environmental conditions similar to Earth, a narrow range of conditions with similar determining factors. Also, consider that cells all follow a generally similar design and exist in a tremendously wide range of conditions on Earth. Cells residing in the human brain, free in pond scum, or at hydrothermal vents all have DNA, a nucleus, a cell membrane, and share several biochemical mechanisms that are similar in a general way. These cells exist at extremely varied temperatures and pressures, and have very different functions, but are recognizable as instances of the same basic type of entity. Additionally, "life" may only be recognizable to us if it comes in a familiar form.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
why almost every account of an Alien being always seems to relate to two eyes, one mouth, 2 legs and 2 arms with hands of around our height. Surely given the bio-diversity of this planet alone that it would be highly unlikely that an Alien race would resemble our evolution. There is always the possibility that they planted DNA here of which we evolved but again if so I find it hard to believe that they would not show more open interest to us than we see now.

Simple questions like these just do not add up for me.

The ones we are aware of are bipedal. It makes sense, two arms, legs, eyes, ears, etc, but there are all types and kind of life out there, intelligent and not so much

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would imagine if humans were born without arms or fingers we'd still be licking ants out of joo joo trees in the amazon jungle.

Id say a being needs certain physical traits in order to develop the world around them and the technology within it.

While I am the first to say we can't even fathom the various life that must be out in the universe, it doesn't surprise me that those visiting us have arms legs and opposable thumbs. If they are indeed visiting us.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Bilateral symmetry is an evolutionary development which can be seen in almost all vertebrates. It is a good thing, for obvious reasons. It makes life quicker, more agile, more mobile. Two evenly spaced eyes give life superior stereoscopic vision. There are myriad benefits to bilateral symmetry, so why wouldn't most life devolop this way? It's an evolutionary boo-yah.

As for why so many aliens look humanoid... Well, that's just because so many of the accounts of aliens are hoaxes dreamed up by humans.

However, based on what I have read of the first five books of the Old Testament, I have reason to believe that it is a scientifically-minded document disguised in allegory. It is concerned, primarily, with controlling human development. It is mostly a breeding manual, and an effective one at that.

Now why would God give humans a breeding manual? One from which they could not deviate, even on pain of death by stoning? God is, in the true sense of the word, an extraterrestrial. Actually, a group of extraterrestrials, who said "Let us make man in our own image..." And, through genetic intervention, it was done. And, through thousands of years of careful breeding as outlined in the Torah and other religious books, we have been developedl.

And the key idea to remember is, the group of extraterrestrials known as "God," said "Let us make man in our own image..." Meaning that whichever aliens created and have been developing us, look like us too. And if they look like us, why not other races as well?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Edit: Awww snap. Didn't see that this was a month old. Necrobump!

Originally posted by shutdownormeltdown
And the key idea to remember is, the group of extraterrestrials known as "God," said "Let us make man in our own image..." Meaning that whichever aliens created and have been developing us, look like us too. And if they look like us, why not other races as well?

Whilst I disagree with your idea of just who/what God is, I am glad I'm not the only one that took the leap of the appearance of other races.

That said, my question to you, if choosing to create us in their own image was an actual choice, requiring conscious effort during the process, then could not the same being/beings that made this choice also choose to make a race NOT in their image? I mean, why limit yourself to just the one form?

Though, it's more a rhetorical question, or a question to instill thought. Though I get the impression you've thought down that path before.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Vaykun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Just think of all the creatures on earth that share the same things you described. What's the difference?

new topics

top topics

join