It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bush-Kerry Debates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I, for one, cannot wait to see the debates between John Kerry and George W. Bush. Bush can't even complete a sentence correctly let alone argue a point past gettin' them evildoers. John Kerry is a skilled debater. I have this little feeling Kerry's gonna make Dubya look so dumb they'll call off any other debates due to, oh I don't know, a terrst threat, perhaps.

They got Dubya doped up on meds right now to keep him from blowin' his fuse. What's he gonna do on the dais when he can't answer Kerry? Storm off?
It's gonna be a doozy.

What do you think ATS?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Al Gore thought he'd be able to wipe out G.W. in the debates,
but it was Gore that came off looking like a liar and an idiot.

Gore knew that usually the taller person wins the presidential
election so he made a point of going over to G.W.'s side of the
stage and standing right next to him while G.W. answered
questions - which was against the rules.

(Al Gore said - 'I surveyed the flood damage in texas' - when he
really flew over in an airplane at 35,000 feet on his way somewhere
and probably didn't even realize there had been a flood)

Pathetic.

I too look forward to the debates. I'm sure G.W. will be
itching to bring up Kerry's 20 year senate record. Something that
Kerry has been hiding. I can't wait for it to be brought
out to the forefront of the election discussions. I CAN'T WAIT!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think Kerry is a better speaker than Bush although he seems to keep changing his mind on certain issues. Bush on the other hand is horrible public speaker. It will be really interesting see the debates between these two.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Algore had no personality; and the media bears responsibility for lying about things he said repeatedly. Once again brainwashing those willing to believe the worst about him. Me included. I should never have voted for Shrubya. Gore was clearly (in retrospect) the better man.

Gore knew that usually the taller person wins the presidential
election so he made a point of going over to G.W.'s side of the
stage and standing right next to him while G.W. answered
questions - which was against the rules.

Boo hoo. Lyndon Johnson was notorious for doing that, too. Politics is not for the short and weak.

(Al Gore said - 'I surveyed the flood damage in texas' - when he
really flew over in an airplane at 35,000 feet on his way somewhere
and probably didn't even realize there had been a flood)

Exactly what I was saying before. That was a quote (which you've taken completely out of context and butchered) in which Gore misspoke. He said he went to survey damage in a certain place with the FEMA guy (who he'd gone with on several trips). He got the particular place wrong. Not a lie. He simply made a mistake. I'm sure you've never done such a thing.

I too look forward to the debates. I'm sure G.W. will be
itching to bring up Kerry's 20 year senate record. Something that
Kerry has been hiding. I can't wait for it to be brought
out to the forefront of the election discussions. I CAN'T WAIT!

Kerry hasn't hidden his record. It's there, on the record, for all inquiring minds.
I just wonder if they're gonna have Bush wired with an ear piece so Rove can tell him what to say.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Gore killed Bush in the debates, but the media set such a low bar for Bush, he needed only to not piss his pants & they were fawning over him. It was an overall lead up to & continuance of theme: low expectations for Bush. The sad part is that he rarely hit those expectations.
It won't be a fair fight: from questiones known before hand to choice moderators to the coverage. Even still, Bush will be hard pressed to make any sort of showing.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Be sure, the corporate media will do everything in their power to make Shrubya look as good as possible.

I still think they'll have him rigged w/an earpiece. Can't you just see Rove telling him what to say?

BushCo. will probably only agree to one debate.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have to see these debates. I don't think Bush could debate his way through a Mc Donalds drive-in. If he cannot even make his own speached correctly, using the right grammer and English language, then how will he make it through this? I have no idea what the other skull and bones guy is like in a debate but he has to be better than a guy that said "They said this issue wouldn't resignate with the People. They've been proved wrong, it does resignate." ("resonate"?!)

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by FlyersFan

Algore had no personality; and the media bears responsibility for lying about things he said repeatedly. Once again brainwashing those willing to believe the worst about him. Me included. I should never have voted for Shrubya. Gore was clearly (in retrospect) the better man.

I too am looking forward to the debates. But I wouldn't place my hopes on Kerry's charming personality to sweep over the debates either.

I do wish they allowed Badnarik to be a part of them as well!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I personally have never heard him debate, but I've hear he's killer at it.

A journalist friend of mine whose followed Kerry over the years seems to think Kerry will clean Shrubya's clock during the debates.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

I do wish they allowed Badnarik to be a part of them as well!

Don't get me started on that! I hate the way they exclude contenders. It's all part of the corporate control.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, Kerry was a prosecutor....he'll do quite well despite his supposed "dry" personality.

I just hope they allow for a free flowing debate instead of a structured one that allows Dubya to speak in quick, memorised, sound bites.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It'll be very interesting, indeed, to see how they give Shrubya the 'ol helping hand. Any ideas on how they'll go about it?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It would be quit humorous if some one from the democrats got hold of the frequency of Bu# earpiece LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I agree. I think the debates are going to be hilarious at the very least. Im not a fan of either candidate, but I cant wait to see Kerry wipe the floor with Bush's brain. I think Kerry will remain calm and collected througout the debate and present good information, whereas I believe that Bush is going to have an uphill struggle to overcome his lack of speaking and debating skills

PS- When is the debate going to be on? I'm still not sure!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow, the debates haven't even happend and already you guys are bashing him. How about we let them have the debates first before we make judgements? I don't mind the "I think Kerry will do better" remarks. Quite frankly, I think he will come acoss better as well. Of course, being good at a debate isn't the defining character of The President.

BTW, how exactly did Gore kill Bush in the original debates? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I still don't know how the debates are gonna settle anything, except at how similiar each of these guys viewpoints are.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
First of all, for Bush, they'll keep it in the softball arena. No hardball. That would just be unaccaptable (to Rove). Secondly, I'm thinkin they'll either keep Bush at the ranch down in Crawford for awhile brainwashing him into what to say. Or, they'll hook him up to an earpiece for when he goes blank. I'm not the only one to suggest he's done this, for the record.

I think Kerry will come off looking far more presidential. Next to Bush he seems like an elder statesman.

The one thing Democrats should not do, however, is misunderestimate Bush. His natural charm, or downhome appeal is what put him over Gore in the 2000 debates. Gore came off as a total wonk. Mid-Americans' eyes glaze over when they encounter the wonk.

top topics

join