It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-Love and Spiritual versus Physical Beauty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Please, I welcome your input and thoughts

Do you love yourself? I ask this question because on one of the thread I started, “London School Economic academic's claim 'black women less attractive' triggers race row,” I got a lot of replies, which was negative about black women. Some even went as far as saying how the study showed the ugly truth that black women are unattractive, while I rejected that truth holding black women unattractive. What I replied with my thread was: This is just outrageous. As the times have changed, I've come to the conclusion that as a human being we are all one big family. It does not matter what race you are but what matters is who you are as a decent human being inside. Beauty is just another part of the physical world, whereas who we are inside is the spiritual. As a soul in a physical body, it is sad to see an individual feeling the need to degrade others to comfort their ego that they are beautiful, when beauty is deeper than the shell the soul is in.

I remember reading one person replying that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but what beauty does the eye see that makes the beholder see beautiful in the other being. Does the eye see the other being in terms of physical beauty, which focus on the way that being look on the outside that makes that being beautiful or does the eye see in terms of spiritual beauty, which focus on the way that being look on the inside that makes that being beautiful. If beauty is in the eyes of the beholder than shouldn’t what the beholder see as beautiful be beautiful then, since inner beauty often cannot be seen, but it can only be known through knowing the individual being. Unfortunately, I don’t believe that beauty can be seen by the eye of the beholder since everyone has an opinion of what is beautiful. Why do I believe that beauty can’t be seen?

The reason I say beauty can’t be seen is because I question who gets to determine what is beautiful. As far back in human history as I can remember, a being that was curvy would be seen as beautiful by society. But today, the media, society, magazine, and music videos rules that being tall & thin (not everyone) and light skin (not everyone) is what is beautiful. All this indoctrination and social condition by institutions has given citizens a false sense of beauty because if the media and majority say it enough, citizens will believe in it. The standard of beauty imposed on the citizens has not gone unheeded for what it is doing to women (not sure about men). Such standard of beauty is causing people to hate their bodies and undergo the knife. So I question the standard of beauty imposed on the populace by institutions because to me physical beauty is false and does not show who that person really is inside the heart and soul.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df262daa58c2.jpg[/atsimg]

The reason I believe that physical beauty is false is because if citizens don’t believe they are beautiful than they can simply undergo plastic surgery, cosmetics, diet pills, supplements, food diet, and exercise to slim down, etc. Even with all the resources that are available to make people beautiful. At the end of the day it still ends with whether that being will see him of her as beautiful and accept the god given body they were given. By honoring their body they are honoring themselves. Loving your body is important in loving yourself. Loving Yourself Is the Foundation In order to have loving relationships with others we must have loving relationships with ourselves. You can’t love anyone else more than you love yourself. Once you love yourself in the being, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, intuitively and of course physically, you’ll also be at peace and in harmony.

So basically, the reason I believe that spiritual beauty is more real is because as you may or may not know, the souls in this physical world has had multiple lives and been through multiple bodies. What is so real about the souls beauty is in how they are as a human being as in loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kindness, self-control, forgiveness, and gentle. It can’t be helped with the body we are born into, it can only be helped with who we become that makes us beautiful.

edit on 26-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you love what you see, then what you see is beautiful.

I've seen something so beautiful that if I looked at it for longer than I did, I could have died.
Talk about beauty.

Spiritual beauty comes from within and can be of an unimaginable magnitude.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think when someone is -truly- healthy physically annnnd mentally, they are attractive. But I have a conspiracy theory that some kind of brainwash-and-socioengineering has been underway. On my TV, you cannot escape the constant barrage of women images, and they all look the same. Very skinny and this exact same hairdo, from women in commercials, to home-shopping channels, to detective yarns, to weather meteorologists and newsgirl anchors. That one exact same hairdo, which I wouldn't sport, if it made Prince William gaze at me. Thats my taste-venting, which might not be relevent to my conspiracy. Well, these women have strong jaws and faces. There were times when I'd happen upon one shoveling in a teaspoon of yogurt or cereal, and her jaw opened like the reptilians in V, nearly. See, they always struck me as something not quite human about them. Their look is --- majority --- unnatainable, yet this is what is supposed to sell to us, but I have my remote ready to zap, everytime they appear.
Just wonderin if that sounds crazy to you all.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Think of Marty Feldman, with his crossed eyes and downright appalling looks and see how he became a movie star whom we all admired and cherished. He was awesome in Young Frankenstein and many other movies. You have to admit though, the dude was ugly to the bone.

The most physically beautiful people I have met have had the ugliest of souls, I can also say the same about the folks who were less attractive

Your appearance is not who you are. The body does not reflect the nature of the soul.

Helen Keller was blind, deaf and for all intents and purposes worthless. Read just a few of her words though and understand the nature of true greatness.

The candle may bring forth the light, but the candle is not the light.

That which an individual may bring forth is not determined by the body speaking, but by the soul which has endured the ages.

I've yet to meet anyone who could not teach me something, If only I take the time to listen.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Young Frankenstein RULES! Man, I love that movie.

www.youtube.com...

Dr. "Fronkenstein" to "I-gor (Igor): "I'm a rather brilliant surgeon. Perhaps I could help you with that hump."

I gor: "What hump?"

Igor had no idea there was anything wrong with him! Thats one good looking man, with such confidence.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Easy come, easy go.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Masonically... You take the pillar called beauty and cap it with some "corinthian" nob slob and then pass it to unsuspecting heathens who say its beautiful. Then you take a trip to Puerto Rico and learn to pronounce Corinthian as 'Corriendo-Na'... Eng. Trans.: Runnin' Nothing!
And violah... You have your beauty. When your enemies don't run the show... It beautiful. The truest beauty. Anything else will get you Black balled.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MIDNIGHTSUN

Perhaps if we all meditate on emptiness - not being subjective nor being objective - we too will be showered with beautiful flowers as Subhuti was. (Zen Flesh, Zen Bones)

new topics

top topics

join