It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know An Area 51 Worker?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sorry if this goes off topi a bit, but I'm looking for any evidence of the Presidential Determination exempting Area 51 from environmental testing that exists beyond 2003.

Did W. Bush or Obama ever sign it?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I once met a colleague who worked on the F-117 program. Lots of interesting stories that stopped short of revealing anything that he considered privilaged to his above top secret clearance. At on point I asked him if hed ever been to Area-51 and he told me that he had once. Apparently as ground crew for the F-117 he followed his aircraft around the world on military transport, wherever the mission might be. On this occcasion, his transport pilots were forced to land at Las Vegas and he boarded a Janet 737 due to the pilots' lack of clearance to fly into Area 51.

Didn't really get him to say much else about why he was there... however he did say that "Area 51 is all hype." I asked what he meant and he told me that what you can see from satellite imagery is about 25% of the installation. The rest is obviously underground, to include a several mile stretch of underground runway which exits from the mountains Im guessing on the West side of the base. Coincidently I googled underground Area 51 runways and stumbled upon this website...

Anywho, we got talking about things like aurora and the black flying triangles etc.... His comment on Aurora was that of course it exists and there were several flying versions of aircraft considered to be "Aurora." Apparently the name was coined because of the well known budget report that had a huge sum of cash going into a Black Program called Aurora. He said the name stuck within military circles after that because of the public scrutiny and speculation. Somewhat similar to the way The SR-71 got it's namesake from being mispoken by a politician, when originally it was designated the RS-71 for Reconnaisance/Surveilance.

I asked whether the giant stealth airships which people refer to as black triangles are actually some type of dirigible, and he from what he understands they are not a lighter than air craft. Apparently they use some type of silent propulsion which limits the craft to subsonic flight. They are still supposed to be able to travel at speeds similar to that of an airliner however. Their purpose? According to him the stealth airships are designed to support the next generation of stealth aircraft as mid-air refueling ships. The idea seems plausible considering that to truley project a force of stealth technology on an adversary, it would make sense that your stealth fighter jets ie F22/F35/B2/ whatever other UAVs are out there are not going to be able to link up with a KC-135 and remain stealthy...

The Phoenix Lights? Nothing more than our own stealth Airships. Better that the public thinks there are UFO's apparently.

One other interesting tidbit I gathered, was that the F22 is not only being cancelled due to budget cuts, but has already been rendered obsolete by China and Russia's Stealth fighters. In reality, the US has far greater assets on hand than the F-22, although in small inconspicious quantities.

Sorry to be long winded, but as one interested in these types of things, it was nice to hear some validation/clarification from someone who has worked in black programs.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
An old friend of mine, his dad worked at area 51. I saw him asking his dad about it one time and his dad wouldn't even reveal anything to his own son. His dad wasn't that serious about it though more humorous in telling him no. So giving the impression that what he knows is there is top secret yet not that big of a deal. Not that juicy but that's all I've got.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Im not sure how many stories on here were true or not (I don't doubt the posters on this thread heard stuff from relatives or friends) but I actually do have a family member that works out there. He's a firefighter. He served six years in the air force stationed at nellis, went to the las Vegas volunteer fire department for a little while and eventually told everybody he was hired on full time. It wasnt until I drove him to work one day (wife's mom was sick) that I realized we went to the Janet terminal. But he's a good employee. Never told me anything good except one little hint about what the numbers mean on the inside doors of the Janet planes.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Does watching an area 51 documentary count?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I live in Las Vegas and work in the software biz. I'm not sure I could agree with an earlier poster who said "If a friend worked at Area 51, they wouldn't tell you." I know two people who used to work there, and two who still do. Of course they don't say anything about their work, but it's no big secret where they work. They sometimes touch on mundane details - in vague terms - about the ins and outs of their jobs.

A lot of it is just normal, routine stuff. They spend time figuring out how to get paid for the time they spend on the flight up (tip: first put in an hour at the contractor office in Vegas before getting on the plane), how to take an extra half-hour for lunch without getting nailed, and trying to get their air conditioners fixed when they break. A couple have mentioned that the facilities/offices are old and run down, and that the cafeteria food isn't the best. Stuff like that. They also express some concern about ambient radiation from the Test Site, and have mentioned 'environmental concerns' - re, the chemical dumps that raised lawsuits a few years ago, and the exhaust fumes from propulsion/engine technologies being tested. None of this is classified, and none of them have ever actually referred to their work venue as 'Area 51'; usually it's something along the lines of 'Up North' or 'the Ranch', but they will say they work for JT3 or EG&G. They're also not allowed to take laptops, cell phones, iPods, or MP3 players with them to work, and anyone caught with a thumb drive is history, even if it's inadvertent.

To the poster who suggests that 'government agents are sent to watch them' while they're on vacation, dude you gotta get a clue, that just doesn't happen.

And now for Spore247, who I don't know will ever be back at this Forum having visited once and never again since, but everything your mother told you is almost certainly correct. You mentioned things in your post that almost no one could know if they hadn't actually worked there: for instance, calling the tests 'shots', riding the underground subway, and especially the dirty shot that locked everybody down for three days - called the 'Baneberry Shot', link here:

Oopsy

Most of this stuff has been declassified by now, but your mom probably doesn't know that. Anybody who worked there had the fear of God drilled into them, and veteran Nevada Test Site workers are reluctant to talk about anything they did to this day.

I hope you are well and finding Oahu a pleasant and peaceful place to live; I lived there for awhile and did not find it to be the paradise folks made it out to be. Best Regards to you and your mother!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bryanm61

As far as I can tell, EG&G is history. URI was keeping the name alive for a while.

The guards have laptops. I doubt the have connectivity. Given the brands used, I presume they are privately owned rather than government issued.

I was told Groom Lake had a paging system. The person paged would then use a landline. However I never found a pager in operation. I had my doubts about the story, but then I found a document about a pager at the NTS, which I never caught in operation either. Probably they don't get much use. At the NTS, you can have a cameraless Blackberry.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi,

Some people would be willing to admit that they are working for or did work for secret government projects in the pasts, but they wouldn't say it here. Afterall, these admins and many members are nothing more than snitches/weezles/narks working for government officials. ,,....

Thanks...

ATI RADEON HD 5670 – SERIES GRAPHICS CARDS FROM AMD

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Don't really know if this is relevant but There was a guy who lived in my town (Pioche, NV) and in my street infact and he used to leave the house very early every day and one day I looked out the window and watched him walk to some weird vehicle depot where they were all white trucks which had government plates and he got in one and drove to? One night something weird happened, it was about 2am and I was woken by shouting coming from the guy's house and a loud bang and then I fell asleep again. 2 minutes later I heard an engine start and tires screech the blacktop and I fell asleep again. I never saw that man again. His house didn't go up for sale or anything, it's still empty today. I never even knew his name.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join