It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babboon killed by leopard, leopard takes care of baby-babboon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

well, that's something you don't expect to see.

Mother nature will never cease to amaze me

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The minute she heard the baby born, you can tell by her eyes that she felt bad for killing the mother. How sad, but wonderful at the same time that she feels responsible to care for the baby now.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It died from the cold...

I suppose we know what was for breakfast.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I once seen the same on animal planet with a Lioness and a baby Antelope.

Amazing to see indeed, it looks like maternal instincts kick in where predatory instinct should kick in, bizarre cats.

I always learned to not play with my food though.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
www.liveleak.com...

well, that's something you don't expect to see.

Mother nature will never cease to amaze me

This is amazing, thank you very much for sharing because I never would have seen it otherwise!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is why animals win and humans.... well, we see what's going on.

Animals can exist along side one another. Have enemies. Know their place in the food chain. If a larger animal kills a smaller animal for dinner, the family of the smaller animal doesn't hold some kind of grudge and go after the larger animal- they just continue on.

In this video is the instinctual reaction of continuing. All species 'want' to continue to be, whether or not they have awareness of it. The leopard was doing what it had to do. No hard feelings either way- if it's your time, it's your time. Then as soon as the cub found the newborn she knew she had to take care of it. The cub was only a year or so old, so we can assume she has been reared by a parent (didn't do research about the kitty) and still remembers that. Or- cause she's a female, instincts turned on.

Whether or not she felt bad for the kill will never be known. I'd like to think that animals are similar to humans in their interactions with themselves. So my guess, is she felt a little bad, but as an adolescent, doesn't really understand the scope of what she did.

And... another poster was probably correct. If the baby was only a day old, it's not gonna make it long without a mama and some mama juice.

We could learn things from animals... too bad our brains (egos) are too big to accept anything from a 'lower' species.
edit on 26/6/11 by ElizaAshdene because: decided to omit a story

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Omg, that bought a few tears to my eye's. (maybe because im a mother
)
Absolutely amazing to see.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I thought it was amazing how she seemed to ponder whether the baby could manage hanging on to that tree. she seemed to worry about it, trying to pull the baby down the side once and then bracing it from behind with her paw.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm a 6'2" 200lb construction worker, and I cried.

top topics

join