It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Veteran faces legal action for flying American Flag

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpak89
who the hell do they think they are trying to tell a vietnam vet he cant raise our countries flag on his own property?? His reply to them was 100% dead on.

Well its actually pretty simple. That person agreed to certain rules when he moved in. One of them is noisy flags. They don't allow them because they annoy neighbors.

It's part of his agreement. Case Closed.

I also can't fly a 30' flagpole straight off the front of my car.

I'm sorry but pulling the vet card doesn't allow people to break the rules which, for the most part, are set to benefit all.

I may be injecting my own bias here considering that I hate the flapping sound that flags make but I'm sure some of his neighbors wouldn't want to listen to it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I feel bad for this guy, but let's be honest here: you join a homeowners association you should expect ridiculous crap to come up. I will NEVER be a part of such a craptastic organization...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That is the problem right off the bat, A Homeowner's Association that if you don't play be their rules you are in violation.

This is why you should never get hooked up with an HOA.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Let me help those of you FAILING to recognize that the HOA has NO RIGHT to impose the ban per Federal law!

The law is Public Law 109-243 passed by the 109th congress which states:

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED
STATES.
A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential
real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy,
or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of
the association from displaying the flag of the United States on
residential property within the association with respect to which such
member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive
possession or use.

The law was approved on July 24, 2006.

I live in the next township over from this individual and am also in an HOA. They are feifdoms for people who could never let go of high school student council.
Our HOA dictates everything from the color of your front door to what types of flowers you can plant and where. As a result, I am having it disbanded! I have begun a petition requesting the dissolution of the HOA along with permission to vote by proxy for all of the undersigned, since it will have to be voted on by a 70% super majority. I have over 50% of residents already signed on in less than 2 weeks. HOAs have long over-stepping their intended purpose and have outlived their usefulness in my opinion. This man should do the same!

Guess what, this only applies to private residences whereas you are the property owner and are not subjected to the terms and conditions of HOA's.

There are those that go even further by dictating who you can and cannot sell your home to, who you can and cannot have over. Implementation of restrictions dictating use of your tv, lights, external water usage, dictating that you can't work on your car, lawn ornaments.
edit on 27-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I didnt side with the man because he was vet, I sided against the petty meaningless actions of a useless organization who decided to try and stick it to ANY man who has already put up with 80 years of this type of BS!

This battle is small time for the vet who will win and get to keep his flag and fly it in the country it represents and it will still all mean nothing...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join