It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inpaint - NASA Needs This Software

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Let me preface this by saying that I am in no way connected with the software. I came across it on a website and was pretty much blown away by how well it works. I figured I'd share it here since image manipulation is of interest to many here at ATS.

We've all seen threads where someone is trying to make the case that NASA is covering up something and they've got undeniable, indisputable, fuzzy, low resolution pictures to prove it. Several times the thought crossed my mind that if this was the best that NASA, a multi-billion dollar organization, could do to obscure something why didn't more Space Shuttles blow up? It's my opinion that, if NASA wanted to airbrush out any UFOs, Alien Lunar Hotels, or Alien tourists waving at their cameras then they'd do it so well that some guy sitting at a PC in his underwear at 3:00 in the mourning wouldn't stand a chance of seeing the edit.

Then I stumble across this software that edits out objects with believable filling in and does it in only a few seconds. Plus it's only ~ 2.5 MB and is WAY cheaper that Adobe Photoshop. Technology marches at an incredible pace.

Here's the software's homepage.
www.theinpaint.com...

And their demo/tutorial videos...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This program is amazing, the crazy part is that it left the end of the glasses of the large man that was last removed.

That proves it is not some kind of hoax, anyway.

This software is incredibly strong. Great post, S+F, which I almost never do.

I'm sure that NASA had this technology long before it was on youtube, and with all the admitted faked OBL videos, I'm sure that software like this exists for video too.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Amazing technoligy. Just imagine what the govt has. I remember watching a movie and in that movie a main stream media corporation was making fake video's generated by a computer. They wear able to put objects with in the packdrop and even moving talking people. I am sure they have this technology so that they dont have to higher actors (mind control actors) and risk the truth from being told.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I think CS5 will do a better job however its great software, I dont think NASA could use it to block everything though as it would take ages to fill everything. Not to say there is actually anything there worth editing out.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hmm yeah interesting software but it's not new actually GIMP can do that since a long time with the re-synthesizer filter (a.k.a "Content Aware Fill" ) and it's free, see here: newslily.com...

Youtube video: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by themaster1

I've seen more than a few Photoshop tutorials in my life, but I never came across any of them that mentioned this tool.
I've been doing stuff like that by hand using the clone tool.

Good info, thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
reply to post by themaster1

I've seen more than a few Photoshop tutorials in my life, but I never came across any of them that mentioned this tool.
I've been doing stuff like that by hand using the clone tool.

Good info, thanks.

Do you have Photoshop CS5? It is not on previous versions but on CS5 you can hit Edit > Fill, then under content you will see content aware.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yeah it's definitely an automated action using content aware. Content aware scaling was in CS4 as well. There's a myriad of Photoshop actions you can either download for free or buy, for more sophisticated speed tools for the lazy, (not that that's necessarily a bad thing). You generally have to do some spot touching up.

BTW they showed a bad example on their home page. And as always tutorials do pick easy to work with originals. But why would you want to get rid of that...never mind.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Interesting how the resulting image ended up with some repeated trees that makes it fairly obvious that the image was manipulated.

The repeated image is making me think about another picture I saw a while ago. I'm pretty sure it was on ATS, but unfortunately I can't remember much about it. I'm not even sure whether it was taken on a Planet or a moon.

Maybe it'll come to me later...

top topics

join