It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two bombs found at Denver area shopping mall, FBI says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Two bombs found at Denver area shopping mall, FBI says

www.reuters.com

DENVER | Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:34pm EDT
(Reuters) - Two bombs were found inside a Borders Bookstore in a suburban Denver shopping mall overnight, the FBI said on Saturday.

Police were summoned to the Colorado Mills Mall in Lakewood early on Saturday after a store alarm sounded, the FBI said in a news release.

Police discovered evidence of forced entry and found two explosive devices.

The Jefferson County Bomb Squad responded to the scene, but the FBI did not say if the devices detonated.

"No injuries were reported and no threats have been communicated to Borders or the Mall," the F
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
OK, what now?

Isolated incident? Or the start of a homegrown ploy?

Whenever I hear stories like this I think about the Oklahoma incident and Timothy McVeigh. Many rumors surrounded that incident and indeed the same could be said for the events of 911.

I will keep my ear to the news and see what new developments take place.

I understand its easy to get carried away when we hear "bombs" in a sentence, and I am guilty of this. My reaction is always to the extreme (terrorist, false flag and the like).

This is most likely a personal retaliation of some sort and nothing of national significance.

Or, someone is interested in attacking "soft targets" which may very well effect commerce and personal freedoms.

Lets see!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CodexSinaiticus

OMG! I'm sooo scared now! We need to have a shopping equivalent of TSA agents at every mall, patting down everybody before they can go into the mall. It's the only way to keep us safe from the terrorists!
edit on 26-6-2011 by my other personality because: (he wanted to add: "Sarcasm")

edit on 26-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Was it a real bomb?

or was it one of those ATHF chrs they thought were bombs last time.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Your request is granted.

TSA Coming to a Mall Near You?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Sorry, failed to search this time, feel free to kill thread!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A borders book store really, that don't sound like some one against the imperialist America type of terrorists I know. In fact if it was they would have targeted a Barnes and Noble, who has a Starbucks coffee house in every store.

Still, the bomber real or false, is an idiot. I am betting on them being a patsy for some kind of forced domestic measure to watch people for more than what their reading. Book watch list look out, if you go tot he book store your on the same list...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Didn't Borders just go belly up? If so, I'd lean towards a disgruntled former employee angry about the company going under and the subsequest loss of employment.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Its probably isolated.

Though we will see more cases like it, especially if we don't get the economy under control.

Angry people will do stupid things.

At the rate we are going the government won't be able to afford, this continental "Big Brother" state that everyone is expecting. Instead, were more likely to see pockets or enclaves of "maximum security prison states", surrounded by something akin to a third world wild west.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

OMG! I'm sooo scared now! We need to have a shopping equivalent of TSA agents at every mall, patting down everybody before they can go into the mall. It's the only way to keep us safe from the terrorists!
edit on 26-6-2011 by my other personality because: (he wanted to add: "Sarcasm")

edit on 26-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

funny haha, not far from the truth, for those wanting to be more secured ... well it maybe closer than you think!! so now Americans can get felt up on a trip to the mall. ohhhhhhh all those little kiddies (you know , all the teenagers), couldn't find enough child mulastation in the airports so they decided to infect the malls.... you watch and see iif it dosn't happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Spot on, alot of people have lost there jobs, and this sounds like revenge to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Please use the previously existing thread to continue the discussion.

Two bombs found at Denver area shopping mall

Thread Closed.

top topics

join