It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure where to put this.....feeling vibrations while sleeping in the taxi cab that I drive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've started driving a Taxi cab about 3 weeks ago. just recently I've been feeling these pulsating vibrations coming through me. Depending on where I park for the night to rest I can feel a strong pulsing sensation like a vibrating bed to a pulsing sensation to that of a cell phone.
These feelings don't happen everywhere just in certain locations.
The towns bus station has the strongest feeling, and the lighter sensations are around other business.
I only feel these when I am well rested.
I've contributed the vibrations to that of the amount of electrical power that is being pumped under the town.
But what I' want to know is why am I feeling these vibrations? I don't know if I am a hypersensative person or not, but what other diagnoses is there that I can give to me with out going to see a doctor? Which most taxi cab drivers are not able to afford

Any reasonable comments are accepted and will respond back when I can to you.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the pretext to an out of body experience, or an Astral Projection as it's called by some.

Robert Monroe, infamous for his studies on astral projection, uses the term, “vibration state” to refer to the stage in astral projection in which the body experiences a tingling sensation just before the astral form separates from the physical form.

What people describe as a wave of energy that flows through the body is part of how a sense of floating is achieved. It is a sign that you are about to have an out-of-body experience.

Controlling the vibrations
Although it is not an easy thing to do, it is important to be able to control the vibrations in order to enjoy a successful astral projection experience. According to Monroe, you can begin with a “partial separation”, as you concentrate on leaving the physical form. To achieve this, visualize an object that is out of your reach and then stretch out your hand or foot to connect to and go to that object. Then return to your beginning position.

This step will take some practice so don’t expect it to go smoothly at first. The more you do it, the easier it will become and you will be on your way to performing an astral projection.

Experiencing the “Vibration State”
The “Vibration State” may not be easy to achieve, especially for the beginner, but below are a few suggestions that may help with the process:

I could be wrong, but that's what came to mind.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Tactile hallucinations most probably brought on by the crap hours that taxi drivers suffer from.

Caffeine combined with stress has been known to induce auditory hallucinations, it's not unreasonable to say they could also cause tactile hallucinations

Coffee induced hallucinations

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Has it ever occurred to you that you're in the back of a Taxi that's hitting bumps in the road that makes you bounce/vibrate?

Where has the common sense gone these days?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

I believe OP said he/she is a taxi driver...and he's noticing this vibration while he's resting, not driving.

OP...I think you might be right about the concentrated electrical vibrations.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For several days now my entire body is vibrating. I also find that my knees feel like they are ready to buckle under my own weight and yet I am not a weak person.

From the tips of my toes to the tip of my nose something is up!

I take this Spiritually and I have pondered the thought that I should be on my knees praying; I pray every day, but I am not on my knees, perhaps it is time to practice for what is about to happen!

Edit to add: Sorry, failed to see the "Introductions" forum! Welcome to ATS! Got to love a man that can sleep on the job!

edit on 6/26/2011 by Greensage because: to add intro

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe sitting for long periods is reducing the circulation... Maybe the pants are too tight, or the belt, or socks, even! Maybe the taxi needs an alignment. Perhaps a speaker or two are not connected correctly to the stereo. Maybe a smog leak in the cab.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stephenallen81570

Hello Stephen, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I get this sometimes when I am trying to sleep, it is very annoying. It feels like one of those massage beds, I have no idea why it happens. It is not real though, or else I think my cat would be freaking out too.
edit on Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:20:30 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It could mean youre about to have an out of body experience, tingling and vibrations are one of the signs before having an obe.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

Youre right, where HAS common sense gone. You proved your own point.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's what's known as hypnogogia, it's quite common

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have taken long road trips and when the car has
stopped I still feel the vibrations from the traveling
car. Also I feel light headed and my knees feel weak.
Its from sitting too long and the constant virbations from the
motor. I think that is what you are feeling, nothing
more, nothing less. Try to take breaks often out
side of your cab and see if that helps. IMO.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Yeah that sounds about right to me. I can't recall anyone else telling me about this kind of experience. I wonder how many people experience this and think they are going nuts or something.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I cant tell you why yet but i can tell you, that I too have had this back in early march just before and during the Japan earthquakes.
I was able to accurately feel the earthquakes with in 1 hour sometimes minutes of them occurring there and other places however not all of them but to the point that i recorded myself saying that if my theory was correct that the quakes where going along the sub-duction zones Australia and Newzealand would have a quake in the next 1-2 days which they did an unusual thing for Australia,
not convinced that this was the cause and been more than 2000km from either Japan or New-Zealand, i started to look at solar flares and Geo magnetic pulses again this seemed to be an answer but not accurate enough to say this is the cause,
so i started to look at the relation to magnetic s and how the body mainly shoulders and neck work, again related but not the sole cause so I am left with electro magnetism,microwave energy and the mind including others like coffee,stress etc or possibly a combination of all of the above.
I was unable to feel this event if i moved location however i could pick it up in two separate locations ruling out t.v etc elec interference, living in isolated place rules out power and phone tower lines etc and i live at the end of a fault line, also in direct line in between pine gap and a transmission research center-hmmm.
now the mind and substances nothing has changed.
I have always drank lots of coffee.
since i was seven i was taught how to expand the mind, i got bored with astral travel when google earth came out it was quicker and easier to look at places on there.
I have transcended through transcendental meditation for nearly thirty years a technique that eventually opens you up to an explainable realm that can prove highly accurate in some cases and feel spiritually peaceful,relaxed and at ease mind wise- yeah thats as far as ill go on that for now.
so at this point i am inclined to go along with some kind of man made interference all of the points already mentioned seem to be related but this is nothing new in all this time of experimenting i have never felt anything like it before,
more concerning is i have always remained in control until mid march where it felt like someone or thing was in control that took tens days to beat and six weeks to recover from.
Hence be warned if you feel it again dont let it go for anymore than 20 mins before moving go for a walk even 1 min every so often is enough.
Hypersensitive you most probably are as to what not sure yet but microwave frequency resonance seems to be a possible common denominator that would be able to isolate a certain point or area that has the potential to influence all of the mentioned above.
this vibration came from the ground or low area if the same for you- you could try a bottle of water on your dashboard or mid console may not work in a car due to rubber tyres,suspension and movement from other passing cars but it would work on ground or inside a house your looking for slight vibration of water inside the bottle as close to you as you can get it on solid surface or tapped to a wall.
most importantly your not alone and its reassuring to know there are others hang in there for now i have experienced many things but nothing like this and your the first i have come across to mention it and i have been looking for others and answers welcome to Ats and u2u me if you need to- cheers

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here's a quick background of me.
Before I became a taxi drive I was working on the plant floor for 3 years and prior to that driving a tractor trailer for eight. With in those years of driving a truck I've never experienced the feeling that I am having now.
I don't drink coffee and I take naps. Maybe it is Hypnagogia or it could be OOBE about to become.
But why would these vibrations be stronger in the center of town than further away.
The cab is turned off and windows cracked.
Yes I am sleeping and I get woken up by these vibrations.
As far as caffeine I don't drink coffee or sodas. I may eat a candy bar or so through out the week. and eat out 1 time a day or when I can at home.

If it has to do with the electricity that is being pumped through the town I wonder how many people actually feel these vibrations or just ignore them?.
If it is an OOBE that I am about to have I will have to try the excercise that was posted.

I'll let you know further into the week what happens....

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i have got pulsing energy feeling in my body when i sleep for as long as i can remember, it is a bit like electricity or sound or something. it does not bother me anymore. it sounds kinda weird but i have learnt to control it. I can make it bigger or smaller.Enjoy it...!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.from Texas..as far as the vibrations strong elecrical fields can be felt by the human body..I had an experence many years ago I worked all day and had to drive to Arkansas I was sleepy after about six hours on the road dead tired ..I pulled over to sleep a while.couldnt sleep felt like I was buzzing and my heart was raceing..I had been drinking lots of strong coffee .homemade triple strength with chickery ..Do you drink lots of coffee when working? could cause this perhaps.Sorry didnt catch the no coffee I was typeing when you posted lol Instant energy type consentrate? your parked over under ground power like you said

edit on 26-6-2011 by granpabobby because: (no reason given)
Downtown traffic or freeway overpass could be ground vibrations
edit on 26-6-2011 by granpabobby because: add usefull information

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Welcome sir!

I too have had vibrations since the beginning of the year. During the day my hands and feet start vibrating. At times I feel like my phone is vibrating in my pants but it's not in there.

At night, especially, is when I feel as though I am vibrating. Sometimes it feels like the bed is utterly physically shaking.

So you're not alone. Maybe it's a medical condition but it may be something other worldly.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Thats it exactly.
Like a vibrating bed or a cell phone on vibrating mode.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join