It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamburger from grocery stores contains sulphur (like matches)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I normally buy locally grown beef from farmers and have it butchered for freezer meat. Due to finances, I had to go a couple months buying my meat from the grocery store, a little at a time, till I could come up with a chunk of money to put 1/2 beef in my freezer.

When I finally called the locker plant to order a side of beef (1/2 of a cow) to put in the freezer I explained I wanted it asap because I had run out and was buying from the grocery store.

He immediately explained to me I shouldn't do that, no matter what. The grocery stores preserve the meat with sulphur, like they make matches out of.

Yes, SULPHUR. Like they make matches out of. I couldn't believe it. So I did the research, and sure enough... it is a food preservative. A dangerous one at that.

Sulphur dioxide E220 Preservative. Sulphur dioxide reacts with a wide range of substances found in food, including various essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes and essential fatty acids. Adverse reactions: bronchial problems particularly in those prone to asthma, hypotension (low blood pressure), flushing tingling sensations or anaphylactic shock. International Labour Organization says to avoid E220 if you suffer from conjunctivitis, bronchitis, emphysema, bronchial asthma, or cardiovascular disease.

altmedangel.com...

Sulfur dioxide (also sulphur dioxide) is the chemical compound with the formula SO2. It is released by volcanoes and in various industrial processes. Since coal and petroleum often contain sulfur compounds, their combustion generates sulfur dioxide unless the sulfur compounds are removed before burning the fuel. Further oxidation of SO2, usually in the presence of a catalyst such as NO2, forms H2SO4, and thus acid rain.

Inhaling sulfur dioxide is associated with increased respiratory symptoms and disease, difficulty in breathing, and premature death.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow... I was feeding the family protein for dinner along with a book of matches. YUM YUM!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

We have all been eating poison in its various forms for a long time. Sulphur and growth hormones along with viruses spread on the beef no idea what else. Arsenic in the chicken. Lets not mention radiation. All of it is like smoking it will eventually kill you just not today. Therefore people ignore the risk or deminish the harm at least in their own minds. Eat up everyone we can always have a contest of who can live the longest when poisoned. Thats really what we are doing now.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hey, maybe someone can explain something to me. I have repeatedly heard how dogs bred to be vicious attackers for criminals as well as fighting dogs for sport are sometimes fed gunpowder mixed into their food to increase their hostility and outright viciousness. If I recall, I'd also heard it dumbing them down as a side effect.

Assuming there is some truth to what I've been hearing over the years about that, wouldn't consuming sulfur beyond what might be innocently encountered in nature, be similarly harmful to people??

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I guarantee you can find a dangerous chemical in anything you buy at the grocery store. Coca Cola can completely dissolve a steel nail, bones, and other things in days.
edit on 26-6-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
yeah, radiation and corexit (from the gulf) is pretty much in everything we eat I believe.

Chicken feed is made up of alot of oyster shells (gulf, corexit)

Cows consume the grasses exposed to radiation, meat and milk=radiation

Fish consumption= radiation (ocean) , corexit (gulf)

Veggies/fruits+ radiation in air & soil (Japan, West Coast)

Grain crops = GMO

With poison in everything, there's nothing safe left to eat.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So the guy you normally buy beef from told you not to buy beef from other people? Maybe he's just jealous. Our local grocery store grinds it meat fresh through out the day..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
And that's why you grind your own meat people, it is not that hard to do just cube it and use a processor if you do not have a grinder. And make sure to buy from a good reputable butcher, things bought on toilet paper are only good for the toilet.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
edit on 26-6-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You should only buy organic meat. I dont know if you have done much research on sulphur, but it is good for you in moderation. At least thats what i read. It can be good for your skin. We have used sulphur for a long while to help with skin issues. Putting it on your skin is almost just like eating it. It gets absorbed. I know it can cause some really bad head ackes if you have ever been to a volcano then you know.

top topics

join