It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Nuclear Plant, Flood Berm Collapsed ..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Last I heard, water has reached the nuclear waste area. There's water contaminated. They are treating it as radioactive water.

TV REPORT :
They are censoring the information, they don't want any filming inside the plant

Same report :
Local TV: Water has leaked into building containing radioactive material at Ft. Calhoun nuke plant — “That water we treat as radioactive waste”

Of course the NRC says all is safe. Trust the NRC!
Must read investigation : US nuke regulators weaken safety rules!

I would totally trust these guys... right? Right?
edit on 28-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Can someone tell me why they don't just blow up a levee or two on the opposite side to reduce the water level and divert some of the water away from the plants. I mean they have time to evacuate the area first and it beats a nuclear disaster. I am sure there would be allot of displaced persons and property damage but it beats the alternative.Can someone explain to me why this isn't an option anyone has mentioned. I am not familiar with the area but it seems to me that that would be the logical thing to do.

I'm sure they would be willing to do that if it would help. My guess is they wouldn't want to due to court battles. A few weeks ago, they had to blow a levee and flood farm land and that ended up in court.

The plant would have to release info showing how dangerous the situation is to the public. It would be much easier for a levee to "accidentally" blow - like it did a few days ago (at night just coincidentally in front of two people inspecting the levee).

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This doesn't have to end up as an extinction level event to be a concern. A little radiation release here and there might just cause a few percentage points increase in cancer. Maybe it will only cause 20 to 30 people to get cancer. Which might not sound too bad unless it's you or your kid.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thank you Daughter2. I suspected it was about money. Seems like everything wrong in the world always comes down to money or power. I really wish that those in charge actually cared about what was best for American, the planet and maybe even me. I tend to be a dreamer though. I can't wait to get out of here (USA)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I also posted a possible answer to your questions here in this post, though by far not the only possible reason, it is certainly a contributing factor.

Fortunately the current thunderstorm forecast for for the area immediately surrounding and upstream is good:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/626e94855421.jpg[/atsimg]

Unfortunately, we still have ll that water that has no where to go until the water below it moves with more backing up behind what's already at the plant.

By no means injurious presently, there is the possibility still present for much more dire outcomes.

Let us all hope that scenario does not eventuate.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Lots of info concerning many other plants here in the US with problems at this web address:

www.propublica.org...

The trouble with Calhoun is it's one of the oldest plants in this country, as well as the smallest. Although we're 1,000 miles away here in Cincinnati, everyone here appreciates the marvelous job that all of you are doing at ATS to keep all of us informed. Keep up all of the good work, & thanks a bunch- CincyFreedom

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So sorry Mods, I'm new here & still mastering links- Please help!

I promise to get with learning about it right away. I'm an artist, not a techie just yet....CincyFreedom

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
More excellent news for our future heath ..lol

Published June 29, 2011
FoxNews.com
www.foxnews.com...

"Thanks to the jet stream air currents that flow across the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. is receiving a steady flow of radiation from Fukushima Daichi. And while many scientists say that the levels of contamination in food pose no significant threat to health, scientists are unable to establish any actual safe limit for radiation in food. Detection of radioactive iodine 131, which degrades rapidly, in California milk samples shows that the fallout from Japan is reaching the U.S. quickly."

"Milk, fruits and vegetables show trace amounts of radioactive isotopes from the Fukushima Daichi power plants, and the media appears to be paying scant attention, if any attention at all. It is as if the problem only involves Japan, not the vast Pacific Ocean, into which highly radioactive water has poured by the dozens of tons, and not into air currents and rainwater that carry radiation to U.S. soil and to the rest of the world."

"Radiation tests conducted since the nuclear disaster in Japan have detected radioactive iodine and cesium in milk and vegetables produced in California. According to tests conducted by scientists at the UC Berkeley Department of Nuclear Engineering, milk from grass fed cows in Sonoma County was contaminated with cesium 137 and cesium 134. Milk sold in Arizona, Arkansas, Hawaii, Vermont and Washington has also tested positive for radiation since the accident."

"Additionally, drinking water tested in some U.S. municipalities also shows radioactive contamination. Is the fallout from Fukushima Daichi falling on us? Yes, it is."

“Children are much more susceptible to the effects of radiation and stand a much greater chance of developing cancer than adults,” states Andrew Kanter, MD, president of PSR’s board. “So it is particularly dangerous when they consume radioactive food or water.”

www.abovetopsecret.com...
This thread is hidden, no one can't see so i post here ..

More news ..
Radioactive substances detected in children's urine city is located 60 kilometres north-west of the Fukushima
www.monstersandcritics.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Edit:

Disregard my question. I read a couple of other threads, it doesn't look like the heat will make too much of a difference.
edit on 30-6-2011 by collietta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here some good end information ..

www.wowt.com...

www.omaha.com...-test-not-over-for-nuke-plantower

Worker Burned At Nuclear Plant

Revealed: British government's plan to play down Fukushima

Peace to you all ..

I hope we stop support building more nuk. plants end close existing, they are very old end not reliable

One incident end we feel ugly sickness for decades ..

Minimal 30% of Earth feel ugly sickness for decades from Japan catastrophic incident, we can withstand one more ..

edit on 30-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join