It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Nuclear Plant, Flood Berm Collapsed ..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Is very bad end mach water coming from north, we need new end more information on this ..

Posted: 12:20 PM Jun 26, 2011

"The 2,000-foot berm collapsed about 1:30 a.m. Sunday, allowing the swollen river to surround two buildings at the plant. The NRC says those buildings are designed to handle flooding up to 1014 feet above sea level. The river is at 1006.3 feet and isn't forecast to exceed 1008 feet."

www.wowt.com...

news.yahoo.com...

www.kcautv.com...
edit on 26-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.

It sure is something to continue watching.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Should be ok according to your link.www.wowt.com...

The NRC says its inspectors were at the plant when the berm failed and have confirmed that the flooding has had no impact on the reactor shutdown cooling or the spent fuel pool cooling.

NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko will visit the plant Monday.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by Dalke07

Should be ok according to your link.www.wowt.com...

The NRC says its inspectors were at the plant when the berm failed and have confirmed that the flooding has had no impact on the reactor shutdown cooling or the spent fuel pool cooling.

NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko will visit the plant Monday.

Yeah so was fukashima and the gulf oil spill.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
with more rain on its way I dont see this getting any better.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks for Posting! Another barrier breached.
Lets hope things settle down from here on out, and that the Army Corp. of Engineers decide they better drop the level of the Missouri by closing up the spillways on the Fort peck damn a bit. Lets hope someones got some brain.

Still its a horse a piece, Flood everything down river from Ft Peck or close up spillways and put more load on an already weakening earthen dam. Gonna be a tough call, and someones gonna have to account for the consequences if something does go bad wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh yea.. Water within 8 feet of the limit will refrain from taking its toll.

These people are SOOOO confident with their engineering when in reality, it sucks.

Need I remind people that the Twin Towers were built "to withstand impact from a passenger jet, and multiple long lasting fires."
edit on 26-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why would one build nuclear facilities near rivers that are known for enormous floods?

I hope this gets better before it gets worse, throw some rain down on arizona. Mother nature doesn't seem to be liking anyone too much right now.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Though it's been said many times, I'm inclined to agree. It's not safe to build nuke plants anywhere. I doubt the Nevada/Arizona/California deserts would be good. Cali earthquakes. Southern hurricanes. Midwest tornadoes. Northern blizzards. Midwest flooding. Coastal tsunami risk.

Nuclear power just isn't safe...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is classic.. From AP, in the same article they first say there's no water inside, and then they say the flooding has had no impact on the reactor shutdown cooling..

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) —

A berm holding back floodwater at a Nebraska nuclear power plant has collapsed.

The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission says the 2,000-foot berm at the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station collapsed about 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

There is no danger. The plant has been shut down since early April for refueling, and the commission says there's no water inside.

Also, the Missouri River isn't expected to rise past the flood level the plant was designed to handle.

NRC spokesman Victor Dricks says the plant remains safe. NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko will visit the plant Monday.

Link to Article...

"No danger here, folks! And believe everything we say because We Are The News!!"..

Seriously, I hope it doesn't get out of control with the water, and maybe it's not a big deal, but I think everyone remembers what the media was saying right after Fukushima and the EQ..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Arnie Gunderson of fairewinds.com a nuclear engineer keeps us up to date with Japan and Nebraska nuclear updates videos but I cannot watch at home due to cruddy internet service. If anyone has new info or he had new videos that somebody sees please post I'm very worried about this.
Just like Fukushima, we won't be told until way too late I'm afraid.

Also Loren Moret. Her videos get quite long, but she seems to know what she is talking about too.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Don't worry, all is safe. Or so they say. Trust them, they never lied in the past right? Never manipulated any information... right?
edit on 26-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If it really is that safe, why not put up a live webcam to ease everyone's fears?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
"The water level at Ft. Calhoun nuclear plant reached a height of nearly 1,007 feet above sea level at the plant yesterday."

"The NRC responded in its October 2010 letter that once flooding reached 1,004 feet, water would have entered the plant and the ability of emergency workers to move around the site would “significantly degrade.”

"At 1,010 feet, water would begin to enter the auxiliary building, “shorting power and submerging pumps. The plant could then experience a station blackout with core damage estimated within 15 to 18 hours,” under a worst-case scenario, the NRC said. "
enenews.com...
www.nytimes.com...

"Ft. Calhoun nuke plant now running on emergency generators as workers try to restore electricity — Power supply cut after water surrounded main electrical transformers"
enenews.com...
www.victoriaadvocate.com...

www.kfab.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just like fukushima.... water and electricity don't mix. Pumps burn out.
Then the cascading effects follow.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07
"The water level at Ft. Calhoun nuclear plant reached a height of nearly 1,007 feet above sea level at the plant yesterday."

"The NRC responded in its October 2010 letter that once flooding reached 1,004 feet, water would have entered the plant and the ability of emergency workers to move around the site would “significantly degrade.”

"At 1,010 feet, water would begin to enter the auxiliary building, “shorting power and submerging pumps. The plant could then experience a station blackout with core damage estimated within 15 to 18 hours,” under a worst-case scenario, the NRC said. "

oh thats just peachy!

submerged pumps is the key word here the pumps are under water so now parts that should be dry are going to fail much faster. like bearings and wire connections. see post above,

edit on 6/26/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Flood berm collapses at Nebraska nuclear plant

The berm's collapse didn't affect the reactor shutdown cooling or the spent fuel pool cooling, but the power supply was cut after water surrounded the main electrical transformers, the NRC said. Emergency generators powered the plant Sunday while workers tried to restore power.

One step away from Fukushima 2.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Interesting about the no fly zone over the area in affect about a WEEK AGO! Check out this link theintelhub.com...

The funniest part about this link is where it says, "this no fly zone is allegedly in place due to the flood waters and has no relation to the plant whatsoever" yeah, true, those planes could be damaged or affected from that rising water by God, LMAO

If there is anything we have learned from Fukushima, then we can probably safely say that the supposed 2 feet over water into the plant nothing to see here excuse, probably is what happened like 5 days ago, so who really knows what its like TODAY.

peace,
marriah

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Live news from Minot, maybe they might cover the story.

www.kxnet.com...
edit on 26/6/2011 by lewtra because: cover my ass

No,They have just had a council meeting on 'boiling water before consumption', as if folk need telling.. Ive been watching this 'slow' disaster unfolding for a few weeks now and it goes from bad to worse, it's like Fukashima in slow motion.

Best wishes and goodd luck to the folk's in the area.
edit on 26/6/2011 by lewtra because: to add text

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I stay without words ..

I can post only this end is very important to understood how mach people can by stupid, naive or selfish ..

So Japan is forgotten, OMG ..
They feel in decades or centuries heavy disease end not only poor Japan people all Earth feel this most danger's sickness ..

www.topix.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f72a6e6fd57a.png[/atsimg]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some good info end pictures ..
www.cartoradiations.fr...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join