It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats behind this Airbrushed portion on Mars' Surface? (What are they really trying to hide from us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Airbrushed portion

this picture would look like a typical martian landscape with a big mass of "sand" seemingly encroaching a rugged patch of a martian surface.
But looking at it more closely it is not a flat terrain. it is inclining and that we have a diffrent perspective to consider.

#1 Consideration - This couldn't be an encroaching mass of sand.If this is then the source should be coming from the mountain slopes down to the valley where it will spread and thin out.As the images will suggest there is no recent displacement of materials from the higher ground and i think the whole mountainside is covered with "snowfrost"?
Since Mars still got gravity, (1/3 of ours?) it is very clear in these images that there is no recent sand rolling down from the higher elevation and the possibility of this encroaching sand coming from the lower part or valley is kind of defying the law of gravity such as climbing up the slopes.

#2 Consideration - This seemingly encroaching mass of sand is an "airbrushed" portion? see the encircled section.

Since the "airbrushed" element came into consideration, the next brushy question crops up.
what did that airbrushing wants to brush out?
So i decided to "explore" further and some very interesting images did materialize.
in the image below you will notice that there are some kind of tracks or fissures or lines that seems to zero in on that encroaching mass, or should I say "covered"cause clearly they disappear at the very side of the "airbrushed portion?
Please follow those arcing lines and i counted at least 5 on the left side and three on the right side of the image.

Just above the apex are more interesting "structures" that if i were to have my say are not of natural formation.
there is a raised wall or tier coming in from the left side corner making a very sharp right angle corner towards the left side and a mysterious hole or landing somewhere between the apex of the "encroaching sand and the corner point , some sort of converging point .

here's a clear view.

And so before i'll end my thread, since i am a firm believer that there is a "manlike civilization" thriving in Mars I will leave you with these "human like figures" which I will call the "matchstick men". and maybe they are the reason why "they" have to airbrushed "them".

edit on 26-6-2011 by alphaMegas because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Im all for a good conspiracy and all that, but on this im sorry but I just dont see it. That doesnt look like airbrushing to me, specially on the 4th and 5th pictures where you have zoomed in, it just looks like different terrain or something.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
1st photo you can see the sharpened edges, the photo I would say looks to be manipulated. Choppy job at that.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't know much about this sort of thing, but what would cause the "terracing" effect? Are they actual lines on the surface or just because they pieced together many images to make one?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

Everyone knows the images presented on google earth are of low quality, so why not use the original images to show this airbrushing?

Very lazy and a bit disingenuous if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

i think it's more on the "actual lines"...and actual could be cracks or fissures on the soil or rock in the area and also artificially or intelligently designed.
the "mosaic" idea, well we all know that images incorporated by google app is taken from various sources and raw images or composite images but they usually ends up coherent enough to be viewed.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Trying to think of the program that can be used to create an image like that. Been so long. For some intermediate and expert users, it's very easy to do. I pretty much know daz3d, poser and photoshop, not familiar with the terrain images though. But, the sharpened edges it looks to me that's it has been manipulated. Because, I can do that on any image. I could be wrong now. So, I won't say I'm a 100% sure. But, too me, photo 1, looks off.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Mosaic was the word i was looking for, thanks.

So why does there seem to be a pattern to these "cracks"? I wouldn't think that would happen naturally.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

come on chad...i spent weeks contemplating whether should i post this thread or not and some precious hours to really come up piecing it together and all you can say is am lazy?

and dis-engenious too...what a class...

anyway, whats the take?

any input aside from this snide remarks?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

At least use the original images.

Why wouldn't you want to use the best quality image available?

hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

No, nothing natural with those cracks.
they're there for a reason or whatever. just that we dont know and will probably never know and the reason for the "airbrushing" will stand out for this.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Seems to be a sand/dust region encroaching.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3dccef251705.png[/atsimg]
Sand is carried by the wind. It doesn't really care about slopes.

Erosion by wind has carved V-shaped patterns along the edges of many of the layers. The layers appear friable (easy to erode) so this is why wind can carve deep grooves along a steep cliff such as visible here. The top of the layered deposit (upper part of image) is smooth and relatively dark because it is covered by debris laid down by the wind, dust and other fine materials.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...
edit on 6/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

thanks for the "originals".

[img]PSP_007456_1740_RED.NOMAP.browse[1].jpg[/img]

the issue with the originals is that except for being clear and crispy products it doesnt tell the whole story. in fact it kind of give some false impressions like looking at them, original images, will just give you the impression that you are looking at something thats been spread thin and flat on the surface.
In the your original image the left bottom corner , which clearly shows what a sandy surface should be in contrast with the area in question is actually located here:

then it will give us a totally different point of view...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Everyone knows the images presented on google earth are of low quality, so why not use the original images to show this airbrushing?

Very lazy and a bit disingenuous if you ask me.

hmmm...interesting.
I ask you: where is the link of the original image that show airbrushing?

Google Mars, however, is good enough, if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'd rather say , dust is carried by the wind, more like dust in the wind song by kansas, but sand is another story. well there has to be a sand storm which as per the books say, is terrible in Mars, to roll those sand. And here on earth , sand dunes continually shifts and change forms. they are composed of quartz and mica which are very non-cohesive materials.in fact if you try digging in the desert you have to support your dig with shorings to prevent sand from caving in...so its kind of hard for me to figure out how it can form a sharp uniform edge for some length or distance in an unconfined space unless of course it was made to look that way....
but then again its on Mars and we are here...

also in that hi-rise side comment i believe it refers only to the "Cliffs" and how the wind sheds off the airborne debris".

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's quite humorous first that someone would spend the amount of time to come up with a bunch of pseudo-science drivel to outline something they obviously don't understand, and second, that they could make some kind of discovery from Google anything.

Just how stupid is that?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
#1 Consideration - This couldn't be an encroaching mass of sand.If this is then the source should be coming from the mountain slopes down to the valley where it will spread and thin out.As the images will suggest there is no recent displacement of materials from the higher ground and i think the whole mountainside is covered with "snowfrost"?
That can be an encroaching mass of sand, why start negating a possibility?

But I think you're right in one thing: it doesn't look like there was any displacement of materials from the higher ground.

As for the "snowfrost", I doubt it, it's close to the equator and that area is mostly made of white rock.

Since Mars still got gravity, (1/3 of ours?) it is very clear in these images that there is no recent sand rolling down from the higher elevation and the possibility of this encroaching sand coming from the lower part or valley is kind of defying the law of gravity such as climbing up the slopes.
No need to deny the law of gravity, if you look at the whole region you can see that the dust/sand accumulates on the west slopes, making me think that in that area the wind comes mostly from the West, pushing the dust/sand against the slope.

It's the same thing that happens inside the craters, that usually have side with more accumulated sand than all the other sides.

You can get a better idea of that whole area in this (large - 15,3 MB) image, in which you can see the area marked in the smaller image below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/529f441433d4.jpg[/atsimg]

#2 Consideration - This seemingly encroaching mass of sand is an "airbrushed" portion? see the encircled section.
If that would have been airbrushed you wouldn't noticed it.

Since the "airbrushed" element came into consideration, the next brushy question crops up.
what did that airbrushing wants to brush out?
If it was airbrushed then they already covered whatever was there, so how can you see it?

So i decided to "explore" further and some very interesting images did materialize.
in the image below you will notice that there are some kind of tracks or fissures or lines that seems to zero in on that encroaching mass, or should I say "covered"cause clearly they disappear at the very side of the "airbrushed portion?
Please follow those arcing lines and i counted at least 5 on the left side and three on the right side of the image.
Those lines are very common geological features, they happen frequently on Mars and on Earth, just look at other Mars images that show that type of white rock and you will see.

Just above the apex are more interesting "structures" that if i were to have my say are not of natural formation.
Well, it looks like a natural (and common) formation to me.

there is a raised wall or tier coming in from the left side corner making a very sharp right angle corner towards the left side and a mysterious hole or landing somewhere between the apex of the "encroaching sand and the corner point , some sort of converging point .
I don't see anything that looks like a hole.

And so before i'll end my thread, since i am a firm believer that there is a "manlike civilization" thriving in Mars I will leave you with these "human like figures" which I will call the "matchstick men". and maybe they are the reason why "they" have to airbrushed "them".
There's no need to airbrush those, apparently only you and two more people see them.

Edit: maybe this video will show you a better view of the Candor Chasma area, although I don't think it shows that specific area.

edit on 26/6/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

nice video clip. i thought i've seen it on one of those discovery science series.

snow frost- though this area is somewhere near the mars equator, the possibility of some "frosting" can or may occur.
even here on earth in some desert like sahara, frost appears.
there are still some very interesting images coming up but its monday on this part of the world so have to pack up for now and join the real world...work,work, work...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

there was a time in our short human history wherein scientist where ostracized, galileo was, others were burned at stakes.giorgio bruno was and science as a whole is some sort of an evil wizardry.
That comes to pass. now we call it "pseudo-science"?

and for pete's sake who could really make a claim he's discovered something from out of using google apps?
never did.

stupid thing isn't it?
now humor me with what you got on this thread...

edit on 26-6-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join