It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometric Fingerprinting at UK School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Mountain Ash Comprehensive School in the South Wales valleys has decided to implement biometric fingerprinting in a bid to 'help' the children of low income parents from being bullied about their entitlement to free school meals. The parents of pupils were only given a week's notice of the fingerprinting system being brought in.
A bit of background concerning the S. Wales valleys...the South Wales valleys are the poorest in Europe with European funding for the areas 'disappearing' via the Government. The area council offices were subject to police investigation via allegations of fraud a number of years back...nothing else was reported about the findings at the time.
www.walesonline.co.uk...
I'm shocked and disgusted by the whole thing

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
they tried to do this under the guise of a new system for the library at my sons infant school in kent 6 years ago ..i kicked off at the head mistress about databases ,criminal profiling of children and flat out refusing dna or fingerprints to be taken from my son ..a year later it made the headlines in the uk about fingerprinting children ,the headmistress left around the same time ,at which point many of the teachers told me that she was not a headmistress but a manager brought in to implement changes in this school ..dont let anyone profile your children ..ever .

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by celticpride

At my friend's son's school in North Wales they have all just had their fingerprints and DNA taken on the pretext that "its for your lunch meal card."

They have also had random sniffer dog police patrols,no drugs or weapons found.

What a way to treat kids...teach them all to be good slaves to the system while they are young and impressionable.
I asked my friend's son about how he felt about it,and its just normal to their generation-they don't see the potential for abuse of these sytems-because they are only told how great these new ID cards are.

Compared to when I was a kid in the 80's todays schools seem to be starting to look more like prison facilities.

All part of the hidden agenda we live under sadly.
edit on 26/6/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: added location

edit on 26/6/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Happenings like this occur because TPTB (in any form, from head teacher up to governmental and beyond) are intelligently aware that everyone complains about it online and in the papers, but know that absolutely nothing will change, no revolt will take place and even if it does (student riots/fee increases), it will only last a few days and be forgotten about.

If I wanted to be a PTB, I'd be all too aware of how easy it is to implement anything I want, then spend the next few weeks (at the most) reading about people whining online, then watch it disappear to the back burner... a little like this thread and my included comment.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
No wonder the government's letting us swear at the cops and beat burgulars up...the only good thing thats happening is that they're letting us keep the green spaces in our towns and villages, and I think thats only cos the councils are skint
(nevermind allotments anyone?) Sniffer dogs in N. Wales schools!!!!! I've never heard anything more ridiculous! I feel a bit queasy about it all

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eliteosbo

Good for you confronting them all the way
I don't know many who'd have the gaul. Well done

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Get a grip! Not one post so far has even mentioned exactly what they are afraid will happen with these fingerprints! More claptrap nonsense about TPTB and just an excuse for some ill educated ranting about authority and how things have changed.
Find something else to complain about.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They already had this at a school my dad used to live near with his then-girlfriend and her kids since a few years back.

They use it much like World Championship Wrestling used to in the late 90s/early Millenium, to put your finger on the scanner and then it lets the school know you turned up and at what time. There were no complaints about that although they gave the choice to opt out and most parents thought it was a good idea to stop truancy so not many kids don't use that system.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HologramDenier

All I was trying to do was give a heads up. Why is that ill-educated? Sounds like you need a wake-up call....WAKE UP!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
reply to post by HologramDenier

All I was trying to do was give a heads up. Why is that ill-educated? Sounds like you need a wake-up call....WAKE UP!

Why does that member need to "wake up"? Why can't you and the others or did you purposefully ignore my post that stated that it's been used in a school for a few years for a very good reason? Or that a large multi-billion dollar wrestling company introduced it for exactly the same reason back in the late 90s to do away with any other form of checking into work that could be used to mislead employers into thinking the talent and other employees were there when they actually weren't?

I swear, some people are so fearful of any old crap on these forums that they probably think hitting the "reply" button might send the feds after them or something. It's ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

join