It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doubting claims to masonry, any one else?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
rahboni and observer are high quality gentlemen.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I have never really seen this Forum as an effective vehicle for discussing views about the contribution of Freemasonry or about the purpose of Freemasonry. Attempts at those discussions tend to begin and end with antagonism. The discussions are not steered or purposeful, just a series of unsubstantiated claims followed by attempted defenses followed by mudslinging and attacks.

I think I understand your concern, MaskedAvatar, so I would like to offer an outsider's opinion.

I myself have been seeing some excellent info & discussions on the Freemasonry forums, & the attitudes and standard of meaningful communication you show each other is such that it does give a very good impression of your mores. Your patience with, & tolerance towards, your detractors, creates a similarly favourable impression.

Some of the detractors DO get a bit much, & even I am recognising the trolls by virtue of writing styles & other give-aways. There is much humour in this for an outsider - actually, at times, this is one of the funniest forums due to this!

And the really virulent & obviously prejudiced detractors, well they're so obvious, & the best way I can put it is to paraphrase the words of old Khayyam -

"They do their credit in men's eyes much wrong."

Edit - typo

[edit on 10/8/04 by Bastet]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I am a Freemason and my name and my Freemasonic credentials are well known. I like posting here and enjoy the chat with the Brethren. I do not like the Trolls that post here. Many of them are a pain in the ass. Many of them are in need of medical help as they are convinced that the Freemasons are aliens, Jewish and in charge of the world and drink the blood of young humans. I am off to do all the above now
Just a joke

Brother Gerard P/M 1316 SC

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I, too, am a travelling man, though am only 2 steps along the (seemingly very long!) road to enlightenment.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few titbits from the more well versed brethren here, and possibly show the odd troll the sharp end of my poinard in the process!

S&F,

HTMB

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This topic is beyond childish.

I, like anyone else, like a good, satisfying, escapist, conspiracy theory. They're fun, and provide an interesting diversion from the monotony of reality. But that's all they are: diversions. A bit of mental exercise based on solving a good 'whodunit" that will likely end nowhere. The journey is still a fun romp, though.

If you ARE looking for "conspiracies", then plant yourself firmly in reality and consider all the constitutional violations that victimize people on a daily basis. Consider your government - not in the sense that there is some dark, satanic Grand Design going on, but that there is, and always has been, a "conspiracy" to limit the freedoms of everyday individuals. Ask any good civil rights lawyer. That's about it, though. No Grand Plan of Masons to dominate the world or bring back Jacques De Molay's ghost to sit on a universal throne. It would be cool, with lots of sex appeal, obviously unworkable and ultimately, a fantasy.

There is no magic, no summoning of demons, and as yet, no Alien visitors who can tell you what lies beneath that chamber in the pyramid at Giza. Sure, I'm waiting. But until then, let's stick with the Scientific Method.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join