It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

120 year old woman found living in Brazil!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
blogs.aljazeera.net...

Wow! This is truly amazing, did not know the human race even had the capability to make it to 120, I'm not sure but does this make her the oldest person living on the planet? That's insane! I wish I could live to 120 but I doubt I'll be making it until then with all the fast foods and unhealthy meals running rampant in today's society.

Her birth certificate she was born in 1890, that's just insane how she just lived through an entire century and managed to see how the world crumbled in front of her eyes. By the way, I love Al Jazeera news, one of the most unbiased news networks out there, everyone should definitely go there for news!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I dont believe it to be honest.

She doesnt look 120.......a birth certificate is NOT proof of someones age or identity.

EDIT:

"isolated indigenous community where she lives ".............so why would she have a BC???? I smell BS
edit on 26-6-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
Her birth certificate she was born in 1890, that's just insane how she just lived through an entire century and managed to see how the world crumbled in front of her eyes.

The article says she is from some indigenous reserve and doesn't even speak portuguese, i doubt she saw much in her life except for maybe the brazilian forest

Anyway, as far as i know scientists say that humans can be 120 years old or even older, so it could very well be possible. I doubt it though, i wouldn't be surprised to see it as a hoax to get some headlines or maybe some mistaken identity.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
She doesnt look 120.......a birth certificate is NOT proof of someones age or identity.

I guess we could always cut her in half and count her rings.

The French have been working on extending human life span for a few decades now and recently made a breakthrough. They managed to isolate the enzyme that is responsible for cell regerneration and growth, as well as locating the gene that controls it (Im probably sayin that wrong but bear with me).

They have found that as we age, that enzyme slowly dissipates, causing cells to breakdown, go unrepaired and even mutate. Their discovery has found a way to reactivate that enzyme, essentially creating the possibility of immortality (although that does not appeal to me in the least bit. Sometime I think is too much time for a person to live depending on personal issues at times lol).

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This has happened before. People have lived to 122 years of age.

www.wowzone.com...

The fact that this woman in Brazil has NOT been subjected too much to the outside world may have helped with her longevity. Healthy foods and low stress levels can help here, and I doubt if she saw a lot of stress being as isolated as she was.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

edit on 26-6-2011 by jonwight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
why in the heck would you want to live to 120. i just dont get it. WHY PEOPLE WHY?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I believe it's possible. And before people start calling her a liar or that she a hoaxer remember, She didn't go out looking for news headlines or notoriety

She was minding her own business living where she was probably enjoying the company of some of her 10 children and 22 grandchildren while being isolated and it was the "Government" after checking their "records" which she probably had no idea the "Government" held on her sent for her to verify what the records showed.

Give the old gal a break.

edit on 26-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

To continue to enjoy friends and family. To continue to see gorgeous sunsets. To continue to watch humanity evolve and grow technologicaly. I could go on for ever.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I dont believe it to be honest.

That's true, but this isn't the first person to be known to reach that age.

"isolated indigenous community where she lives ".............so why would she have a BC???? I smell BS
Probably because she is from an indigenous community, don't you see a reason why the state would wanted to have a central registry of indigenous people?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I believe it's possible. And before people start calling her a liar or that she a hoaxer remember, She didn't go out looking for news headlines or notoriety

She was minding her own business living where she was probably enjoying the company of some of her 10 children and 22 grandchildren while being isolated and it was the "Government" after checking their "records" which she probably had no idea the "Government" held on her sent for her to verify what the records showed.

Give the old gal a break.

edit on 26-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Took the words right out of my mouth Slayer. This isn't so hard to believe at all. Skepticism is good, but

She doesnt look 120...

And just what is 120 supposed to look like?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The thread title said she had been 'found' ?
Why, was she previously 'lost' ?
Did she wander off somewhere at sometime ?
Altzheimers then ?

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Congrats to her and her family. I do want to mention that she looks like what I'd imagine a Grey to resemble.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Haha yeah dude, that enzyme is telomerase, it pretty much keeps all of your cells going, I'm currently learning about it in medical school, its sweet! Its pretty much the main reason why cancers continue to grow. If only we could implement it with would regeneration we'll have super regeneration like Wolverine =D.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Would anyone one of you, if you could, decide to live forever? I'm really curious on everyone's opinions on this.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I know its old but I also remember they had an article a few years ago on many uncontacted tribes in Brazil that also appear to be very healthy, I'm curious if she's around the same area lol

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
ya but i still dont understand why the public has the facination with living, i mean geez who ever said death was so bad.

the sunsets and sunrises i agree i love em. but humanity please.....

im sorry to be the devils advocate here but i really really dont get it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Not on your life.

Despite all the great things in life there is to see and feel, there is also a great deal of bad.

Besides I have hopes of an even greater after life.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

awesome, 120? no way, she does not look a day over 105.

she does not look happy though, i suppose you would'nt after 120 years of this place.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
She looks like a grey.
Maybe thats what gravity does to you after 200+ years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join