It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you hear voices, not necessarly in your head but around you as well?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've only heard voices once. It was a VAST jumble of different voices, you couldn't make anything out.

I'd been under severe stress at work for days on end. Don't know if that had anything to do with it. I simply "rationalised" the voices out of my head, put it down to tiredness & mental exhaustion.

My brother has schizophrenia (diagnosed 15 yrs ago) but he's never reported voices.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
I have one thing to say. Schizophrenia IMO is a HUGE phenomenon related to others dimension which is yet misunderstood by many, even the scientists. Here in western countries we deny the fact of spirits, souls and this kind of stuff is often related to illnesses while I think it is totally the opposite. Wouldn't it be easier for a psychiatrist to give a prescription of drugs to someone who is considered ill than trying to understand it.

I say this according the the basis of Albert Einstein which is the following : Nothing creates itself, nothing gets lost, all changes. We are energy, and we keep on being alive by energizing ourselves with food. When our physical body is ''dead'' it's only a transformation into a less dense form. The real question is why and when the scientific community will be TRULY READY to start investigating this phenomenon in depth to understand it 100% instead of only saying it's a neurotransmitter dysfunction.

With that being said I do hear voices on a regular basis but they don't stop me from living the way I want. We need a bit more of transparency here and open-mindedness.

I do say we will always have these kind of things related to sickness by a lack of knowledge and understanding on our brain which is a great and well made organ.

Conservation of mass

Don't forget a couple of centuries ago one's who said the earth was flat were nuts as much as the ones saying this planet as the center of the solar system.

Geocentrism

Thruthseek3r

I guess what i personaly belive is why dont someone check into this skizo stuff more seriosly, I mean if they are 100' s of thousands of people hearing the same thing is that not cause to check it out more I mean why do the docs just say oh your skizo or bipolar? most of us who hear these voices, hear stuff about satelight survelience, personally i never ever had any interest in it before 6 years ago, this stuff just came into my head when i told the docs they said i was crazy.. Well not crazy cause thats not the term they use..
Anyway before going to the doc, i never knew about any of this stuff, just seems a bit weird that most of the case studies all say the same thing, is that not a good reason to belive at least half the people that say it. What I dont understand is why they dont research this more..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

Exactly, IMHO I think TPTB would have some interests to put a negative diagnosis on it. I believe this called ''illness'' hide something very important which they don't want us to know. I'm totally with you on this one and I am a firm believer the truth about this will come into light one day.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am not sure if it was real, or a vividly remembered dream, but I remember a few times when I was around three years old. It was like a barrage of whispers, surrounding me, then I would get a strange picture in my head. I couldn't make out what they were saying though. Even thinking about it gives me the chills now.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I never post unless it touches deaply. I have read this thread and please excuse my english I am Canadian french person. Those voices mmmmmm..... they have been part of my life since I can remember and I am 40 now. I was able to put everything together and let me show you my view of my voices and all of that without any medication.

Our real body is our soul that is immortal in a 3d dimmension and our physical body is our vehicule to walk on this earth for 2 dimensions to be able to feel things. The first voice you will be hearing is you, your soul. She needs to make the brain understand where it comes from and how it should live to get the maximum experience of life down hear. The other voices could be angels or other being and forces to advice you or explain to you things and also to discuss, everything is alive around you, you could even talk with a three if you wanted to.

Depends also what is happening, the energy around and usually you will hear them alone cause nothing around you to disturb the message the soul is giving thrue telepathy. That is why you hear from within you and not in your head.

Call me intelligent crazy cause I was able to control those voices to understand. I hear in my head it is bad, from withing it is good. And then I will be talking to me and myself. And those others out there that we can't see, they haven't gave me there real name yet :-)

Hope will help to clear things for you, This is my experience and my finding only, might be useful for you, who knows!

Take care and have a nice journey through your soul and good luck, it's alot of work, sacrifice cause the world we know is not the one we live in.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Chantale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I hear them all the time. Constantly. I can even control them. T.V. off T.V. on.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Well i cant wait for that truth to come to light someday

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Exactly, IMHO I think TPTB would have some interests to put a negative diagnosis on it. I believe this called ''illness'' hide something very important which they don't want us to know. I'm totally with you on this one and I am a firm believer the truth about this will come into light one day.

I belive you are right, I sure would like to know how many actually hear these voices, as I am sure many of you are to shy to post that you do for fear of ridicule, and I also belive this is what "They want" for us to be in fear, fear of the unkown, and of being different from others.
From what I have researched people over a 100 years ago belived that thier mind could be read, but they were labeld mentally ill! Can so many really be mentally ill or is it some sort of cover up?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chantale

I dont usually post either but said hey why not, I might be able to learn something. Thanks for your input

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Okay here goes...if you hear voices, you are normal...this means your auditory nerves are functioning well and that you are able to hear. Good news huh?

Now if you are hearing voices and you don't want to...then you need to find yourself a quite place where people are not having discussions, and enjoy the quite time.

If you are in a quite place and are still hearing voices that you don't want to...now we have to take a look at your psychological health...this is not good news.

Hearing voices described as abnormal falls into the category of auditory hallucinations, and can, probably more than likely does, have a psychological diagnosis. Generally there are only a couple that make sense, the first is schizophrenia, and the second is drug induced hallucinations...now of course there are many more...but these are the two that jump right out on the list.

So are you high...and if so maybe this could be the culprit...stop getting high and see if your still hearing voices.

If your not high...it is time to make an appointment to at least have an evaluation done of your overall mental health. If it is decided your not suffering from some kind of psychological disorder and your still hearing voices without an explanation, then I would like to know who the doctor is that preformed the evaluation...because that truly would be something.

Following a psychological evaluation, and the extinction of any drug use, I would vote for having some sort of paranormal experience, but before ruling out the first two, I am not impressed!

Thanks for letting me share.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
To hear your name called from another part of the room or house when you are alone is a scary thing. It's real for some people. It really happens. It shouldn't be made light of. Especially as the OP suggested...when it seems to be external. Not from actually inside your head.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
To hear your name called from another part of the room or house when you are alone is a scary thing. It's real for some people. It really happens. It shouldn't be made light of. Especially as the OP suggested...when it seems to be external. Not from actually inside your head.

I agree completely...that would be very scary indeed...and it is very real for some people. It should not be made light of at all...hence the suggestion for professional help.

Are you suggesting that there is no possible way that a psychological problem may exist and we can rule that out right from the get go?

For those who suffer from...shall we call them grave emotional disorders...the voices they hear seems to be both external and internal...and seem very real, and without explanation. Should we not exclude a diagnosis from a professional before we jump right into a spirit, demon, etc...living in the house?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I guess you didnt read the part where I talked about my doc's! I also guess you didnt notice that I never ever once said I hear them in my head! What I said was do you hear voices in your head or around you? please dont make assumptions this is a very serious matter to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Oh I assure you I did read about your doc's...I read every single word you typed into your keyboard and sent to this thread....please don't assume I didn't!

What I said was do you hear voices in your head or around you? please dont make assumptions this is a very serious matter to me.

What makes you think this is not a very serious matter to me? Are you assuming that...looks to me like your making a whole lot more assumptions than I am...please don't try to be condescending to me...it's embarrassing and does not help me help you with your problem now does it?

As for your question...if you are only concerned with whether I hear voices in my head or around me...well then yes...all the time...as most normal folks do. Now we could discuss what hearing voices in your head really means...but I think, no I am certain that we all have an internal voice that guides us...as far as hearing in my head...of course...where else would I hear voices...in my hands?

Also mentionable...if this is such a serious matter to you then you would have clearly seen that my suggestions where very serious and not meant to be taken lightly either....perhaps you misunderstood...and in that case I accept you apology. Hallucinating is very serious...if that is indeed what it is...and should be handled accordingly...by professionals, and while there are a few professionals that frequent ATS...it should not be your first choice for professional analysis.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I hear the voices. In fact, I recently had an MRI and EEG of my head because of this.

Psychiatrists call the voices pseudohallucinations. At least the ones I've talked to call them that.

I laugh and say, oh, so I'm hallucinating that I am hallucinating?

My sister has another take on it. She says, oh, so they are false hallucinations, so that means they are real then.

I haven't gotten the results of the tests, yet. But I'm sure the psychiatrist will just tell me that I'm just a little bit crazy.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We all hear voices. its apart of our conscience.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I used to hear them ALOT it started when i was about 6 and it stopped when i was bout 13 or so. I also used to see shadow people coupled with these voices.
edit on 26-6-2011 by MrKelly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, the only time I remeber hearing voices was on a salvia divinorium 20x trip, wow that was amazing
Dont play with it, it is not a party drug whatsoever, it opens a door to every dimesion you may think of.
Maybe off topic, but some of you adult guys at ATS may find it interesting, since we all are looking for different reality "angles"

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've heard demonic entities, and seen them. Two as matter of fact, scary stuff.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightmere
reply to post by AzureSky

Thank you so much for your concern, I actually do have a doc and a shrink. And they both know that I have not been on any medications for years now, and I am totally funcitional. I really started this thread, cause I have noticed at lot of people mentioning this in other threads, and was curious as to how many hear these "voices". I for one think thats its more than what the doc's say. What i really hoped to gain from this was to see if its like 10%or 50% or 90% of the people. I realize that not everyone would like to publicly admit that they hear voices.
years ago when i went to the docs, they told me mind reading is immpossible, but i have since researched it and found out that not only is it possible, but its been going on for many many years.

Mind reading is possible and is called (remote viewing)......sometimes the voices people hear...are mind control experiments imposed on them...without them knowing about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join