It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Supports War in Iraq??? Flip Flop Flip Flop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Flip Flop...Flip Flop, Sen. Kerry is at it again.

"Sen. John Kerry (search) said Monday he would have voted to authorize the war in Iraq knowing what he does now, but added that he would have used the power more effectively than the current commander in chief."

Heres more from Fox News.

"Last Friday, Bush challenged Kerry to answer yes-or-[no] to the question of whether he would have supported the invasion of Iraq "knowing what we know now" about the failure to find weapons of mass destruction (search).

George W.-"I have given my answer. We did the right thing and the world is better off for it,"

In response, Kerry said, "Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have."

Then [Kerry] had a few barbed questions for Bush. Heres the link.
www.foxnews.com...

Here is another link, the title says it all, "Kerry and Edwards Hypocritical on War in Iraq"
www.newsmax.com...

Flip Flop

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Just wait a day or two and he'll flop to some other opinion.
He's certainly entertaining, isn't he?

A nice flip flop would be him actually talking about his 20 years
in the senate instead of avoiding it.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Very predictable. Kerry says what ever he thinks the people want to hear with no intention of backing it up.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
Very predictable. Kerry says what ever he thinks the people want to hear with no intention of backing it up.

Well he's not worse in that regard than the incumbent who said "no child will be left behind". This phrase is now a stock for late night comedians, with school programs being cut across the country. And what about "mission accomplished"? Is it not what people wanted to hear? How did he back it up?

Kerry is probably lacking in character (he would have denounced the war right away if he was not), but one should see beyond the flip-flop label slapped on by neocons. Yes, he's a career politician and whatever comes with it. But he's navigating the muddy waters of todays politics. Dark, dark days.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I dont think Kerry is making it too easy to vote for him. As much as I would like GWB out, Kerry isnt much of an inspriration.

Atleast we know what GWB thinks about things and can make a good guess at what he'll do in the future. He tells you what he thinks about something no matter if it offends or doesnt even make sense. Kerry will just tell you what you want to hear, then tell someone else what they want...ect.

This totally reminds me of the simpsons where the 2 aliens (Kodos and Kang) run for President after capturing Clinton and Dole(?).

Kodos:"You can't stop us now Humans, it's a 2 party system! Hahaha"
Kang: "What are you going to do? Vote 3rd party!? Go ahead, throw your vote away! HAhahahahah!"

later in episode while humans are enslaved...
Homer: "Dont blame me, I voted for Kang"

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Just wait a day or two and he'll flop to some other opinion.
He's certainly entertaining, isn't he?

A nice flip flop would be him actually talking about his 20 years
in the senate instead of avoiding it.

Kerry doesn't show us anything, nothing. We want to know what you plan to do Kerry. One plan for all.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calculon386
Atleast we know what GWB thinks about things and can make a good guess at what he'll do in the future

That is the thought that wakes me up at night laying in a pool of my own sweat.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Kerry wants to focus on his four months in Vietnam because it's such a short period of time that surely he would not have to change anything about his time there. I guess he forgot about his Chirstmas in Cambodia comments that he used on three or more times. Funny thing is that he was never there. I especially like the fact that he carries his "lucky CIA cap" in a briefcase that he always keeps. Kerry is lucky that the media is on his side becuase if the truth were to come out, he would lose in a landslide.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Kerry wants to focus on his four months in Vietnam because it's such a short period of time that surely he would not have to change anything about his time there. I guess he forgot about his Chirstmas in Cambodia comments that he used on three or more times. Funny thing is that he was never there. I especially like the fact that he carries his "lucky CIA cap" in a briefcase that he always keeps. Kerry is lucky that the media is on his side becuase if the truth were to come out, he would lose in a landslide.

It will never stop, the flip flops will be covered up by Flop Flips and then it will Flip Flop back to the Flop Flip which is now a Flip Flop because it Flip Flops what he said originaly.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Calculon386
Atleast we know what GWB thinks about things and can make a good guess at what he'll do in the future

That is the thought that wakes me up at night laying in a pool of my own sweat.

Hmmm, and kerry makes you feel better. Atleast i know Bush is going to do something about terrorism, while Kerry is still trying to figure out if he got his story right in his last nights speech. Kerry needs to press the war on terror issue, the war on terror is going to win this election so he needs to start giving ideas. All i've heard is fighting a smarter war on terror and uniting us with France, Germany, ect. I am not sure what a smarter war on terror means but i would like to know. Now, uniting countries like Germany and France, Kerry is not going to change that. So his wife can speak many different languages, is that supposed to unit the world again. They hate us for our policies, probably the same policies Kerry voted for (i will look that up if yall want).

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Flip flop is a convenient derogatory term. I'm not a fan of Kerry's by any measure, and he's not 100% honest on issues (which is bad), but I say at least part of what you call flipping and flopping, is critically assessing what he knows and he doesn't know. I think he did wrong when he voted to give Bush powers to wage the war, but doing otherwise would brand him as pro-terrorist in our Medieval Witch Hunt atmosphere.

Bush, on the other hand, is not a bright person and thus is reassuringly steadfast with his convictions, especially to people with simple mental constitution. He's still insisting that the WMD will be found, which is now a subject for late night comedy shows. Yes he's very consistent in believing his own lies.

And stop saying "so what Kerry's wife speaks many languages". It just makes you look self-conscious. I think education is great and speaking languages is a fantastic way to educate yourself about the world. Something Bush doesn't care about.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Knowing different languages does not mean you are educated. All it means is that you have the capacity to learn to distinquish different sounds from others and repeat them. I have seen an ape learn sign language, does that mean the ape is more educated than someone who doesn't sign? I do agree that learning a language is a great way to learn about a county, but it's a limited learning. In order to really learn about a country, you must go and live there. You must talk to the "locals" and find out what they are like. I have spent over half my life in different countries, and I can tell you that it's a lot different that what's in a book. Kerry spent 4 months in Vietnam and now he is qualified to be commander in chief? I think not. Why has he refused to discus his years as a senator and his voting record. That is because it will show his willingness to be driven by the wind.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Knowing different languages does not mean you are educated. All it means is that you have the capacity to learn to distinquish different sounds from others and repeat them. I have seen an ape learn sign language, does that mean the ape is more educated than someone who doesn't sign?

The ape talking to humans in that manner is certainly more educated than the ape who doesn't.

I do agree that learning a language is a great way to learn about a county, but it's a limited learning.

It's still quite a lot! I'm glad I learned English so I can read the English and US literature in the language it was written. It wouldn't be the same in translation. I also have a certificate to do technical translation, which is quite educational in itself. My French is pretty bad but boy am I happy to be able to read a paper in that language.

All I'm saying that I assign a great value to it, and I disagree with the "so what" argument. I think that having a language requirement for the US President would make sense, actually

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Aelita, i respect your last post because it was mostly done with intelligence......make that 2 posts ago, you posted a new one while i was typing....... but at the same time you're saying not to judge kerry's change in asessments as flip flopping, you're asserting bush is not a bright person. that too, is a convenient derogatory phrase. this leftist crap that bush is stupid has really gotten out of hand. do dumb people go to Harvard and earn MBA's? do dumb people become successful businessmen? do dumb people work their way up the political system and become president? you would believe yes, and that bush's daddy did all of this for him. have you ever met bush? have you ever spoken with him? i've heard from someone who's spoken with him for over 30 min (a short period of time, yes, but enough time to get an impression of someone) and has said flat out bush isn't a dumb guy. as for your assertion that bush is still insisting that WMD will be found, where do you get that from? i really haven't heard him touch on that subject in some time. perhaps he still has hope that WMD's will be found. that is an understandable hope isn't it? perhaps he does believe there's a possibility that saddam shipped his WMD's to syria, that, afterall, is still a possibility. the point is he's not stubbornly asserting the WMD issue, he merely has hopes. one last thing. any kid nowadays can learn any of a multitude of foreign languages in their school. german, spanish, french, etc. but that does not mean they learn # about the world. it means they sit in a classroom and read from a workbook with periodic lessons from a teacher. granted, this is not the way kerry's wife learned to speak other languages, but it's a demonstration of my point that simply learning another language does not equal learning about the world.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by astroblade]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
you're asserting bush is not a bright person. that too, is a convenient derogatory phrase. this leftist crap that bush is stupid has really gotten out of hand.

I agree. I wonder where people got this notion from. I never had the honor (I'm not being facitious here) of talking to Mr.Bush, but I heard him make speeches on many occasions and they way he chooses to express himself indicates certain shortage of ... capacity, for a lack of a better word.

Also, in situation when he has to answer questions for which no speech was written in advance, he's too often at loss.

do dumb people go to Harvard and earn MBA's?

I went to an Ivy League School... In short, in some cases... Yes.

but it's a demonstration of my point that simply learning another language does not equal learning about the world.

It also brilliantly demonstrates that a Harvard degree in itself doesn't mean much. It also pricipally involves reading workbooks.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
hahahaha, amusing Aelita. remember though, the appearance of simple mindedness does not mean actual stupidity. perhaps in his speeches and Q&A sessions he doesn't come off as a high-class intellectual, but that's what some people like about him. he's not surrounded by that, sometimes arrogant, cloud of intellectualism. but rest assured, he's a bright guy. in response to foreign language, again, just learning to speak one from inside a classroom in no way translates to learning about the world.

new topics

top topics

join