It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Scientist.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The video "Proof Positive" was interesting I believe in auras .But one thing about that did bother me. The aura interpreter reminded me of a psychic reading in which psychic tells the participant what they want to hear,
giving the participant the impression the interpreter is correct.

I'm not too impressed with the answers Moduli gave to the questions Saturn FX and CLPrime asked they seem to lack proper explanation.Moduli seemed to give answers that lacked substance to back up his answers.

So far I'm less sure that Moduli is a real scientist based on the answers he gave.Not to mention Saturn FX sounded way more educated than Moduli.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

String theory is definitely correct. It's not a "speculative" or "controversial" theory.

A theory can not be definitely correct.

A theory is by definition speculative.

String theory is most certainly "controversial" given the fact it made the following proclamations:

-There are actually 11 dimensions, not 3+time. (LOL)

-The conflict between observation and theory is resolved by making the unobserved dimensions compactified.

-No measurable differences can be detected between strings that wrap around dimensions smaller than themselves and those that move along larger dimensions. (What?)

-There are 8 or more competing string theories, none of which is any more scientifically valid than any other (because its all a bunch of bull****).

This clown comes into these forums and mocks the population for being a bunch of simple rubes, while at the same time actively working on a theory that most 5 year olds can see is plainly a bunch of preposterous nonsense.

This is why you don't let the government take money from you people. They end up giving it to clowns like this guy.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Originally posted by Moduli
I am a scientist. Specifically, I'm a theoretical physicist who specializes in high energy particle and string theory.

I'm not here to tell you about the amazing top-secret alien technology I know about (I don't know any), about how science is kept from you by "TPTB" (which is apparently a more formal version of "them") or anyone else (it isn't), or about how the government's technology is years/decades/centuries/millennia beyond normal technology (it's not).

Why do I read these boards? Simply: they're hilarious.

So, basically you're just here to mock us?

Don't you know every guy on the Internet is 6'2", 180 lbs, and has cut washboard abs as well as a PhD and a Mensa membership?

You're obviously a disinformation agent of TPTB.

If you really want to prove your bonafides, tell us how the engine on the captured Roswell saucer works and why free energy technology is being suppressed.

Sheesh, I'll bet you even believe Muslim terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

180lbs? at 6'2"?

Hell, I'd eat you for a light snack I think... I'm 6'2" and 240lbs. That's like a large dog bigger than your ideal dude.

If you weight that much, you wouldn't have washboard abs - you'd have nothing but knees and elbows I think.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Moduli

My question in all of the technical gobblety gook you have already impressed upon us would be.

String Theory isn't exactly new but What has String Theory contributed to improving the world of Science around us ?

Will it allow my home to use less energy or my computer to store more data and/or run more efficiently ?

Will it revolutionize our current propulsion systems use in interplanetary travel ? Allowing us to travel deeper into space then we currently are able to ?

What are it's perceived benefits to Mankind, if any ?

Or is it simply another Theory at the moment ?

Unfortunately I smell another Sock Puppet.

Funny, a week ago one of your peers, I'll call "Septic & Besieger" apparently claimed that we were hiding behind Physics when attempting to "intelligently" discuss the WTC collapse.

Of which he could not partake due to his lack of understanding of fundamental, as in high school level Physics.
The theory of relativity does apply to everything subjected to gravity?

And one week later we now coincidentally have a new Physics expert ? And one who adamantly supports the Original Story?

My days are numbered here ....I am already seeing my account login has changed.
Step one of being banned for merely conveying the truth.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Dude, you are not Scientist!

To say that one theory is correct is funny.

And String theory is just Theory, which does not make sense to me. Actually Nassim H. theory makes more sense to me.

No hard feeling, btw.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I'm also a scientist. I use ATS for similar purposes. There is value in ideas- even wrong-headed ideas. I want to know what a cross section of people think about the topics that consume most of my days- it helps me pinpoint the differences between what I can prove and what I take for granted.

Modull has stated that souls do not exist- the belief here is a choice not grounded in any way to reality and no different from those who believe souls exist.
There is no way to prove that souls do not exist- it is just not fashionable to try proving that they do- and yes much of what goes on in science is driven by 'fashion'.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I dont know much about string theory but I think there is a lot simpler way of describing the fundamental world around us..
String theory is like modern day alchemy

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This thread needs to be moved to "Hoax".

I admit I only made it to reading the 6th page but Moduli is pulling our proverbial "chains" and is no way speaking in a scientific manner.

To state something like "Newton's equations of motion" as proven factual is the icing on the cake.

Newton's equations of motion (v=u+at², etc...) have been PROVEN to be wrong. This is taught to anyone who studies first year physics at university. Newton's equations of motion are CLOSE to what we experience when we model the movement of objects. Newton's equations fail to take into account of minute anomalies that we experience when we model data and then hold it up to real world observations. Even Einstein's relativity equations don't hit the nail-on-"exactly"-the-head, which, has lead to the building of such structures as the "Large Hadron Collider" to investigate these anomalies.

String theory is just that....a theory...and until we examine more data from particle accelerators, extrapolate the results and formulate laws from our findings... it will remain just that... a theory.

SaturnFx...dude...you rock...If I had of been on ATS earlier I would have wholly backed you up when the holes started appearing (e.g. The slit experiment....Why wasn't constructive-destructive interference mentioned in the definition?)

Deny Ignorance.....
edit on 27/6/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I found this interesting, both him and the media expert are here a reason.

Science is not a one belief profession, my uncle was a physicist, and practical application in engineering, and was the head of Canadian Ham Radio Association for years, including going into remote island setups.

Credo and science which is a body that asks questions are not the same thing. Nor does the science for masses compare to the rest.

As to some on ATS, their purpose.

They are running, to save the world, which many feel, they're about to lose. Well its a good song. Awareness is more valuable than any currency.

Running Sarah brightman - live in vienna [HD]

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Moduli,

It's a wonderful world that we live in and one of the most important lessons I've learned while being here is to never, never make any flat-ass statements. About anything.

After this life of yours is over, you're in for a spectacularly rude awakening.

You'll see.

hadituptohere

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
OP may or may not be a scientist.. does it really matter? He is not stupid at least - even if he does come off as condenscending.

Someone who devotes their career to something like string theory, may well say that they know it to be true, even if it a theory - that doesn't prove anything imo. However, he can't possible KNOW that UFOs do not exist. He can't KNOW Roswell did not occur.

I am finding as many funny responses from posters though, as from the OP. So much chest-thumping here.

Oh.. and I find the idea of him being "disinfo" for UFOs laughable as well. Like they would bother setting up someone in a thread here, to muddy the waters about UFOs. On this site, most everyone is already firmly on one side of the fence or the other. One random Joe posting "I'm a scientist.. UFOs are not real!" is hardly going to change anyone's minds on the subject.
edit on 27-6-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
'I am almost exactly 6' tall' coming from a scientist, that does not look right to me, are you sex feet tall, or slightly shorter? 5 feet eleven and half inches? a very small quibble I know, so you calculations are to the nearest 10? 0r 5?
sod it, I'll ignore the decimal point, makes for a more elegant number?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
reply to post by Moduli

I have to admit having read many of the replies now. I'm somewhat horrified. However as a really simple test to establish some basic trust. Here's a fairly well known class of partial differential equations:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37c31df239de.jpg[/atsimg]

It would be helpful if you could identify what it describes. I know it's easy, but gotta build trust somehow right? If nothing else it should assuage the doubts of some of the more paranoid ATS denizens.

Although I can guess what answer you want him to give, I think you are entirely missing the point he made. Equations on their own are meaningless. It's only when we give a semantic meaning to the symbols that occur in them that they start to be meaningful.

Posting random equations and asking what they mean is not a test of whether he is an academic. It's a really good way to annoy the guy though. Accuse him of not being an academic because he refuses to answer your stupid question which only displays how ignorant you are.

What do you think Feynmann would say if you asked him what those equations meant? I can absolutely assure you, he'd be just as stubborn as the OP.

Why don't you ask him a delicate question about some area of his own speciality that he should be able to answer. If he successfully answers it, then you know that he is for real.

If I were trying to determine if someone was in my area, I might ask them for the eigenvalues of the Hecke operator T3 acting on the space of holomorphic cusp forms of weight 12 and level 1 and then ask what the Ramanujan tau function had to do with this. I'd ask him to give as full an answer as he could in the language of his field.

Actually, if the good Dr. really is working in string theory as a theoretical physicist, he probably knows the answer to this question (though he might not too -- it depends what he actually works on -- you might get further asking someone who works on mirror symmetry).

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sjorges2002

I'm also a scientist. ....There is no way to prove that souls do not exist....

Sorry, science has proven souls exist:

www.snopes.com...

Can anyone answer my question in this thread a few pages back?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

LOL... at long last, a spectacular truth in song within a fav concert performance. Gotta love a gothic opera, guaranteed smile material.... errr unlike the OP and 'string theory' and 'I am a scientist'. Doh ! Size matters !... 'my ego is just outside the parameters of the big bang effect'.
Ok OP, you were smart enough to find an audience for your ego... at best its been a social experiment in stupidity by working off a theory of supremacy... that equates to a light hearted comical cheeseburger. Thank goodness for Sarah B at the finish line.... or perhaps its just intermission time. Either way... I'm taking da piss.

Ps... standing ovation for the vid input Unity_99. Gosh that chic is sexy.
edit on 27-6-2011 by LexiconV because: added a ps.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
And the quality of content on ATS slowly continues to dwindle down the drain...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Maybe I'm missing something here, but those don't look like partial differential equations? They look like the integral forms of certain fundamental equations of EM.
edit on 27-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Moduli,

Too many replies to keep going through here.

I've got a statement and a question for you:

1. (statement) You've got a lot to share, and it's desperately needed here of all places, but the condescending method of delivery will greatly diminish it's impact... jus' sayin'

2. (question) Why don't you believe in God? To "case" the question a little better - is it a "can't prove it" thing or a "don't feel it" thing?

3. (I lied, another bullet for conversation's sake) The more we look into things, the more complex (or simple?) they become. That in-and-of itself drives me to the belief that there is an intention behind the creation itself. You seem to be very versed in the "how" of things... where do you stand on the "why" of things?

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join