It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Scientist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have another question, how about death and string theory?

And thank you for your reply, so string theory is going to make things faster, more efficient, or are we going to look at everything we know from a new point of view?

I find it very fascinating!

peace
edit on 26/6/11 by sevensheeps because: update

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
what are your views on the theories of Nassim Haramein?
theresonanceproject.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Mr Scientist.

Hopefully your claims are legit and you can add some valueable insight when pseudoscience pops up. the more brain power we get behind the subjects, the better

quick question, What is a soul made out of?

follow-up question...if you were part of a scientific group from an advanced race, and decided to create a entity that had both a body and a soul for the entity...what would you use to make the soul and how would you implement it?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
This may not fit into the type of questions you desire to answer but I have three.

Do you believe that astral travelling and out of body experiences are scientifically possible?

No, definitely not.

Is reincarnation possible? If so, how and why?

No, there is no remotely plausible mechanism by which this could happen.

What are your opinions on Rh negative blood?

I don't know what this is.

Do you believe there is a physiological mechanism connected to blood and blood types that transcends time and space?

I doubt it. That doesn't even mean anything.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Your one hilarious dude.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Moduli

Thank you for your answers.

Enjoy your time here.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
And then all of a sudden we have people from the media, scientist, army, etc etc etc.

I will give this guy the benefit of the doubt
pretending to be a scientist is easily debunked...eventually your contributions will be noted as either accurate or nonsense by other actual scientists on the board.

like pretending to be a math professor then screwing up simple equasions..

saying your in the media, or an admiral in the navy or some such goes strictly on faith and your word suddenly becomes gospel...but saying your a scientist allows for no such thing...and given there are a considerable number of highly educated people in many fields on ATS...such imposters will have a very short lifespan in such false claims....so sure...believe they are a scientist, then watch to see if they can actually fill the shoes properly.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
But I forgot something, you are talking about a early universe What if the universe is infinitely infinite and is here and has always been here, as a theoretical scientist you could agree that it is possible?!

edit on 26/6/11 by sevensheeps because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Moduli

Hello there! Hope you feel better soon!

I'm not learned in physics, but I do have a question if it's within your scope to answer.

Are all of these super colider experiments aiming at creating something of use (alternate power source, a new space age way to travel, etc.) or are they just for knowledge and fun? Also, what kind of bad could happen when these experiments go awry?

Thanks for any light you can shine on these questions, and welcome!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's tough, to come here with ACTUAL insight on a particular subject. I am an ex police officer (disinfo agent, government provocateur, agent of the NWO all that jazz\) while I'm here. I stick around because there is some very dangerous and very wrong information floating around this site on multiple subjects, that can do some harm. This site has a way of gathering the gullible into believing even the "technobabble" that exists here. Some people have changed their lives for the worse, because of the wrong information on this site.

That said, I hope you stick around and become some stability to the chaos theories that can exist. To be the shadow of doubt where dangerous information is presented.. a debunker with sense. Though you'll get ridiculed, etc..at least you've done your part to help the proper information be seen. And some people ACTUALLY come here for the debunkers, so they don't fall victim to believing the wrong thing and avoid panic. haha.

I do have a science question. Not so much related to the string theory...just simple science.

My dad and I have built old hot rods since I was a kid. We see these stories on vehicles that can run on distilled water. From what I understand from what science I do know (which is a few years of university biology only) some of the theories seem like they could be feasible. I'm not going to "buy" one of these systems over the internet, but with my mechanical experience, I wonder....do you think that this is something that is entirely feasible? And could a couple of "hot rodders" build one, without much ``science`` backgrounds?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Me to, I always give anyone the benefit of the doubt, I was just giving him a heads up on all the flaming that will come to this tread.

I meant to disrespect my friend

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 26/6/11 by sevensheeps because: dp hehehe

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Do you believe in god?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Does it matter?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Moduli

To answer these questions: It doesn't exist, and I do.

Ok..these responses pretty much tell me what you are all about.....disinfo..

see ya...wouldn't wanna be ya

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Regarding the double slit experiment how do you say nothing special is going on when the results of the experiment change simply by observing it?

As I explained, measurement is an abstraction used to make things easier to calculate. The actual "process" that happens is an interaction with the environment and has nothing to do a living "observer" doing anything, it's just an interaction, which is with the physical experimental setup, not the actual experimenter!

In fact, the right way to think of "wave function collapse" is by the evaluation of a conditional probability. It's no shock the probability changes--that's the whole point! (en.wikipedia.org...)

Originally posted by kurifuri
Nah, in a seriousness, I too find this site highly amusing. The religion section is particularly outrageous.

It's got some amazing stuff! Though a few days ago one of the threads there did lead me to some hilarious youtube videos...

BUT... with you description i was thrown off. I was under the impression that string theory allowed for different universes? Not that i understand the concept of other universes very well, nor do i believe it.

It does! But that's not a problem! Normal physics does this too! The neat thing about string theory is that it does this in a "controllable" manner. The way normal physics does it is through adjusting "adjustable"parameters (e.g., "imagine a universe where electromagnetism is twice as strong"). String theory does this in a more complicated way, because it relates "everything to everything else" in some sense.

And being able to describe other universes doesn't require that they exist. It's not clear if string theory (or other theories) require other universes with different physical laws to exist (although for various reasons it's generally expected that they do). But it may well be that lots of different universes *can* exist ("could have"), but for whatever reason, only ours *does*.

On a side note: Now that i have physicist here i would like to ask about the God Particle and the effect its discovery could have on technology and the way we view the world in general?

The "god particle" is the Higgs, no physicist calls it that
. And in terms of technology? I don't really know, it's not clear to me how that specific thing could have direct applications. It's hard to make, so any applications of it would have to exist in that hard to make regime. There are applications of particle physics at "high" energy (e.g., scanning things with particle beams) but the Higgs is produced at energies much higher than this so I don't see any obvious direct applications.

Indirect applications exist, though, because understanding the details of how the Higgs works specifically tells us how our theories can work in general, which do have applications to every day things (e.g., the math behind the Higgs mechanism is roughly the same as the math used to understand phase transitions in condensed matter systems).

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hi, welcome. I hope youhave some fun here, and we get some answeres, seems like a fair trade! lol

Does string theory really predict multiple dimensions? If so, would these be the types of dymensions to harbour life, as ours does? Do you see a possability of communication or travel between dimensions?

The big bang...... they said on TV that a few secconds after the big bang the universe was already thousands of light years accross. How is this possible if nothing can travel faster than light? Surely it would have deen no larger then a few light secconds accross after that time? I personally don't beleive there ever was a big bang!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Getting personal is never a good idea because the T&C's actually warn against such behaviour on ATS.

When a new member, like Moduli (or whoever) takes the time to join this website, I think it's beyond rude to immediately question their credibility before they get a chance to prove who they say they are by their posting history.

Welcome to ATS, Moduli.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Moduli

To answer these questions: It doesn't exist, and I do.

Ok..these responses pretty much tell me what you are all about.....disinfo..

see ya...wouldn't wanna be ya

-blinks-

really? you find him to be spreading non-factual information because he doesn't accept a flying saucer is in a secret lab somewhere? heh...

Actually, my skepticism is pretty much confirmed by the failure of the double slit experiment explanation...
almost had it right...however, the collapse of the wave into a matter behavior came from the photonic interaction...(literally, observing did alter the state...but not magically..the photons created a reaction to the wave)...that is how it is explained in QP circles..not a narrowing of the wavelength.

So ya...thats wrong...oh well, maybe QP isn't his thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Is there such things as gravitons?

Or a particle that accounts for the gravity force

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join