It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Scientist.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i could have found out everything you just said in minutes and pretended to be a scientist...why should any of us believe you?

and how does being a scientist allow you to know any of this stuff i quote you for saying.

Originally posted by Moduli

I'm not here to tell you about the amazing top-secret alien technology I know about (I don't know any), about how science is kept from you by "TPTB" (which is apparently a more formal version of "them") or anyone else (it isn't), or about how the government's technology is years/decades/centuries/millennia beyond normal technology (it's not).

it doesnt

my personal opinion on this entire thread is that in order for you to get your point accross to us you've done a little research and tried to pass yourself off as a scientist and therefore a more credible source of information in order to try and make more people read and listen to your point.

the very fact that your thread title only says "im a scientist" means your trying to use that to grab attention. as if being a scientist is the ultimate accolade.

im calling BS on this one!

edit on 26-6-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
SaturnFX is as usual, abrasive and entertaining.

Am I really abrasive?

hmm...perhaps I need some netiquette courses...I always thought my posts were just direct and at times, humorous...hmm

Perhaps I need to employ more smile's

(2 just in case)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Link to hidden hands thread? Sounds funny

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

Your moms reproduction system.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

There are two other force besides gravity and EM. The strong nuclear force and the weak nuclear force. Pretty lame names if you ask me. Not nearly as much is known about them as gravity and EM.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So.. The OP is telling everyone that he is able to count.... Then throws string theory in their to make sure everyone knows he can count?
Either way welcome to the 1+1=3 forums.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Your aggressiveness is astounding. THREE smiles, how dare you.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Your aggressiveness is astounding. THREE smiles, how dare you.Well i double posted, so to take up space here is my impression of Bill O'Reilly.

Where did the moon come from?

How did it get there?

You cant explain that...
edit on 26-6-2011 by kurifuri because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2011 by kurifuri because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew that gravity is the 5th dimension and trying to use our current dimensions to explain it is futile. It would be like explaining the 4th dimension with rulers.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Seem the op has gone..?
And left it's minion here to troll..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Everything exist in three dimension except maybe waves i think. If i am wrong your post still makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

How sweet...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

SaturnFX is as usual, abrasive and entertaining.

Am I really abrasive?

hmm...perhaps I need some netiquette courses...I always thought my posts were just direct and at times, humorous...hmm

Perhaps I need to employ more smile's

(2 just in case)

You dont question the "entertaining" part?

Maybe that was the wrong description. How do you feel about "confrontational"?

I was just picking. You generally have facts to back up your claims, and you are very matter of fact.

And smileys would certainly insinuate a more playful nature, FYI.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by solid007
I know where this going , string theory main concept is to eliminate GOD.

Francis Bacon, the famous philosopher, has rightly said that a little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God. Scientists today are eliminating models of God, but they are not eliminating God.
edit on 26-6-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

Oh thank God someone has actually said it...Phew, This is my exact opinion on this phantom war between God and Science, why, just why can't there be both. I constantly tell people, "the more I learn and grow as a scientist, the more I believe in a God."

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Since the whole point of the thread is dead now that the OP is gone i guess its time to pack up.

Last post wins cake.

I win.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Moduli

Hi there Moduli,

Quite neat presentation, and one that's right in the kisser

I've got an interesting question for you, and it doesn't have much to do with theoretical physics, rather than basic such...

Imagine a flat perfect solid triangle. Position it vertically, so that the top/bottom are pointing at horizontal directions. Then, imagine this flat solid triangle travels through air in the position described, in horizontal direction. I don't know how much piloting has to do with theoretical physics, but as you're a scientist I'm interested in your take on the following question: In what way can such flight characteristics be achieved technologically, and are there any positives of a flat triangle flying in such a manner, still considering this one negative, of course - the air resistance and total lack of aerodynamics from that certain position.

Thanks in advance

edit to add - Damn, am I late?

edit on 26-6-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moduli

Originally posted by mb2591
Do you believe in aliens?

I do not believe any aliens are visiting Earth. There may be aliens out there somewhere else, and those guys may even be intelligent! However we have no good handle on how easy it is for the biochemical processes that create life are, and under what conditions and for what time periods they must persist so we can't estimate the number of places life will be in the universe or galaxy (well, we can't estimate better than "at least one"!)

You come to ATS claming to be a Know it all Scientist with a degree in theory and the best you can give us on alien life is "There may be aliens out there some where else."

Whatever. yawn.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

gravity is the matter that was in this universe before the big bang ripped a whole into this universe from another one..the pressure that caused the big bang also pushed in the matter we see all around us today..
the matter that was originaly here is undetectable because its so different...
we only know its there because it repells matter like oil repells water..
thats why planets are round etc..
just like pouring oil onto water it makes the same shapes as stars ,planets and galaxys...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Based on the accepted extremely localised nature of the strong force, and the unlikeliness of the weak force (which many physicists have claimed can now be unified with electro-magnetism) having a significant contribution to the continuous assembly of atoms/molecules into the said grouping, I thought I would exclude them from my question.

Is it not fair enough to assume that - in terms of modern materialist academic science, at least - that the major players in the extremely organised assembly of these inanimate building blocks into the 'animated' entities that we - and to be honest even bological cells - are, would be the 'big boys' of the macroscopic world: gravity and electro-magnetism?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You dont question the "entertaining" part?

Oh no...I consider myself very entertaining.. Right up there with minesweeper (with more explosions)

Maybe that was the wrong description. How do you feel about "confrontational"?

F--- you!

I was just picking. You generally have facts to back up your claims, and you are very matter of fact.

or what passes for fact and goes unchallenged anyhow.

And smileys would certainly insinuate a more playful nature, FYI.

Agreed

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join