It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists Murdered As Amazon Logging Laws Scrapped, Big Business Free-For-All Rape To Commence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is disgraceful. The blatant big business raping of the Amazon rainforest to get free hand.

Several respected anti-logging activist murdered to shut everyone up.

How come this isn't in the western news.

english.pravda.ru...

The Brazilian House of Representatives has just approved the abandonment of the Brazilian Forestry Code. If we do not mobilize now, huge expanses of our forests may be vulnerable to a devastating deforestation. The bill has generated widespread outrage and protests across the country. And the tension is rising...

The bill has generated widespread outrage and protests across the country. And the tension is rising: in recent weeks several respected environmental activists were murdered, allegedly by assassins hired by illegal loggers. It is essential to act now. They are trying to silence any criticism as the law is being debated in the Senate. But President Dilma has the power to veto the changes if we can persuade her to overcome the political pressure and take the role of a true leader on environmental issues.

Seventy-nine percent of Brazilians want Dilma to veto changes in the Forest Code, but our voices are being challenged by lobbyists for the timber. Now, it depends on us all mobilizing to shut out these lobbies. Let us unite now in a huge call to end the killings and illegal logging and save our forests. Sign the petition below - it will be delivered to Dilma when we get 500,000 signatures so:

www.avaaz.org...

edit on 26-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My McAfee sees the Pravda site with a "site adviser" warning. Sorry I cannot view the material based on that, the original link in the "quote" is not in a language I know.

I do not discredit the information as I believe our World is as evil as it gets, and lobbyist will have us all eating modified foods and breathing through respirators if they could. All Lobbying should be banned forever, it is the constituent that should be heard and obeyed!

This World of man needs to end and the Forest will replace itself! I will never understand this Species of ours, or should I say this "domestic" nature of ours as we are no longer a Species but a hybrid creation incapable of speaking to trees!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

It is in Portuguese

Try running the page through this site.
www.microsofttranslator.com...

It translated fine for me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Sadly, it is not just the Amazon.

This sort of activity is well-documented when it comes to big money eyeballing a nation's natural resources. Those that oppose, must be marginalized if not downright "neutralized". What's been done in many African nations is utterly horrible to say the least.

Example: Congo Conflict Minerals

The Amazon situation is yet another chapter in the onward march towards hell on earth.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this matter. S & F!

Peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a very important issue. However, I have to say, your source, Pravda, is nothing more than Russia's version of The National Enquirer. I'd suggest you stop using them as a source if you wish to maintain credibility. You would think that your last thread about the alien graves would have been enough for you to stop referencing them as a valid source.
Edit to add: Sorry, I didn't realize that you didn't realize that your last story came from Pravda. We all did tell you on that thread that they were an unreliable source though. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk or anything either, I was just giving friendly advice.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
so thats what obama was doing in brasil

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Congratulations to the people of Brazil.

A government that lets its citizens take advantage of its countries natural resources?

No wonder Brazil only has a 6% unemployment rate.

top topics

join