It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let your eyes fool you

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I don't get the first one. Is the invisible man the black guy? If so I saw him on the first look.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Good OP. I must admit though, I didn't see anything in the second one. The first one was pretty funny though. lol And the last one, that was really cool.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Great post man. This is a subject i have a keen interest in, because there is nothing more paramount than reality. Or more specifically observed and interpreted reality. great stuff keep up the good work.

oh yeah S&F
edit on 27-6-2011 by tim3lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I know exactly what Reality is

btw really great post OP.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Very nice find and very good way to prove a point I have been trying to make here on ATS.

I didn't see the invisible man until the second time.

I did see and was shocked at the naughty picture I thought I saw in the second frame (and i'm a old heterosexual happily married woman
)

and it took me twice to see the colored walls.

Now take this one step further............as stated previously, we are a three dimensional being whose eyes work in a very limited capacity, same goes for our hearing, sense of smell, taste and probably touch.........

An eagle can see way better than us

A bear can smell even better than a blood hound and or human

A shark can sense, hear your heart beating and taste a drop of blood over a mile away

And on and on the list goes

Yet you find that people here on ATS say, wel I've never seen, heard or felt a .....................

We being 3d humans are VERY LIMITED.

There could be and now scientists are saying there probably is a whole parallel world, dimensions, multiverses going on right along side of us and we just can't pick up on it with our current tech or our current 3d limited physical capacity.

That's why I love when a closed minded, arrogant person comes on board here and says, "there is no such thing as............."

You've just proven my point.

I'm surprised I didn't see the invisible man right off, usually I catch these things.

The woman's neck
I didn't think my mind ran along those lines...........now think of advertising and even what we are picking up on TV on a subliminal level and in the post I did a few years back I got blasted on that one, most people saying, "oh it's impossible to fool me".

And the walls...........for me that was the hardest one.

Now, I was born with a high frequency hearing loss and cataracts.

The cataracts can and have been corrected when I was 20. Until I was twenty I didn't know I had freckles.

When I wear hearing aids (which don't really help just amplify sounds because a high frequency hearing loss means you don't pick up consonants) I never heard rain.

Yet people don't realize if you have never seen freckles or heard rain you are not aware of what you are missing because until you have seen freckles or heard rain you've never seen freckles or heard rain to begin with.........what are the rest of all of us missing?

Again going back to the eagle, an eagle can spot a fish from (not sure of exact height) but a lot further higher up than we could, maybe cats see things we don't and that is why they gowl or hiss at stuff seemingly when nothing is in the room. Maybe when people see "ghosts" what they are seeing are other "beings or people" that have traveled or gone over to another dimension???

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, keep a open (not gullible) mind and don't think because you see something or don't see something that is all there is and no more.

We are severly limited in these 3d shells we call bodies...............sometimes you must listen with your heart.

Now maybe David Icke doesn't sound so made after all.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Cool pictures, I had not seen many of them. Regarding the invisible man I also do not thing it is just a trick of the mind. It is an issue of many things.

Foreground vs Background: In these images there are usually a few white guys lined up in a group and then a black guy standing behind them.

Odd man out: 3 white guys and a black guy, you tend to group them and miss the 'odd man out'. I would imagine 3 black guys standing in a line with a white guy peeking over their shoulders would produce a similar effect.

Background contrast: Many times these images are taken in poor lighting conditions, where the light skin stands out and dark skin tends to blend in.

Camera contrast, white balance, color balance, etc: There are many different settings on todays point and shoot cameras as well as the monitors you view the images on. If you saw this in real life at the party you most likely wouldnt miss the black guy.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is an interesting post and area of investigation. In regard to the OP's inquiry about more information pertaining to how much the subconscious mind takes in imagery, I would offer the suggestion of reading The Biology of Belief by Bruce H. Lipton PhD. The author also offers many insights related to the nature of consciousness and how it can and does interact with human physiology. My perception of the second set of grouped images, of course zeroed in on the "suggested" image couched in the neck, but I also noted a "suggested" tongue in the shadow on the woman/s neck in the adjacent image to the right. Look for it ... it's sort of pointy.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
you see what you want to see? thats a good thing right?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I would never have seen what others are seeing in the second picture had it not been pointed out. Even looking at it now, to me that is so ill defined, that I have no idea how others even picked up on that supposed "naughty" illusion.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

In the above image, there is an invisible person, first time I saw the image, I didn't see the invisible person, but when you see it, there's nowhere for him to hide, your eyes won't trick you again. You see what you want to see, even though you can see him, you can't.

Well if its the black guy behind the three white dudes, then I saw him the first time. If its some other invisible person than I dont see it. Give me a clue. But if anyone thinks they missed the black guy cause their "racists" that has nothing to do with it. Your eyes/mind is designed to be attracted or drawn to bright objects. So you naturally look at the first three bright objects you see and will have naturally skipped over background detail once you focused on those three faces.

There is something seriously wrong with the above image, once again, you see what you want to see, I, like most men will probably see something very rude

Man, if somebody didnt mention it, I wouldnt have seen it. I was focused on the second picture.
First picture is definitely subliminal adverstising. I wonder if women saw it too?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
I would never have seen what others are seeing in the second picture had it not been pointed out. Even looking at it now, to me that is so ill defined, that I have no idea how others even picked up on that supposed "naughty" illusion.

This.

It's nothing I would have figured out on my own.

I still don't think I know what everyone else is seeing.

Even after the "men" hint, I'm baffled that it required such a bend in reality to understand what the deal was...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Wow! that was awesome, i did something very explicit at first but when i looked again i saw it for what it truly was. I have a theory that children can see more clearly what reality truly is. Its the reason why very small children get afraid when they are around very bad people.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Yes it was the black guy

When I first looked at the image, I didn't see the invisible guy, look again, when I saw him, it made me feel guilty and I started laughing at the same time. I uploaded the picture on my facebook, my Somalian friend from Uni saw it and he couldn't see it too at the first sight lol.. But it isn't racist, it is funny, mind boggling and deceptive.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Firstly, the black man among the white men only "works" with white people, especially from countries where you'll find much more whites than blacks. I live in a country where you'll find more blacks than whites and people are generally more likely to "mix" so I don't see the black man as an "invisible" man. I had to reach much of the thread before I realised that the black man was supposedly the "invisible" man. I'm not saying it's racism though, just not something as common in your hood as in mine and related to your POV.

As for the the eye being "imperfect", I beg to differ. The eye is a pretty powerful instrument which misses nothing. It's all in your brain. Afaik the brain records every single thing we perceive with all our senses, most of us just don't know how to retrieve it. If I put something somewhere and my girlfriend moves it somewhere else (which happens often enough
), I will search all around the thing looking for it. It is right there in front of me but I cannot "see" it cos it's not where I put it. The strange thing is that I "forgot" where I put it but some part of my brain remembers where it was and expects it to be there.

As an aside, I am called "coloured" in South Africa, i.e. someone who has black and white ancestry. Americans will call me black and I'm fine with that

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Like others have said, one should be careful not to confuse the mind with the brain.
The mind does have a say in what you "want" to see and what not; the brain, however, does not.
And there certainly are people who will see the jungle through ALL of the perspectives offred (and more), just not simultaneously. The order of viewing depends as much on the mood of the viewer as it does on their professional bias or other similar factors.

The array of photos was a mixed bag. The second set of photos, for example, certainly was a "mind" (not a brain) thing. And I must say, I still don't know what others have seen in it. I have seen nothing beyond the obvious (intended) images. In other words, I did try but I don't see anything "rude".

The building photo, on the other hand, is purely a brain thing. In the negative version the walls are colored, which results in an atuomatic after-image of their complementary colors. All people with normal sight will see the same colors, because it's a brain thing - not a "mind" (volitive) thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Now that was very cool, I did not see the man in the middle and the color play in that building video was awesome! I noticed if you keep staring the color will fade away but if you move your eyes it goes right back to black in white

You do indeed, see what you want to see in this world.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Cool stuff, and so true in many ways we only see what we want to see. But what we want to see is only what we can fathom of seeing.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
For those who can't figure it out, the 2nd photo looks like a woman spreading her vagina open. If hints can't get you to figure it out, I guess someone just has to come out and say it.

As for the "invisible" man, I was looking to the left as it looked like someone was pushing on the kid's shoulder. Then when I saw the black guy I thought he was a ghost.

The third image, even without looking at the weird colors (consciously at least) still looked like it was colored to me (though much duller than when staring at the colors first).

Cool pictures.
edit on 3-7-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Excellent! Thank You very much for posting this.
8')

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join