It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Terror: Another Frame Up Collapses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think I have to agree with Sauron on this. No dissrespect lilblam, but I don't think we have come as far and obtained the rights that we do have by not doing anything.

I can understand your point of view though, I can imagin the oppression that slaves must have went through, and how hopeless it must have felt. But, through popular support and a lot of struggle people overcame that.

Yes, changing the way our society thinks and the way our government works does seem like an impossible task, but we can't give up hope, and like Sauron I think that is something worth fighting and even dieing for.

A wise man once said "If you can't find something to live for, then you better find something to die for"!!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I see the task as overwhelming...but it must be done.

I think, perhaps, that another civil war is coming. But this time, instead of fighting North and South..it'll be citizens vs gov't. Anybody else think this?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Lilbiam,
Interesting, and I mean no disrespect to you what you have written it makes very good sense, but I draw a line here That is the point where you move on to another world, to learn OTHER lessons, and leave this world to those who wish to play their psychopathic games of the "predator", and wage war.
so are you saying do nothing its hopeless? Sit still take the chains of slavery, because we cant change our world? And when you die you will go to, for a lack of better terms a better place?
I would rather die fighting for a better tomorrow a free man than live the rest of my life on my knees as a slave. Either way I will still move on when my time is done but at lest I will pass on knowing I tried to help my fellow man, my family, my children and friends, isnt that the greater good? Yes I know Good or Bad is subjective, but doing nothing but watching is useless and giving in to tyranny, I came here like we all did to learn and spiritually grow, I think that means helping my fellow man and future generation
out from under oppression.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Sauron]

I think you misinterperted something, or I said it wrong. What I meant was, YOU don't have to submit to anything, and you can freely offer help to all who ask and also wish to liberate themselves from oppression and control. But the point where you start "attacking" the oppressors is the point when you become the oppressor yourself. Defense is fine, you have free will, and there is no reason why you should give up your control of yourself to other beings for any reason. However, to attempt to control THEM instead, or to alter the world through the use of force, is to become an oppressor yourself, to fall into the trap, because ultimately, they have much more power than you no matter WHAT you do. The "control system" is operated by forces beyond just this planet, and if you want to FIGHT them, you have to work very hard at oppressing others and controlling all that you can, so you inevitably work your way up the service-to-self hierarchy and become one of the "elite", and eventually one of the "puppet masters". Only then do you stand a chance to form this world into what you want. Otherwise, the fight is INSIDE of you. If you wake YOURSELF up and refuse to submit, others may follow of their OWN free will, and the more people personally CHOOSE not to be slaves and to wake up, the less control the "powers that be" have over them.

All I said was, be an inspiration, not an influence

-Mike

[edit on 12-8-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Lilblam
I apologize for misunderstanding you.
You are absolutely right in what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ah sorry I edited my previous post after you replied (you replied while I was editing), I thought it was too long. But the point I was trying to make is retained.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Indeed the oppression of slavery was overcome, which gives hope. It just took time, as does everything....but hopefully, eventually we'll overcome our oppression too. Excellent posts, guys!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks for all of you who have shared your thoughts on this thread. It's been an interesting conversation. I hope it continues.

Here's a good article I found in my cyber travels today.

Disinformation: CIA Posing as Al-Qaeda?

08/21/03: (Liberty Forum) This professionally managed website [Jihad Unspun] with eyecatching design and graphics and daily news features, video store and reporters emerged on the net sometime after Sept. 11th 2001.
What really struck me as odd was all the professional glitz of the website as well as its deliberate attempt to look Arabic . . .

From what I know of pro-jihad websites, they operate on a shoestring budget, provided they happen to find volunteers and donors who are willing to risk being deported and detained. They get kicked off from ISP to ISP and use cheap frontpage templates. Real Jihad websites try to imitate the West in web design rather than coming up with colors that seem to resemble the robes of a sand dune shape and Arabic shaped English text. One such authentic website was the one run by a well known Saudi dissident, Azzam.com. More about Azzam later.

Now getting back to Jihadunspun (JUS), the Related links tab first displayed the address of some Muslim name in British Columbia Canada. So right in our backyard we have a semi Al Qaeda operation which unlike Azzam doesnt even lose its ISP, let alone get shut down.

Next, take a closer look at the website.....This is a very sophisticated operation and I am sure that even some of its own Muslim reporters have no clue what is going on. . . .
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Interesting website! Thanks for posting that.

I was going to say...I thought these terrorists hung out in caves and the like, running from the big baddass US military..pshaw. They must get hella good wi-fi or something and have elite webpage building skills. *sigh*

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
and just as a funny...

since Presidential campaigns are into playing some sort of song....I found one for Bush:

Mike and the Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amber83
since Presidential campaigns are into playing some sort of song....I found one for Bush:

Mike and the Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle

Excellente'!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join