It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of "best space shuttle weird stories"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
I don't know if this qualifies as "weird" enough, but it's my understanding that debris from Challenger continued to wash up on shore at the cape for years after the accident, and pieces are still found once in a while after a major storm blows through. An uncle of mine who made his living lobstering off the coast claims to have seen parts of Challenger on the ocean floor (long after the accident), I was never sure if that part was one of his tall tales though. While on the subject of submerged rocket debris, do you happen to know if there are any plans to recover debris from any of the spent S-1C stages?

I've heard the same.

also along those lines -- after Columbia went down over East Texas, searchers eventually recovered nine bodies. Seven were astronauts -- the other two included a hunter who had gone missing years earlier with a fatal heart attack, and a gangland killing victim whose killers had assumed nobody would EVER look so hard as to come across the body....

Speaking of bodies, there also the rumor of a worker's body trapped inside one of the throwaway external tanks...

As for completely weird shuttle stories, this one takes the cake in my book:
www.textfiles.com...
Apparently STS-1 was a disaster and killed John Young and Bob Crippen. You thought they were still alive? No, they died 30 years ago and were replaced by replicants after Columbia was destroyed by the Russians... lol.

Definitely top of my current list of crazy ivans. THANKS!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
On the way to the moon when the astronauts try to sleep they see flashes of light. They are bombarded by cosmic rays and can visually pickup the collisions in their eye balls. Not exactly a space shuttle story but its pretty cool. I have heard stories of shuttle crew seeing weird balls of light similar to ball lightning inside and outside the shuttle.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
There's also Michio Kaku's theory that shuttle SRB exhaust is destroying the ozone layer.

<< 1   >>

join