It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Slams Absurd Libya War Powers Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Ron Paul Slams Absurd Libya War Powers Debate

www.infowars.com

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.), a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, came down hard today against a House bill (HR 2278) that would have limited the use of funds for the U.S.’s involvement in the Libya War. The House also rejected the limited funding bill for the Libya War, while also striking down a resolution that would have authorized the limited use of U.S. Armed Forces in Libya.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I dont care what you want to call it. The last time I checked, bombing another country into submission is an act of war. It doesnt matter what definition this administration wants to make up to justify it's actions. War is WAR.

The fact is, Obama did not go to congress. He is acting on behalf of the American people as if he were a King and what does congress do? Nothing. Cowards that cant even defund his dictatorial actions. And here is Ron Paul, the only politician in our country that will actually stand behind the constitution and still the American people will never vote for him.

How many more wars are we going to fund with our hard earned money? How much more "nation building" do we need to pay for while our own cant even keep a roof over their head? How much longer are we going to let this President lie to us? Another 4 years?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
You know whats crazy... that first paragraph along with the way the media worded the title of the article (and I googled to see what other sources there were, and they're all misleading) gave me the impression that Ron Paul was supporting the war, and I was shocked. I actually had to read the article to get what it was saying and I thought this was important to quote. Emphasis mine.

Today, Paul told his colleagues that the limited funding bill was not what it appeared to be. Paul argued that the Libya bill “masquerades as a limitation of funds for the president’s war on Libya but is in fact an authorization for that very war.” The purpose of the Libya bill was to “limit the use of funds appropriated to the Department of Defense for United States Armed Forces in support of North Atlantic Treaty Organization Operation Unified Protector with respect to Libya.”

Paul pointed out that if HR 2278 passes, “the president would be authorized to use US Armed Forces to engage in search and rescue; intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; aerial refueling; and operational planning against Libya.” As of this time, without a declaration of war or congressional authorization, the president doesn’t have the authority to conduct these activities.

As for him getting elected... well I think part of the problem is the lack of coverage he's getting with MSM. To me it seems like its all Romney this and Romney that, but I dont bother to read those articles (I'm guilty, I ignore msm as much as possible)

HOPEFULLY, even if HR2306 (you'll have to google that one) doesn't pass, its pure existance will be enough to get him more notoriety. I like to believe that the people who aren't voting for Ron Paul, are the people who are unaware of Ron Paul altogether.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Couldnt agree more. If one listens to his speech and takes the time to understand it, both bills are a back door way to give the President enough authority to do what he is already doing.

Despite the establishment and the media's blatant attempts to misrepresent, smear and marginalize Ron Paul, I have never seen so much support for him, even on corporate media sites.

Take for example the following poll. Time claims that they will publish the results in their July 08, 2011 edition. I'll be SHOCKED if they actually do it but I'm voting nonetheless and will check the actual magazine to see if they follow through, especially if RP continues to win.

Time magazine poll.

The time has come for America to stand up and it looks like we are doing just that.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

thanks for the poll link - gonna vote - I vote everytime they post one on my FB too
shame I have to pick 2 of them... :X

He's got a huge chunk of the pie after my vote - 56.2% (romney at 31.6%)
edit on 26-6-2011 by Forevever because: % post-vote

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
4 More years.

Yes we can.

Hope and Change.

Holy Crap!.

We are Screwed!

Another War!

More Government Control!

Hurray!!!!

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I fear that Ron Paul is the Susan Lucci of Presidential Elections.

Always a finalist, but never taking the trophy.

That is unfortunate. He may not be the best president...but he can't suck worse than what we have had and will have.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

After I finished voting, they showed me the exact same % for Ron Paul, 56.2% yet Romney was at 31.2%...

Of-course certain percentages will remain the same if neither Romney or Paul are selected but that doesn't explain why RP's number would remain constant.

If anyone else votes, can you please post the % results for Ron Paul and Romney. I'm wondering if maybe there was a system error or if there's something else at play here.
edit on 26-6-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I can't believe he even needs to tell congress this. It's like "Here, let me read this for you. It says this and this. You are welcome". And they'll still play dumb and ignore it!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

After I finished voting, they showed me the exact same % for Ron Paul, 56.2% yet Romney was at 31.2%...

Of-course certain percentages will remain the same if neither Romney or Paul are selected but that doesn't explain why RP's number would remain constant.

If anyone else votes, can you please post the % results for Ron Paul and Romney. I'm wondering if maybe there was a system error or if there's something else at play here.
edit on 26-6-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

56.1% for Ron Paul, 31.7% for Mitt Romney. I sure hope Dr. Paul gets the official nomination this time.
edit on 6/26/2011 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I fear that Ron Paul is the Susan Lucci of Presidential Elections.

Always a finalist, but never taking the trophy.

That is unfortunate. He may not be the best president...but he can't suck worse than what we have had and will have.

I agree with you - I think the GOP will do everything possible to keep him off the ballot
Not because he'd be the best president ever, but I got 2 major things that keep me wanting to vote for Ron Paul

One being, articles like this. He actually reads these bills they put in front of him and then picks apart the loopholes - thats just awesome.

And second, what originally sold me on him - if you watch him speak/debate, NOT ONLY is he opinionated, but he's soooooo forthcoming that he doesn't seem to know when he's supposed to stop talking - he goes on and on and on - and if anyone wants a transparent government, thats EXACTLY the type of person we need.

top topics

join