It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question, I know some view on Netflix...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Anyone who is a member of Netflix, can you please tell me if you as well are having any problems, like, when you go to view a movie, like it stops, goes, stops, goes, while your trying to watch the thing. Like, it always gets stuck, then you wait a few minutes starts again, stops again, practically takes an extra half hour just to watch the video. I don't know, maybe it's my computer, I'm just curious if anyone else has ran into these problems before.

I tried to join blockbuster but their stupid software keeps giving me a cpu error saying it's over heating. And it's not.

Why can't blockbuster or netflix have like hulu software or veoh software? Can be so annoying at times. I think that's why I canceled my free membership, but, I wanted to watch a movie, so, I joined again, so, now I'm stuck for a month.

Those are the two places I know that have a subscription or membership.

Thanks.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
this used to happen to me before I upgraded my router

anytime someone else in the house was online, I could pretty much forget watching anything on netflix - constantly buffering

you could also be experiencing intermittent internet drops that you wouldn't always notice if you're reading a forum page (cause you spend time there, its not streaming), that still happens to me sometimes - but much less often since we switched from DSL to cable - with the DSL it was like once a day - with the cable its only like once a month

sorry I couldn't be more help

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm on DSL,ohh.. ok. Thanks. Wait, I think I do use cable because the TV cable hooks into the box. Is that cable or DSL? I don't know.I think I have road runner or something.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The same thing happens at my house, and I have noticed that every time it stops to buffer there is a reduction in the wireless signal strength. I also have roadrunner and if you will move your cursor down to the icon that shows your signal you will notice that the number will be lower than usual and/or it will say very good or low instead of excellent on your signal strength.It will happen even if the signal strength drops for even a minute so until they do something on the server end get used to it.

P.S. I think you might notice that it doesn't happen as frequently if you watch your movies during times that there is less of a high volume of people on the internet. I never have the buffering problems if I watch movies at off the wall hours.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
netflix instant watch sucks its like having cinemax but a real bad one. lol and they throw in a new movie here and there for good measure. aggghhhhh

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Login, find movie, click on movie, when movie begins to play, click pause. Come back in 10-15 minutes, Enjoy your movie.

This also works with youtube and others. The trick is to pause the video, and let it download for a bit before trying to watch it. Short clip, short pause. Long movie, longer pause.

Try it. Unless the site or your ISP is bandwidth throttling, it usually works.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Login, find movie, click on movie, when movie begins to play, click pause. Come back in 10-15 minutes, Enjoy your movie.

This also works with youtube and others. The trick is to pause the video, and let it download for a bit before trying to watch it. Short clip, short pause. Long movie, longer pause.

Try it. Unless the site or your ISP is bandwidth throttling, it usually works.

Tried that tactic, and it didn't work.
Thanks, everyone.
Only cool feature about netflix that I found, was this link, it also posts by the year. Netflix's search options totally annoy me. Can never find anything.

www.supersearchnetflix.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Tried that tactic, and it didn't work.

Sorry to hear that. My wife watches movies on Netflix and seldom has any trouble. When she does, this trick always works for her. That being said, you may have an ISP problem, or the problem could be in your computer.

You might consider having a computer savvy friend do a little cleanup for you, and stop unnecessary programs from running in the background. Also check for malware, even if you don't think you have any. Use a free program like Malwarebytes or Super-Antispyware free versions.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I use spybot. Also, I'm the computer savvy,
I'm just too lazy too do a clean up.
Could be the computer. Thought it may have been the Mozilla Plugins interfering. But that's not it. I have no choice but to suffer through it.

top topics

join