It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My boss told me to stay off ATS because it "makes you angry"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That's right folks, she came up to me while I was doing my regular routine at work (balancing accounts and reading on ATS) and she said "you need to stay off of that site because it makes you angry". So I asked her what kind of angry she meant. She proceeded to tell me the story of Jared Loughner! Of course I got slightly defensive because I wanted to know what exactly his actions had to do with him being a member of ATS.

She told me that all we do is read, become paranoid, and scare ourselves into anger.
Through the conversation, I thought she meant no more ATS at work, but come to find out she meant I should stay off of ATS altogether.

Is that was people think is that we're just a bunch of angry fools waiting to die when all of "our" conspiracy theories don't pan out??

People talk bad however they don't know how much knowledge would be lost from the world if ATS was gone. It's something on here about every topic, and a lot of it makes you HAPPY. The only thing that made me angry just now was my boss...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
hi
dont lsten to the boss
were not all stupid on here lol
thank bloody goodness for ats
i find more formative news on here than the bloody MSM

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
you cant undo somethings
but i believe that ignorance is not bliss
that comes from following your heart
stay the course every view(opinion) is needed

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I wish I could read ATS while at work

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I tried to tell her that on ATS she will find the most up to date reports on things she THINKS are news stories.
I asked her what she knew about the nuke plant in Nebraska.. NOTHING!!
I asked her if she new the risk of this flooding in the midwest.. NADA
She didn't even know Fukushima was still an issue.

Yet I'M the crazy one!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg

I'm at work now (still on ATS lol)

My job is pretty laid back.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by RandalFlagg

I'm at work now (still on ATS lol)

My job is pretty laid back.
Some days I can, some days I can't. It depends. I definitely prefer to read while at work.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I love getting paid to build my mind.

No matter when you walk in, ATS will at least be in my task bar or one of the tabs on my browser.

Best job I've ever had. LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
you could try telling her that Loughner was diagnosed with schizophrenia

not sure if it would help her but having experience with a relative who was schizophrenic, it makes a LOT of sense to me

I can totally see how ATS fueled his existing condition

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I fail to see the connection between Loughners actions, and ATS entirely. It's like saying McVeigh did what he did because he liked Power Rangers. No Connection in my opinion.
edit on 26-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

What I said was it exacerbated his existing condition
clearly you never met a schizophrenic
it doesn't take much

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

What I'm saying is, why did ATS have to be his button pusher? Why not something else. Why is ATS an important detail at all?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

its not, it wasn't even at the top of the list of the articles I read.. can't remember what was, but Youtube and Zeitgiest were in there before ATS

if you're specifically trying to criticize the boss on how ignorant she is on the subject of ATS alone, I'm all for it and totally agree - but thats why I suggested OP inform bosslady that he did those things cause he was Schiz

but ATS would definitely NOT be the place to go if you're already paranoid and hearing voices, having hallucinations, whatever his particular symptoms were - hell I think I'm perfectly sane and even I feel nutty after reading for too long

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ask her if she's actually noticed anger in you. She may have or she may be the paranoid one.

There are times when I let some of the discussions on ATS actually get to me. That's when I know I need to mellow out and stop putting so much energy into being heard here.
ATS itself doesn't make me angry, but sometimes I can get irritable from arguing with people here. My husband notices it. I notice it.

So, I would find out if it's something real that your boss notices or if she's just fearful because of Laughner.

If she HAS noticed your anger or irritability, then you might need to find a way to de-stress while still enjoying your time here.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Ask her if she's actually noticed anger in you. She may have or she may be the paranoid one.

There are times when I let some of the discussions on ATS actually get to me. That's when I know I need to mellow out and stop putting so much energy into being heard here.
ATS itself doesn't make me angry, but sometimes I can get irritable from arguing with people here. My husband notices it. I notice it.

So, I would find out if it's something real that your boss notices or if she's just fearful because of Laughner.

If she HAS noticed your anger or irritability, then you might need to find a way to de-stress while still enjoying your time here.

I haven't asked her, but just from knowing what I do about her, she's just running her mouth and more fearful about "her employee being in the news".

I've had some small issues with her about being muslim as well. She seems to be very paranoid about myself and 2 other muslim employees. I'm the only one that uses ATS though.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You are lucky to be able to read ATS at work. And you should probably thank your boss for being nice enough to warn you that someone is taking notice. Be careful.

However, if it were my business that you worked at. You would not have access to ATS. I expect my employees to work. Not educate themselves nor entertain themselves on Company time. They can listen to the radio as long as it doesn’t bother anybody else.

Like I said, you are lucky.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Agreed. If I was boss.. there'd be no doomtarding on my dime.

I didnt realize coming here effected people like that. I mean sure, be mad at the BS in the world and the corruption/etc... but for it to effect you so much just due to arguing with *other posters*?If things are no longer fun, ,I usually just walk away from it or whomever is no longer amusing. I dont even think its important or personal to some of these flamers on here... they just want to bite or lash out at everyone and it really doesnt matter who. Its not personal. Guess its cheaper than therapy or anger management classes.

OP Im right along with you getting pissed when I read some of this world and govt nonsense, but dont let the posters themselves here bother you. Little black letters on a screen... you have the power of the "x"

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My wife said the same thing

Not the Loughner angle, but that I become argumentative after posting a series of replies on ATS. She says it affects me for days afterwards.

We have reached an agreement, that I can post on the Survival threads, but nowhere else. She says that some of that stuff is news we can use, and that I get busy with my hobbies after reading those threads, and actually do something constructive. But I agreed to stay away from everything else .

You see how well I am doing, keeping my promise....

top topics

join