It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry 'Self Inflicted' Vietnam Wounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Excerpt -

August 10, 2004
WorldNetDaily.com

Attempting to bolster their accusations that Kerry misrepresented slight injuries to win Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star, the vets cite a March 13, 1969, incident for which the young lieutenant was decorated.

Two injuries � a small bruise on his right arm and a minor injury to his buttocks � won Kerry his Third Purple Heart and a trip home. However, the vets say, the wound to his buttocks was self-inflicted and should never have received Purple Heart consideration.

While Kerry claims the injury came from shrapnel from an underwater mine, Larry Thurlow, an officer on shore with Kerry that day, insists the wound was the result of Kerry's decision to throw a concussion grenade into a rice pile. The "shrapnel," he says, was actually rice pellets.

LONG ARTICLE HERE ... GO TO SITE TO READ ...

"All normal documentation supporting a Purple Heart is missing," the letter says. "There is absolutely no casualty report (i.e., spot report) or hostile fire report or after-action report in the Navy's files to support this 'Purple Heart' because there was no casualty, hostile fire, or action on which to report. The sole document relied upon by Kerry is a record showing the band aid and tweezers treatment by Dr. Letson recorded by deceased corpsman, Jess Carreon.

"There are no witnesses who claim to have seen hostile fire � necessary for a Purple Heart (even a rose thorn Purple Heart) � that day. At least three witnesses, Dr. Letson (who spoke to the participants and removed the M-79 fragment), Lt. Bill Schachte (on the boat), and Cmdr. Grant Hibbard (whose investigation revealed Kerry's application for a Purple Heart to be fraudulent), are able to testify directly or based upon contemporaneous investigation that Kerry's first Purple Heart was a fraud," says the letter.

[edit on 8/10/2004 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 8/10/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Self-inflicted, my A double S. Anyone who believes that crap needs to get a life.

I've never voted for a Democrat in my life. Guess what? I'm a vet and Bush is a deserter. Kerry is a decorated war hero. He'll get my vote come Novemeber.

Don't be fooled by those swift boat liars saying Kerry's no hero and blah blah blah. What do they know? Forget about the fact that they've been proven to be liars - They weren't on his boat. That'd be like me saying the commander of the Nightstalkers (spec. ops AVN unit) during the Gulf War was a coward - just because I worked across the airfield from him. That's just pure BS. Be smarter than that.

Kerry's crew have all stood up for him, minus the one guy whose deceased. That should say everything.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
And one more thing - sorry, this really hits a nerve w/me - anyone who wants to know how Kerry actually served, can look up his monthly evals. According to what I've heard, he's welcomed anyone to give 'em a looky. He says they're solid. They prove how utterly false these allegations are. Oh yeah, and his commander, who signed a FALSE statement (saying Kerry didn't deserve his silver star) for that "book" by the swift boat liars has come out and apologized for saying that AND said Kerry DID deserve the medal.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The whole buttocks wound reminded me of Forest Gump...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller

The whole buttocks wound reminded me of Forest Gump...

Yeah, and it reminds me of why Rush Limbaugh couldn't go fight (like the real men) - he sat on the shytter too long and developed boils on his arse!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here's a little more info on the subject of Swiftboat LIARS against Kerry:

(The accusations are pure T horseshiZit)

From Capitol Hill Blue

CHB Investigates. . .
Anti-Kerry Vets Led by Longtime GOP Operative, Bankrolled by Bush Cronies
By WILLIAM D. McTAVISH
Capitol Hill Blue Staff Writer
Aug 9, 2004, 08:00

Swift Boat Veterans For Truth, the so-called �independent� group of Navy Vietnam vets who have launched attacks against Democratic Presidential Contender John F. Kerry, is led by a longtime Republican operative and financed by GOP contributors with strong tries to President George W. Bush.

The Republican roots of the group stretch back to former Republican President Richard M. Nixon when one of the group�s leaders, former Swift Boat commander John O�Neill, was recruited by White House chief counsel Charles Colson to debate Kerry on The Dick Cavett Show in 1971.

"We found a vet named John O'Neill and formed a group called Vietnam Veterans for a Just Peace. We had O'Neill meet the President, and we did everything we could do to boost his group," Colson told reporter Joe Klein in a January 5 interview published in The New Yorker magazine.

O�Neill did not serve with Kerry in Vietnam and did not know him but Nixon was anxious to find a veteran, any veteran, to debate veteran and antiwar activist Kerry. The plan failed. The eloquent Kerry wiped the floor with O�Neill and those closest to the Republican O�Neill say he never forgave Kerry for embarrassing him on national TV
www.capitolhillblue.com...

From Capitol Hill Blue

CHB Investigates. . .
Anti-Kerry Book Author Preaches Hate, Bigotry and Homophobia
By WILLIAM D. McTAVISH
Capitol Hill Blue Staff Writer
Aug 10, 2004, 06:06

A co-author of the anti-Kerry screed, Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry, is a religious bigot, hatemonger and gay basher who says Islam should be eliminated, calls Senator Hillary Clinton a �lesbo� and says �Ragheads are Boy-Bumpers as clearly as they are Women-Haters.�

�Islam is like a virus,� writes Jerome Corsi who � with longtime GOP operative John O�Neill wrote the book as part of a project financed by Texas Republican contributors with strong ties to President George W. Bush.

�It (Islam) affects the mind,� Corsi writes. �Maybe even better as an analogy, it is a cancer that destroys the body it infects. No doctor would hesitate to eliminate cancer cells from the body.�

Corsi posted these comments on the FreeRepublic.com web site on November 26, 2002. He is a regular contributor to the right-wing website, posting under the screen handle of �jrlc� since 2001.

A frequent gay basher, Corsi on November 18, 2001, posted: �Isn�t the Democratic Party the official SODOMIZER PROTECTION ASSOCIATION of AMERICA?� (The capital letters are his)

He reserves the same hatred towards Catholics: �So this is what the last days of the Catholic Church are going to look like. Buggering boys undermines the moral base and the lawyers rip the gold off the Vatican alters. We may get one more Pope, when this senile old one dies, but that�s probably about it.� (Posted on December 16, 2002).
www.capitolhillblue.com...

top topics

join