It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member on the Other Side of the Glass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I'd like to start off by saying hello to everybody at Above Top Secret. I'm a new member to this site, however I'm not new to a majority of the topics being discussed. As for making the decision to sign up, it was solely based upon the interesting individuals and their unique view points on a lot of the topics that are already being openly discussed in the public and some that are not.

I believe that it's safe to say that I'm also here for pretty much the same reason that everybody else is here for. Just to have a voice someplace to share my thoughts on such topics being discussed and to offer my unique perspective to the mix just like everybody else's unique perspectives. Also to seek answers for a lot of the questions that I have. I believe whole heartedly that those answers will be a lot more easier to seek with the help of people like yourselves seeking to complete the same objectives. With all that being said, I am not religious in the least, for the "Gods of men" don't have the answers that humankind seeks, I am not Atheist, for science does not always hold the answers, I am not racist, for every person Native American, Middle-Eastern, African American, Caucasian, Asian ect. has the right to exist along side one another on earth, I am not closed minded, for there's always helpful information even from the most unhelpful people, I am against systems of oppression no matter where they are in the world, however people have to understand that not every Police Officer, Military Servicemen, Agent, or even Politician are a part of such oppresive systems, they're are only a few select individuals that ruined the establishment and the name of those establishment. So that's just a quick run down of some of my views.

I however also need to state that I am not the most positive person to discuss things with. I say this because I can honestly say that I've been watchng the news daily for the past four years of my life. Not only main stream news, but news from the internet, independant news sources, news stations outside of North America, you name it, I do my research on stories as much as I can to have a broader view of International and National events. However in doing so for the past four years, it's made me come to one final conclusion and my conclusion isn't pretty and neither are most of my views on events that have taken place over the past decade and even events that are going to take place.

I live in Canada, have dual citizenship to both the U.S. and Canada and am half Native American and Half Italian American. Have 80% of my family situated in the States. I believe that due to "mix" and citizenship status was a major factor in how I view the world because of how the world has treated me so to speak. Over my past short span of 22 years, I feel I've been witness to a lot and so has everybody else and we've all been equally put through a lot of pain wether it's economic, social, emotional or mental situations that we as beings face everyday. However, for one to not "wake up" from that state of trauma, one can't do anything much about the situations at hand because that person's paralized with fear. The best way I can put it is that people are going through systematical mind rape right now and people are either choosing to stand up against it or to continiously let it happen until the victim believe it's alright and normal, it makes me sick to say the very least. A prime example of that is the Hockey Game Riot in Vancouver, Canada. It's a testament of where people are as a whole and what they truly care about in North America. There's plenty of other things for Canadians to be rioting about (not that I'm condoning rioting) like the government making people go back to work when they have the right to strike, especially if they feel they are treated unjustly, the G20 Summit that was held in Toronto last summer which was a complete #ing disaster where they caged and beat people like dogs or even having Canada as the only North American country in modern times to openly use military units against it's citizens like during the Oka Crisis, but this is Canada afterall, where hockey is more important that paying attention to the fools running our country. I'm telling everybody on here right now, moving to Canada is no better than leaving the states because you'd be heading into the same damn system but with a different name and a slightly different way of doing things.. with the same #ty outcome.

It's sites like this that I have the upmost respect for along with the people that voice their honest opinions For we are living in exciting times, thanks for your time fellow ATS members.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Same here, I just recently joined as well, however I have been keeping up with this website for awhile now, good to see some people out here who are truly interested about what's going on in the world, it's insane how society has such a crazy stigma against us "conspiracy theorists" whereas in the end we're just trying to look for the answers and justify the wrongs that are occurring the world.

It's great to see new people join this website, and hopefully you'll be an active member with some interesting posts, welcome aboard to ATS, do not let anyone tell you what to believe when it comes to searching for the answers, I guess its safe to say that most of us here are for the same reason, just trying to figure out the cruel world out there and most importantly, how we as individuals can actually make this world a better place.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Subbam

Hello and welcome. Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do. Just have to say that I just love the Native American culture and everything they stand for.

See you around.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Thanks Unvarnished and I extend the welcome to yourself also. It truly is interesting that other people are showing genuine interest about world affairs, because one has to understand that National agenda's don't move forth if the world itself isn't moving around it. So in some sorts, we've been kind of living in an illusion of a comfort zone and it's just the realities of the world popping our distored view of what reality truly is. Be it Media, Politics, Military affairs ect.

Likewise to yourself also and I hope to see you around ATS. Again, welcome.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Subbam

Hi Subbam, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Thank you for the welcome Australiana, I will deff enjoy the forum.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thank you Sauron, this website is pretty user friendly and if I do have any questions, I will ask, thanks again.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Subbam

Hey Subbam

Warm welcome from the South of the UK. I hope you will thoroughly enjoy yourself here.

I think the diversity of all the members is part of what makes this site so interesting and helpful.

I agree with your sentiments about the world today. One can either sheeple along or stop to think about what is happening. Thank God for the internet because the media today has slipped totally into the shallow, disinformaton and neglect genre so it isn't a patch on what it use to do or be. Having to go to other country's media such as RT to see what is going on is pretty bad, because even RT has their own agenda but at least they have Max Keiser and the veritable Stacy.

The good thing about this site is that it covers one's many interests and helps initiate new interests. Looking at a thread like the Aquaponics one blows your mind. Although one comes here with what one thinks is an open mind, there is always another member who will push the boundaries of your thinking but they will also, sometimes, shift your perspective to another angle on things.

The most important thing here is to enjoy (and expect to get a good few challenges - even if you know you are right

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Thanks for the welcome Lynda101. I believe that I'll enjoy myself here, seems like my kind of people.

I agree with you 100% that the diversity of this site is what makes it amazing, you have a bunch of different views and beliefs in one spot. I'm very thankful for the internet also, but I feel it's also a main vice that the higher ups can use against you whenever they deem fit. Also if you're not trained to look past the propaganda the internet will chew you up and spit you out alive. So it's a very beautiful but deadly thing at the same time. I agree with you about the media thing too, especially with RT. But like you said, there's always hidden goals that the people don't necessarily see or even want to pay attention to for that fact and it's a sad day for your independant and democratic country when you have to start going outside the country for even a little unbiased view on your national events.. which itself (the media outside of the country) is filled with it's own biased agenda.

There are plenty of different topics here that have already caught my eye and I will deff enjoy my time here at ATS and even a good debate once in a while. Again, thanks for the welcome Lynda101.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Welcome!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Thanks Kyred

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subbam
It's sites like this that I have the upmost respect for along with the people that voice their honest opinions For we are living in exciting times, thanks for your time fellow ATS members.

I skipped past the whole post and liked the end, so ... S&F for you !

Jking .. good post and i agree, this place is amazing, we all get to represent our ideas and thoughts.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

Agreed, having a place like ATS is a very rare place indeed considering we can't really use free speech in designated free speech zones in our lovely "democratic" countries without fear of retribution from those confused people holding the shields, batons and other "Non-Lethal" weaponry.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Right on!!! Thank you so much for your introduction and welcome!, I look forward to chatting/ debating/ researching right along with ya. I too am American Indian and have lived on the reservation so I too may have experienced some of the same prejudices you talk of, and I also feel very similar to how you feel about our world right now. Thanks again-
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

Thanks for the warm welcome Mariah3330 and likewise.

new topics

top topics

join