It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'State of Play' - The fictional Blackwater/Xe story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Did you guys happen to see the 2009 movie 'State of Play' with Russel Crowe and Ben Affleck? It seems to be based on the Blackwater/Xe saga. It is a fictional movie but some of the things said in the movie have a ring of truth such as when Bens character says that the US military trains the soldiers, and that Pointcorp sends them out to die and that the CEO gets rich. It is exactly what Erick Prince is doing.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Haven't seen it, but Prince doesn't own Xe/Blackwater anymore. He sold it in December 2010 to an investment group, USTC Holdings. Don't ask me why an investment group needs its own military, I don't want to think about it. Prince himself lives in the UAE now, creating private military contractor forces.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Funny part is, Blackwater (Xe) actually trains U.S. troops, not the other way around. Actually, I guess many of the contractors receive their initial training from the military, but I was sent by the Army to Blackwater's North Carolina training facility for CQB and raid training WHILE ENLISTED. Given MOST of the Army will never set foot on or interact with Blackwater in any way.

join