It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Atlantic Tidal Wave?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
From Jeremy Lovell-Reuters

The bad news is millions of people living along the Eastern seaboard of the US and Canada may drown if the slippage of a volcano off North Africa collapses.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

This event apparantly will take place in the next "few thousand years" but can happen the next time the volcano erupts which happens every 25 to 200 years the last eruption was in 1971.

Reading this article may be misleading because it goes from one extreme to the other, saying we have a few thousand years in one sentence and then going on to say it could happen the next time there is an eruption from the volcano. has anyone heard anything else about this?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
there was a national geographice special on it a wile back and the Land HAS already Sliped in the 1960des by 6 or 8 feet leaving a huge canuon going all the way across the island . and its because of the way the volcanio was formed in layers of ash the lova making water tight areas putting Huge amounts of presser on the slide and it very could slide the rest of the way now its not a question of if it will slide but when it slides.
tommrow or in a thousand years . I assur you will know if it happens .Tidel wave 500 feet high along the Whole east cost.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Oh crap...

Looks like I have to go and buy a new umbrella.

Actually, being in Toronto, I should be fine

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I saw this on TV a year ago. It's an amazing disaster just
waiting to happen. I'm surprised it isn't in the news more.
If the terrorists were smart, which they aren't, they'd be
taking their nukes over there and trying to set this off.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yes I am surprised that the terrorist's don't take advantage of situations like these either it would make thier "jobs" much easier.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Is there any kind of warning system set up for east coast residents?If a tidal wave is about to occur?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
jeeze louise, Check out this. It shows where the tsunami might strike the eastern US.

www.es.ucsc.edu...

zero lift

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Already posted, here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the information zero Lift- Very Interesting!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Poor little Ireland is gonna get swamped. - Was

new topics

top topics

join