It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal acts cannot be discussed on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
You want to talk about kiddie fiddling and raping animals on here.....wtf is wrong with you???

I fully understand why your thread was closed....oh sorry not your thread just the one you liked enough that you opened a thread to ask the owners if they would allow you to discuss this filth.

Everyone who condones this needs banning!!! No doubt you all dabble in some of these things...hence you want to talk about them! SICKOS!

Trollin Much? Think your context is a bit off.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
1st of all remember that you are a GUEST here on ATS, even if you think membership is some kind of entitlement! The people who own/moderate this site are not responsible to explain their actions to you or anyone. There are very clear T&C to follow and your thread was deemed to be in violation of said rules. Get over yourself.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Several of you are missing the point... and it's driving me insane!

1. The OP of the thread we're discussing said plainly, "I do not want to have sex with a turtle or my sister..." He was using these as examples. His question was why should the government control what anyone wants to do, as long as it is not done in force or a violation of that persons rights.

2. Those of you saying, "You are a guest.." or, "You're welcome to start your own site..." You need to wake up! If everyone on ATS decided to walk away, they would have no need for the AD Revenue. This site would lose its traffic and it wouldn't be a profitable business. So telling people to go somewhere else is missing the whole point. Furthermore...

3. ATS has always been about freedom. We have a whole section on the illegal acts of the government. The 9-11 Conspiracy forum and others. We discuss illegal activity every single day. Is it at the discretion of the MOD to choose what is illegal? Are they also lawyers and experts on law now? Which leads me to...

4. I posted a link (Previous Post) to the website the MOD, "Donttreadonme" used as the source. The site said the activity of zoophilia is not illegal in all states. How does the MOD know which states the members are posting from? The OP may live in one of the states where it isn't illegal.

Basically, this thread is questioning why the MODs are suddenly so bias and shutting down threads based on their own perceptions. The more the members here allow it, the more control will be placed on it. True, we can all leave and go to another site. However, I seriously doubt the owners of ATS will appreciate losing their business.

edit on 26-6-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside

You want to talk about kiddie fiddling and raping animals on here.....wtf is wrong with you???

I fully understand why your thread was closed....oh sorry not your thread just the one you liked enough that you opened a thread to ask the owners if they would allow you to discuss this filth.

Everyone who condones this needs banning!!! No doubt you all dabble in some of these things...hence you want to talk about them! SICKOS!

No he isn't, if you read the other thread he is 100% right on topic.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Can't talk about the new bill that has been introduced by Ron Paul and Harry Ried because "it' about legalizing something that's illegal", (but really shouldn't be Imo).

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by Lighterside

No he isn't, if you read the other thread he is 100% right on topic.

No doubt you all dabble in some of these things

Sounds like a troll to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The reason the threads are removed is because some are too inappropriate and/or some are vile.

I say remove them! I think the ATS site owners and moderators do an awesome job!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Exactly! We know why it shouldn't be done. The issue was with the government being in our bedrooms. We don't need the government to legislate issues of personal choice. Truthfully if a person really had the desire to have their way with a turtle, not that that is possible, I am fairly certain that no law is going to stop them.

It is a strange way to put it but most people should be able to see where the op was going with it. Except maybe you of course.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I only read page one, but the gist of it seems that any topic is ok as long as ad revenue isnt adversley affected....???
Seems that the advertisers now own ats...round aboutly speaking its very annoying to think that corporatocracy has its long fingers into the ats pie as well as most everything else...
i guess the only way to really really know for sure a web site is truely free of outside influence is to start yer own....go daddy

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This was my original response to this subject, I hope it can shed some light here.

Originally posted by elevatedone

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Terms and Conditions

In technicality we cant talk about the catholic church (relations with minors) or LULSEC (Hacking) or Strauss Kahn (Illicit activities)

Is this a bizarre form of cherry picking, or is it to a certain degree the subject matter and context?

To elaborate I guess it seems like even in the discussion of the reasoning to help understanding of this it to me begins to almost feel like the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Again I agree this is yours and we are your guests here and must abide by said rules. But in the idea of the metaphors presented before, is it rude to ask your hosts reasoning or how would one say explanation as to why they always have a blue bow over every door, might seem odd to you so you ask, rudeness might not be intended.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ya i was reading that thread when i happened i went to post a reply but BAM thread was replaces with some stupid picture and a reason why the thread was closed. I found the topic highly interesting and now i wont get a chance to discuss it.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Please feel free to discuss turtle sex until your hearts content...here is a thread starter for you:

P.S. I was involved in that discussion when it got closed...and this is only meant as a joke!

edit on 26-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

Originally posted by Soldier of God
You are all depraved and sick in the head if that's the kind of topics you want to discuss. Most "normal" people don't need to ask why, they know why already. If you don't then you are a danger to society.

The topic being discussed isn't the issue here. As Schkeptick said:

It's asking for open debate about a commonly held belief. Isn't that what ATS is about?
The issue here is that ATS is a platform for open and intellectual debate on subjects which range from the banal to the highly controversial. The TOS is full of conditions which help encourage user content of high quality and posts full of tasty, intellectual arguments. The fact that some topics are considered too controversial isn't really a good thing. 'Too controversial' is a subjective term with a very fluid definition, which is too easily affected by money.

you're spot on, I posted a 3 part thread on cancer treatments which mentioned the ingestion of hash oil, this was considered to be encouraging people to do illegal things & my "3 alternative cancer treatments" thread only had 2 treatments in it & was missing the most effective one....not being able to discuss things that are illegal is a pain but I can't see it changing anytime soon...

Peace,
-Bob
edit on 26/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Unless ATS is going to bring in lawyers to moderate, I suggest they back off the "No discussing illegal activities" process. It's perspective and varies by state on most cases. Sure, they have the freedom to do as they please, it's an open discussion board. But they should stop using that reason as one to shut down the topics.

Zoophilia is NOT illegal in all states. Neither is incest. The MOD is overstepping boundaries by assuming it's illegal everywhere.

The discussion, all discussions should be allowed to continue. (with the exception of overthrowing the government, which I could understand because THAT is illegal in all states...
)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
if you rearange 'ACTS' you can get 'CATS' i'll leave that one for you to chew over.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join