It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal acts cannot be discussed on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Of course we can just keep responding to one another until this hits the active threads list, forcing a mod to weigh in, then we can beat him/her with a sock and split hairs until we are all bald...

attica, attica!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
JUST A NOTE!

I've gotten a few U2Us thinking it was a post of mine that was closed, no it wasn't .. it's not my post and I don't even agree with the subject matter... I just think it has the right to be discussed the same as other topics do ..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Of course we can just keep responding to one another until this hits the active threads list, forcing a mod to weigh in, then we can beat him/her with a sock and split hairs until we are all bald...

attica, attica!!!

I'm already bald! ... crap ..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It was my thread, my post, and I like the idea...

got a issue with it, post it here!

(that should get ya off the hook
)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
ok, ultimately what it will boil down to is this

the conversation will go on about mutations and whatnot...that will dissolve into nothing if you put in some sort of contingency (for the sake of hitting the meat) that such acts require one or both partners to undergo some sterilization process beforehand.

then it will evolve into a old testiment opinion...and that is where you bring up how shellfish is also an abomination...

So, a "should shellfish be made illegal" thread might help in furthering the discussion, because even though it is considered this horrible abomination unto god, most people eat it anyhow because its tasty..

so, with that thread as defense, then you start the incest thread and refute the bible thumping that will come once the science fails...then you have the core issue finally being discussed...its illegal because people are told it is gross.

and then thinking people will do a doubletake and wake up to a "wait...why the hell is it illegal after all?!" mentality...and voila, the movement of nothing in particular starts...perhaps seeding a thought that the government really needs to just get the hell out of our bedrooms across the board, polygamy, incest, gay, etc...if its between consenting adults, then just step off.

And that is the final point of such threads anyhow.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
the post in question asked something like "If I wanted to have sex with my sister, or a turtle.. why should it matter" ... I forget the exact topic, I saw it and nearly passed on it but then I thought about it .. and the idea was interesting to me because it's really a matter where I don't get why law should be involved.. my point was that in the case of a turtle, or animals in general it makes sense.. that's cruelty .. but for two consenting adults, it didn't make sense.. I don't know why law needs to be involved.. I may not support it, but that's not my business..

Nevertheless, other topics dealing with equally illegal matters.. have gone on to thrive..
edit on 26-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I also think its a double standard but hey, whoever has the money makes the rules (or whoever runs the joint and needs the money from advertisers to keep it going makes the rules)

its a conspiracy I tell you!

I totally agreed on the MJ topic that it shouldn't be discussed - because entirely too many idiots revert to idiot mode when the topic is brought up

But I read this thread

mostly out of morbid curiosity - I saw no reason for it being closed - even the trolls were tame

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Exactly, and that's the thread.. even the trolls were tame indeed.. I slightly trolled myself at one point.. but it was a mature discussion that hadn't even slightly gotten out of hand.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well personally I think I've said what I wanted to say.. and it's late in my neck of the woods, I'll check this back later if I don't end up banned or something
.. going to skim some other threads before I crash out.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by miniatus
but discussing hacking and other such things? oh, it's fine!

Discussing the activities of hackers is not illegal. Now, if hackers were on here discussing how to hack, or trying to organize hacking "events", then that would be a whole different story.

No, no, no. The mod didn't made any such reference. The mod said that discussing illegal activities is prohibited on ATS. So the point you made is invalid.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
actually ya, that would be perhaps a extremely vulgar and terrible way to kick off the discussion.

and ya, turtles...animals in general are a no go.

I do actually believe in interspecies relationships and it should be legal under some contingencys...the non human in question must demonstrate intelligent thought, must communicate clearly and with no doubt of its desire for the suggested contact, and must be of a post-pubescent age.

So, since animals cannot talk to us, then for now, thats a no go...however, an alien may be able to get married should they arrive and hook up with a local (I wonder where greys honeymoon)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Oh, this is about incest?

Actually, I was considering starting a thread on that...was in a pretty good discussion a couple days back about legislating morality and such and someone suggested if gay marriage is allowed, why not incestual marriage...and that made me wonder...why not actually...if its two consenting adults, why would the government care.

So ya, if that is generally what your discussing, I am not sure at all why it would be shut down...too graphic perhaps? were you discussing the concept and legalities verses moralities, or was it a very specific and personal thing being discussed? sometimes its not the subject, but the presentation that makes or breaks a dialog.

No, no. It was just the morality aspect of it. Nothing personal. And the mod came and just closed it. Can you believe it!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Oh, this is about incest?

Actually, I was considering starting a thread on that...was in a pretty good discussion a couple days back about legislating morality and such and someone suggested if gay marriage is allowed, why not incestual marriage...and that made me wonder...why not actually...if its two consenting adults, why would the government care.

So ya, if that is generally what your discussing, I am not sure at all why it would be shut down...too graphic perhaps? were you discussing the concept and legalities verses moralities, or was it a very specific and personal thing being discussed? sometimes its not the subject, but the presentation that makes or breaks a dialog.

No, no. It was just the morality aspect of it. Nothing personal. And the mod came and just closed it. Can you believe it!

Well, after being clued in on the header...I am not overly suprised...with taboo subjects, you do have to arrange the ops and title carefully to be discreet...advertising doodz don't want to be on the turtle shagging site

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Wow a message about ad revunes affecting a topic that someone wants to discuss is a reason for deleting. This is sounding more and more like MSM at its finest. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by AllUrChips

So we should only discuss what people are in the majority of being comfortable with? deny ignorance? no ... we'll just stick in our comfort zones.. ? I hope not, that would be absurd
Well I'm afraid to tell you, but ATS is a business that relies on advertisers. It requires some degree of "family friendliness", since people of any age can use this website.That being the case, there are several topics not allowed on ATS, and hacking is actually one of them. I've seen threads that talk about hacking removed. You'll also see any threads describing the use of narcotics will be removed, even if the person is trying to describe a spiritual experience. There are limits, some of which I disagree with too, but a thread like this wont change anything.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I've tried bringing these obvious discrepancies up before.

The Mods just say "Dont criticize the policy" and close the thread

Quite the despots, these mods
edit on 26-6-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Of course we can just keep responding to one another until this hits the active threads list

I like this approach too

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghondon

Wow a message about ad revunes affecting a topic that someone wants to discuss is a reason for deleting. This is sounding more and more like MSM at its finest. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

This post! I starred. It is just too full of truth and win to be left ignored.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I do actually believe in interspecies relationships and it should be legal under some contingencys...the non human in question must demonstrate intelligent thought, must communicate clearly and with no doubt of its desire for the suggested contact, and must be of a post-pubescent age.

So, since animals cannot talk to us, then for now, thats a no go...however, an alien may be able to get married should they arrive and hook up with a local (I wonder where greys honeymoon)

So what kind of relationships between different species are we talking about? What in particular!

edit on 26-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Well I'm afraid to tell you, but ATS is a business that relies on advertisers. It requires some degree of "family friendliness",

Ahh, but where does it end...mega slippery slope

Lets say tomorrow, some right wing christian conservative organization contacted ATS and offered them a sweet sum for some advertising space, only to request some rather controversial topics not be allowed...

you know...things regarding homosexuals, atheism, any religion bashing, any liberal causes shown in a positive light, any unfriendly discussions about right wing politicians or political partys in general, etc...not all at once, but over time, a bit more being clipped off until it becomes little more than a "family values" page full of spin

ATS is popular because it discusses controversial subjects, pushes a intelligent investigation into law and politics in our life that is accepted and ignored, etc...aka, it allows people to express free thought. once you start limiting that due to risk of potential ad revenues scorning it, then you send a big flag saying ATS as a concept itself is for sale...

And that will make the site less popular overall, which will lose ad revenue of course, which will kill the site. way of the internet I guess.

So, short term stomping of something is short sighted for long term consequence...the business decision should be clear...do not squash subjects...just guide presentation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join