It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal acts cannot be discussed on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not a big ranter, I've had one or two .. but this one particularly got me .. the mod closed the topic because illegal activities cannot be discussed.. fine..

So a lot of threads here should be closed.. any topic involving hacking should be closed for example, it's discussing an illegal activity.

There's some CLEAR bias here.. anyone care to explain?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
the op asked a valid question... it wasn't as if he was asking how to make a drug, or a bomb, he asked why something was illegal basically.. and it was a socially relevant question... but discussing hacking and other such things? oh, it's fine! .. clearly against ATS rules .. but they allow that and smack the other down?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Agree; bizarre thread( turtlesex) but the "closing" was based on a flimsy reason....
I'm not much for beastiality or incest but i agree with Dennis:

(I wanted to post this in that thread( I think it is "on topic") but it was closed...)

edit on 25-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yes ill explain. 99.899999 pct of us do not want to talk about anyone banging your sister unless we happen to be doing it. Does your family know your talking about this on the net anyways? If they did bet that would make for an AWKWARD thanksgiving huh? So I think that just bout sums it up there champ.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I don't support either things myself, but the question was valid .. especially when you think about it.. the reason for shutting it down was beyond flimsy because other threads have been more in violation of that rule and have been allowed to flourish..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I suspect my own thread will be DELETED.. not closed.. deleted allows it not to be read..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

So we should only discuss what people are in the majority of being comfortable with? deny ignorance? no ... we'll just stick in our comfort zones.. ? I hope not, that would be absurd

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oh my apologies. I just realized that you are his only supporter not the op. So then why dont you get eachothers numbers and you can discuss all the immoralities you like with eachother

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
but discussing hacking and other such things? oh, it's fine!

Discussing the activities of hackers is not illegal. Now, if hackers were on here discussing how to hack, or trying to organize hacking "events", then that would be a whole different story.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
We regularly talk about violent overthrow of the govt in most 2nd amendment threads:. Though I think it's entirely constitutional ( if not "inevitable")
Janet Napolitano would not see it that way.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I'm hardly a supporter, I disagree with the topic, but I think he has a right to ask it ..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Discussing the activities of hackers is not illegal..

Neither is discussing the question of why is incest illegal.. never has anyone been jailed for either, however both are against ATS rules.. my question is why does one topic flourish and the other gets smacked down?
I don't support either, I was just surprised to see it closed with that reasoning.. because that reason applies to MANY topics here..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

ok mate your right man. Still a sick thought for him to have imo

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

it is a disgusting thought, there's lots of topics I don't approve of personally but I think rules need to be applied evenly and fairly without bias... this forum is known for our ability to discuss .. when mods are injecting their moral judgments that is a problem for me.. be fair.. and consistent..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Oh, this is about incest?

Actually, I was considering starting a thread on that...was in a pretty good discussion a couple days back about legislating morality and such and someone suggested if gay marriage is allowed, why not incestual marriage...and that made me wonder...why not actually...if its two consenting adults, why would the government care.

So ya, if that is generally what your discussing, I am not sure at all why it would be shut down...too graphic perhaps? were you discussing the concept and legalities verses moralities, or was it a very specific and personal thing being discussed? sometimes its not the subject, but the presentation that makes or breaks a dialog.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Oh, this is about incest?

Actually, I was considering starting a thread on that...was in a pretty good discussion a couple days back about legislating morality and such and someone suggested if gay marriage is allowed, why not incestual marriage...and that made me wonder...why not actually...if its two consenting adults, why would the government care.

So ya, if that is generally what your discussing, I am not sure at all why it would be shut down...too graphic perhaps? were you discussing the concept and legalities verses moralities, or was it a very specific and personal thing being discussed? sometimes its not the subject, but the presentation that makes or breaks a dialog.

Well I got a U2U message from someone.. ( not saying who ) but it was explained in a way that made more sense.. some topics are allowed but others are more "taboo" and can potentially effect ad revenue ... ok if that's true, fine.. how about the rules be enhanced to allow for more consistency

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Ad revenue...

Sort of ironic...the board is popular for a lot of its "shock content"...however, if its too shocking, then its a no go.

I still say the subject can be touched on without it seemingly too shocking...pity the thread is deleted, I would like to have seen it, if only to see if it was done with discretion and taste, or if it was a bit crude and shock sensationalistic.

ultimately its a private board, however, its not good precident to start removing "taboo" subjects overall considering most of the crap here is taboo...
how many "lets violently overthrow the government" innuendo's are on here on a daily basis with no issues...and that doesn't effect revenue..but a "hey, was jerry lee lewis really that wrong" and suddenly you kicked a bee's nest

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I do agree with you 100% ... and it's not a topic I particularly want to see dominating the list.. the hypocrisy of it was just something that stood out for me...

I also know how things like this work, this board is massive and the mods have a rough job.. plus each mod has their own sensibilities... the mod who closed it probably did find it offensive and probably found a rule to apply.. that's human nature...

I personally though would just hope for consistency

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
maybe we can get a mod to chime in here and discuss this logically...because as I said, I was considering a thread a couple days ago on this very subject. I see it perfectly fine to discuss this type of stuff so long as its not a vulgar description...

Perhaps some quick guidelines on what will make a thread fine on the subject, and what would get it pulled...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It would be nice... I mean if it's because of fear dealing with ad revenue then I get it.. but it'd be nice to know.. the reason it would be nice to know is because someone trying to follow the rules but seeing what has been allowed .. might try to start such a topic and get slammed..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join