Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

'I'M the one who Googled chloroform': Casey Anthony's mother drops a bombshell as she testifies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

If it is on a USB drive then maybe yes. Not sure about your harddrive. I would have to look

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Closing remarks coming Sunday. Should be very, very interesting.
I think the prosecution has proven their case.

The defense seemed to be attempting to create "confusion" as a strategy, trying to accomplish reasonable doubt. That is all I can figure out they were trying to do, as nothing else would hold water.
The defense has failed, imo.

But I certainly don't blame the defense attorney. Poor ole thing didn't have anything to work with.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

The prosecution proved absolutely nothing!

Everyone thinks it's murder because she partied after? Maybe she was afraid acting different would alert her boyfriend to something being wrong? Maybe she just wanted to not think about anything and get drunk?

If you want to say her actions after the death are proof of anything then hell.. her father could be the one. After all he had access to all the same things as her (duct tape, shovel, etc) and had an affair when he was supposed to be mourning. So the same can be said for him.

I don't think he did anything, but I think that it was an accident. The prosecution hasn't proven anything.. there isn]t anything that isn't circumstantial.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Hello again. Many cases are won on circumstantial evidence. Often there is not an eye witness to murder.

If the jury comes back with a guilty verdict, will you be swayed by that? Or will you cling to your own decision?

Will you start a "Free Casey Anthony" club?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Like it or not, everything vic said is true. The prosecution has no evidence of premeditation or even who the killer was. Personally I think it was an accident that she covered up inappropriately. That whole family is messed up.

I think someone beat him to it, Casey Anthony Liberation Front
edit on 7/2/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

What's even more interesting though is why the father had suicide note and never went through with it? Guilty conscious maybe?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Like it or not, everything vic said is true. The prosecution has no evidence of premeditation or even who the killer was. Personally I think it was an accident that she covered up inappropriately.

If that were the case what would she have to gain by not admitting that now? She is going to be found guilty. Her lawyer must have explained to her by now that she only stands a chance of fighting the premeditation charge so why wouldn't she just fess up and save herself a possible death sentence?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senteri

Like it or not, everything vic said is true. The prosecution has no evidence of premeditation or even who the killer was. Personally I think it was an accident that she covered up inappropriately.

If that were the case what would she have to gain by not admitting that now? She is going to be found guilty. Her lawyer must have explained to her by now that she only stands a chance of fighting the premeditation charge so why wouldn't she just fess up and save herself a possible death sentence?

So tell me, what evidence is there that definitively proves it was first degree murder?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So tell me, what evidence is there that definitively proves it was first degree murder?

I asked a question. I never made any claim that I need to back up so how about you just chill out.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I watched the rebuttal yesterday of the computer forensics
expert and he proved that Casey's mom
was on her work computer at the time she said
she was at home looking up chloroform.

She has obviously lied to cover for her daughter.
That is a crime and she could be prosecuted.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Yeah.. there is something more to it.
The jury will probably doom her and we will never know, but think about it.. how many people were tromping around the area where the body was found before it was actually brought out? I think Cindy knew/found out and used the psychic to distance herself and put a link between her and the P.I.'s (her son testified that his mom sent the P.I.'s.) Obviously it wouldn't look good if she ordered them to search a spot that turned out to be very near the body (or found the body). Tipping a psychic would be brilliant as you'd be hard to find a psychic that is going to discredit themselves after a triumph like that.
I don't know why the people aren't asking these questions. It seems like they missed out on a lot of good questions.

Of course this is all just my conjecture..
edit on 3-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
After learning there was only one search for chloroform and that it was done right after her visiting myspace and that her boyfriend at the time had a picture on his myspace that said "chloroform the one you love." I am now of the opinion chloroform never played a roll in this at all. Yes the baby died due to negligence, the tiny trace amounts of chloroform in the car were from cleaning products casey used cleaning the trunk where her daughter was placed after she panicked. The only reason chloroform traces in the trunk were even sought was due to the supposed searches which I now honestly believe were just her being curious.

Who knows, maybe she kept the body in the trunk for a while, because she couldn't bare to let go of her baby and kept looking at her. People tend to stay in the funeral home by the coffin for hours when a loved one dies. Would this be any different?

I think she should be found not guilty on any of the murder charges.

It's sad they are going to put, what I think is a legitimately mournful mother, in prison for a murder she didn't commit. All we can do is wait and see. Lol.. if you look around you will find a Nostradamus qautrain people are applying to this case saying she will be found innocent. If she is.. this might flip my lid.
edit on 4-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I was surprised to hear Mr. Ashton say Casey is a "great liar". She isn't. Prolific doesn't imply greatness.
If she was good at lying she wouldn't be in this mess.

If this death were accidental, and she consequently panicked and made this mess from fear, why now doesn't she speak up?
She's facing the death penalty. Any intelligent human being, having made that mistake, would now confess to her mistake, break down, tell all, and take a plea for a lesser charge. Involuntary manslaughter, or some such.

Then why doesn't she? People with psychopathy and malignant narcissism often believe they are smarter than everybody else. With this being characteristic of her, she still thinks she can lie her way out of this.

Kinda reminds me of the O.J. Simpson case. He also believed he could lie his way out of murder charges.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
After watching part of the closing statements yesterday, I wished I had watched more of the trial. I came away thinking that they hadn't proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Casey killed her daughter. She may be guilty, but the facts I heard didn't prove it.

If I were on the jury, I'm thinking I'd have to vote not guilty on the murder charge. When is the verdict expected? Are they saying?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Baez did an excellent job with the closing arguments. Amazing, in fact, I didn't know he had it in him. He redeemed himself.
I think if you had seen the prosecution's presentation, you might feel differently. Anyway.

I have no idea what the verdict will be.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Happy fourth:

Live video!!! here!!!:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Judge giving instructions to jury now!!:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

He doesn't think she is smart. Saying she was intelligent and quick with her lies is a way of painting her as conniving. Wouldn't help the prosecution to say shes dumb or it could seem more probable that she panicked and it was all an accident. See.

Who knows when they will have a verdict. They are deliberating now and it could be done today or go on for a while.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

He doesn't think she is smart. Saying she was intelligent and quick with her lies is a way of painting her as conniving. Wouldn't help the prosecution to say shes dumb or it could seem more probable that she panicked and it was all an accident. See.

Aha, true.
He's showing her conniving-ish-ness. Also her natural inclination towards the manipulation of others, particularly family members, and law enforcement.

edit on 7/5/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yep.. she's obviously not that smart and there was definitely something very wrong with the girl and family that made her feel the need to lie and invent people long before anything had happened to her daughter. Something was going on and mark my words the parents new the the granddaughter was dead the very first day Casey came home without her, maybe before. They knew.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join