It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I'M the one who Googled chloroform': Casey Anthony's mother drops a bombshell as she testifies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So does yahoo and bing track/save your every move too? Can anyone recommend a safe search engine?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

Google only saves your searches if you have it set in your settings and you are signed on to your account.

If you want anonymous searching there are many other places such as scroogle.com.

I wont get into too much detail, but you can do even more anonymous searches but not into your home.

Anonymity has certain levels: It all depends on how much time and effort your adversary is willing to get your name. If your searches are benign, no worries. If you just discovered the missing JFK assassination files, I think you had put some effort into it.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They didn't get rid of the death penalty they just said that how they decided on it was unconstitutional and are changing that. It mostly affects old cases but could affect this one, however as judgment has not been passed down it may not. Also you didn't answer the other part of my post where you incorrectly stated that a net search shows premeditation for murder.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

How does it not show premeditation? She was searching for ways to kill the baby and then the baby ends up missing in the same way she was planning it. This was not a crime that happened on the spot. It was planned.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It could be considered premeditated if you could prove that she was planning to kill the baby with chloroform but she likely did not and there is no proof of it.

What if she searched it to make to simply knock the girl out?
Is the premeditated murder? You have to prove there was a murder before you can say anything was premeditated so you are wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

You don't know what the crime even was.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Ok thanks, I just don't want to be target marketed like google seems to do.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Browse History, Cookies, Obtained legally from ISP.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I think this is just icing on the already overwhelming cake of evidence they have.

She's already lied about the disappearance of Caylee. First claiming she went missing after dropping her off at a babysitter's house, not reporting it for a month because she was trying to 'find her without help from the police', and only now admitting that she did die but it was an accidental drowning (although the remains were found less than a mile from the grandparent's home, with duct tape over the mouth.)

For it to be only a few months prior to the disappearance, I'd say that google searches for homemade weapons, chloroform, neck breaking, shovels (all around the same time frame) makes for pretty decent evidence. Granted, I google some pretty strange things, but these searches aren't the only thing they are basing the defense on.

I do understand your concern, however, but as a few other people have stated, it's pretty easy ( although, I don't know how to do it) to retrieve google searches and deleted history.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The crime was murder, and it was planned. She was searching for ways to commit murder using chloroform and she succeeded.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Even I can recover your data AFTER you delete your internet history:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guarantee you a cheeseburger I may be able to piece together part of the history on your computer if not all of it.

after i run my electro magnet over it ?????

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Just a second reply, I don't know how I didn't see your other post until after I previously responded, but oh well;

I do see what you're saying, that this could be used as an excuse to more closely monitor our searches or censor the internet...unfortunately though, there are A LOT of excuses they could use to do that if that's their end game.

One of the more recent videos supposedly released by Anonymous that was posted on here a couple weeks ago could do that for us.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Even I can recover your data AFTER you delete your internet history:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guarantee you a cheeseburger I may be able to piece together part of the history on your computer if not all of it.

What about if you wipe it with something like CCleaner? Say with 35 passes? Just curious since I do this every once in a while.
edit on 27-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

No, but there was chloroform residue found in the trunk of the car, in addition to evidence of something decomposing in there, human or otherwise. The fact that anything was decomposing in her car, with traces of chloroform, just months after a large amount of google searches for how to make chloroform on her home computer is what is compelling.

Like I said before, I've googled some strange things, read some amazing books and articles on death and decomposition (it's fascinating to me) but these are things that on their own are inconclusive. I have not, however, had anything decomposing in the trunk of my car, or lied about the disappearance of a loved one.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This is utter garbage! You cant prosecute unless someone has downloaded the information. Wait this is the USA where you can trample any law to make someone look like a criminal.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I think you are wrong.
I think the crime was gross negligence which led to manslaughter. You are riding on the assumption that she was searching chloroform to kill her daughter. I have to tell you that is pretty unlikely. She could have simply fed her a dose of drugs in food and it wouldn't have required a violent act (covering the girls face) or making chloroform. You make chloroform to knock people out not to kill. Far better/more efficient ways to kill.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Good grief. Do you think she's only being prosecuted for a Google search? You do realize the state has other evidence right?

Let's keep the melodrama to a minimum.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abney

Good grief. Do you think she's only being prosecuted for a Google search? You do realize the state has other evidence right?

You do realize I am speaking about politicians using this to censor the web right? Are you that dense? While proclaiming you're not?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The crime was murder, and it was planned. She was searching for ways to commit murder using chloroform and she succeeded.

Unfortunately there's no positive evidence linking Casey to Caylee's death, we don't even know how Caylee died. But the circumstantial evidence more than adds up.

I've become a bit cynical about this case, to be honest, I'm completely tired of hearing about it. In Orlando (where this occurred, for those of you not following) every news channel has a live feed from the court room, every weekday. What a waste.

(PM me if you want to see my website about the case, it's a good tip off about how jaded I am at this point.
)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abney

What evidence? All of the 'states' evidence is circumstantial. Personally I think it's ridiculous that we can put someone to death on the basis of circumstantial evidence. How barbaric and costly.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join